Main Menu

Thumbs up for Speed of Vallon on warders

Started by Bryc, January 07, 2004, 02:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryc

I am always quick to tell enchanters not to haste my warder, as the haste % tends to be similar, without the stat boosts our haste confers. I suppose hasting everything that moves is an enchanter thing.

Tonight I was grouped with a 62 chanter, and sure enough she types "Hasting Bryc's warder". Bah, now I'm thinking I have to kill my warder, or wait until her haste wears off. Then I looked at the buff window, and saw TWO haste icons - Omakin's and Speed of Vallon.

It seems that SoV stacks with our pet haste. As far as I can tell, it is the only haste spell that does. Even Visions of Grandeur (which is in the same line as SoV) does not stack. I assume that only the highest spell haste would apply, so no 140% haste.  However,  SoV carries some significant stat bonuses:

+52 AGI
+33 DEX
+41 ATK

According to lucy, SoV should stack with all DEX buffs, including the Shaman Focus line.  I can't really see a downside, other than needing a 62+ enchanter.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but *I* sure didn't know. I'll certainly be bugging chanters for SoV in the future.
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

Deaddragoxo

ya SoV stacks with all pet hastes  :D its very very helpfull

Morganti

its one of those fun comobs...only the highest haste will stack...but you get all the buff benifits plus the atk of the pet haste, and the stats of SoV

Dumpty

dont be bothering enchanters to waste their mana on sov'ing your pet. the few stats it adds will not make any noticable difference to it.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Lelyia

Aye the stats it adds don't make much of a difference on the pet, I don't haste my bst's warder =P.  If an enc feels like doing it sure why not, but don't ask for it doubt most would want to keep it hasted~

Bryc

dont be bothering enchanters to waste their mana on sov'ing your pet. the few stats it adds will not make any noticable difference to it.

Mana isn't a big issue. SoV costs 350 Mana, I blow twice that buffing the same melees they're hasting. I also can't yank 900 mana from the first caster mob I see. Obviously, if they're running low for some reason, one shouldn't bother them for buffs.

41 ATK is like Veng 8, it's slightly better than Call of the Predator. 33 DEX is a fair amount, and it stacks. Me + Enchanter can buff DEX higher than Me + Shaman.

Now, if you're saying that stats and ATK don't impact warder performance, I can't really argue that. It seems to make a difference for me, but I don't have any parses that say more DEX = more warder procs, or more ATK = bigger average hits. I have always taken it as given.

If more stats aren't affecting pet performance at your level, does that mean warders can cap stats? I have no idea.

Lelyia, you mean you don't haste it at ALL? Or just not chanter haste?
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

DiosT

Soriab

Yea SoV stacks and look on the bright side. You dont have to rehaste immideatly if you busy pounding a mob if your haste wears off hes still doing deacent DPS with the chanter haste there.

Cyclonne

I'll add my 2 cents that I've found it to be valuable to add the chanter haste... mainly so I can stack more dex for more pet procs.  I usually add IoS, dex and where a chanter is present, their stacking haste/dex.  It is a rare night when I finish an LDON with either my pet buffs or the chanter haste on my pet dropping.  

On raids, etc... where the chanters are so busy with tells, I don't bother... but for small/shorter events... I think it's definitely worth asking for:)

Cyclonne

Nunyabiz

with any luck Enchanters along with many others including clerics shamans etc will opt to get the Pet Affinity AA and our warders will not only start getting SOV, but also POT9/Kazad/Focus/BSS/Bardsongs/etc.

Vorph

(If you group with ENCs who have elemental legs, SoV is a freebie click for them.)

SoV significantly increases the # of hits for 86 my warder gets while xp'ing in Fire. I haven't checked to what effect if any the added dex has on weapon/rellic proc rates.