Main Menu

Apology

Started by Atropine_BB, October 20, 2004, 04:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atropine_BB

Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Eatbugs

QuoteI respect everyones opinion here, however I cannot violate my own personal principles due to the complaints of a few.

I have no problem with your sig, (even though it doesn't reflect my political views) but my "personal principles" don't include my right to advertise anywhere I feel like it - and advertising (not free speech) is basically what this is about.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Atropine_BB

Quote from: Eatbugs
QuoteI respect everyones opinion here, however I cannot violate my own personal principles due to the complaints of a few.

I have no problem with your sig, (even though it doesn't reflect my political views) but my "personal principles" don't include my right to advertise anywhere I feel like it - and advertising (not free speech) is basically what this is about.

As I stated many times before, it is not my intent to advertise.

Eatbugs, you get my personal apology for any discomfort my signature is causing you.  I'm sorry you see it as an advertisement.  I do not intend it to be such.  I apologize to you for the way it is making you feel.
Elder Atropine Invictus

Oneiromancer

I wasn't going to post anything, but I thought this was so priceless...

Quote from: Atropine_BBBased on principle, I will not remove the picture in my signature until after the election.

I'm sure it will be fixed soon...but I had a good laugh.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Incite

It's not about free speech.  No one is suggesting you can't express your opinion; it's about appropriateness and a statement like that is simply not appropriate on this forum.  If I wanted to see political stuff I'd go to a political forum.  This forum is censored and I'd not have it any other way; make a post with x-rated content and see how long it stays up.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Atropine_BB

Incite, I apologize to you too for making you uncomfortable with the picture in my signature.  You are correct that this website is censored to a degree, however my signature does not violate any of those posted rules.  I apologize for any discomfort my signature is causing you over the next 12 days.
Elder Atropine Invictus

tkyn

I don't really see anything wrong with it, though considering the sig I'm surprised you don't play a necro...
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

avsfanboi

I think a mod should and will make you take down your sig.

Would anybody care if I had a sig with a swastika flag on it? Dont tell me "its not the same". Its a political view in which you are forcing people to read.

Just curious if you are getting kickbacks from halliburton depending on how many people click the link in your sig. /salute "Hail Bush Reich"!

Giledorm

I have to agree here.  Perhaps if the sig was linked only in this forum, it would be appropriate.  Unfortunately, it's not.  This messageboard is not for political debate.  It is for the discussion of a specific class in a MMORPG.  That's it.  I applaud you for speaking out with your opinion, but this venue is a poor choice.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Atropine_BB

I apologize to you too avsfanboi for any discomfort the picture in my signature is causing you.
Elder Atropine Invictus

Jolrash

Is it necessary to have this debate and discussion in 2 different forums?  This Topic was about Atropine apologizeing to those that he may have offended with his sig.

Atropine, I was not offended by your sig but if I was I think it takes a great amount of appreciation to you community to at least apologize for the way that it makes certain people feel and that was not your intent.  I still believe in what i said in the other forum but do appreciate what you are trying to do in this one.

avsfanboi

Then what are your movties for posting your political view on a EQ class messageboard?

Liga

I think its a load of crock that you think YOUR opinion outweighs the majority view of this board.

I am asking, no pleading, with the moderators/administrators to institute an ignore policy on this board for this reason.  If one person starts to think they are above the views of this community, then others will follow suit.  Give the rest of the readers here an option because we have no option other than to read the garbage we're being force-read.

I will not continue to visit this board if it stays the same.  Its not a threat, just giving my view... ONCE... in a post!

And by the way, being sorry, or apologizing for something means that you will do something to change it.  And you are not.  What you are giving is lip service.  You dont have remorse or regret, you dont care.  If you did, youd change it.  So dont patronize people with your lame-ass attempts for apologies.

apologize

\A*pol"o*gize\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Apologized; p. pr. & vb. n. Apologizing.] [Cf. F. apologiser.] 1. To make an apology or defense. --Dr. H. More.

2. To make an apology or excuse; to make acknowledgment of some fault or offense, with expression of regret for it, by way of amends; -- with for; as, my correspondent apologized for not answering my letter.

Atropine_BB

I am simply showing my support for not only the political system I believe in, but also I'm simply showing support for my candidate.  I'm expressing my belief in the American political system in my own way.  This is the first EQ messageboard I've been to where people are so oppossed to the way I choose to express myself in my signature.

I am using my freedom of expression here on a messageboard that I frequent, which abides by the stated rules of the messageboard.  

What are your motives for having my signature censored avsfanboi?
Elder Atropine Invictus

Atropine_BB

Quote from: LigaI think its a load of crock that you think YOUR opinion outweighs the majority view of this board.

I am asking, no pleading, with the moderators/administrators to institute an ignore policy on this board for this reason.  If one person starts to think they are above the views of this community, then others will follow suit.  Give the rest of the readers here an option because we have no option other than to read the garbage we're being force-read.

I will not continue to visit this board if it stays the same.  Its not a threat, just giving my view... ONCE... in a post!

And by the way, being sorry, or apologizing for something means that you will do something to change it.  And you are not.  What you are giving is lip service.  You dont have remorse or regret, you dont care.  If you did, youd change it.  So dont patronize people with your lame-ass attempts for apologies.

apologize

\A*pol"o*gize\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Apologized; p. pr. & vb. n. Apologizing.] [Cf. F. apologiser.] 1. To make an apology or defense. --Dr. H. More.

2. To make an apology or excuse; to make acknowledgment of some fault or offense, with expression of regret for it, by way of amends; -- with for; as, my correspondent apologized for not answering my letter.

Liga, I respect your opinion, however I do believe you are wrong.  I am simply expressing myself in a way that is within the boundaries set by the administrators.

I have apologized to anyone that I have made feel uncomfortable by my signature, as that was not my intention.  However, I cannot change the way they feel.  

I do not in any way apologize for my beliefs or for what the picture in my signature stands for.
Elder Atropine Invictus