Main Menu

Apology

Started by Atropine_BB, October 20, 2004, 04:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JillieMT

Atropine, sadly I am beginning to think that you are simply being bullheaded about this, just for the sake of saving face. You believe it is your *right* to do whatever the heck you please, at the expense of the other members of this board. Despite your thin apologies, your unwillingness to take a step back and look at the big picture clearly shows that you haven't an iota of care for your fellow beastlords on this board. You are hiding behind the published rules of the boards, and you are trying to make the moderators here look foolish.

We have tried to *not* moderate this, in the hopes that you would step up, and show a bit of respect for your fellow board members. This is not happening. By our inactivity, we would be allowing anyone to just advertise whatever the heck they please.

If we moderate, and ban this, then we are seen as being too heavy-handed. I am really hoping that you will reconsider, and be the hero here. This isn't the place for politics.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Atropine_BB

Quote from: TastianI wish I could show such a complete and total child like disregard for others just because "it's not againist the rules".

I don't feel like I'm showing a complete and total child like disregard for others.

And thanks Tastian for putting me down like that.  I'm sure you would appreciate that if I said it to you.

Like I said above, politics is discussed in-game, in public channels, in zones where quite a few people congregate like PoK and the bazaar.

I will photoshop "BEASTLORS for" above the picture that I currently have.  As I am essentially a Beastlord for Bush Cheney '04 in-game.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

kholan

chill pill time.

I am glad to live in a country where all those aggravating bumper stickers accost my eyes every day as I drive to work. I am glad I live in a country where the citizens trash up their yards and boulevards with political signs.

I do not agree with atro's choices, but he is just doing what americans do in an election year.

A thin skin and democracy do not go together.

In Memphis (and other places I am sure) there is something that I really do not like --  jerks that tear down the opponents sign, deface the bumper stickers (or key the car --- what morons).

What atro did is a RIGHT we have. Ignoring his (imho) terrible choice is our duty  :)  Complaining (or apologizing) is a waste of time better spent getting past campaign slogans and mudslinging and actually addressing some serious issues that we have.

Move on. Nothing to see.

JillieMT

It isn't a right.

We are all guests of the owner of this server, and the people who work to make this place happen.

Hell, none of you are even paying to come here, even though there is a bill to be paid.

It is not a political forum.

Atropine_BB

Quote from: JillieMTAtropine, sadly I am beginning to think that you are simply being bullheaded about this, just for the sake of saving face. You believe it is your *right* to do whatever the heck you please, at the expense of the other members of this board. Despite your thin apologies, your unwillingness to take a step back and look at the big picture clearly shows that you haven't an iota of care for your fellow beastlords on this board. You are hiding behind the published rules of the boards, and you are trying to make the moderators here look foolish.

We have tried to *not* moderate this, in the hopes that you would step up, and show a bit of respect for your fellow board members. This is not happening. By our inactivity, we would be allowing anyone to just advertise whatever the heck they please.

If we moderate, and ban this, then we are seen as being too heavy-handed. I am really hoping that you will reconsider, and be the hero here. This isn't the place for politics.

It is a topic discussed in-game, in public channels.

Jillie, I'm sure you have seen the PM's I had with Rhaynne.  I told her that I respect the wishes of the moderators and administrators, and if they choose to moderate my signature, then so be it.

However, I have taken a step back and looked at the bigger picture as I just replied to you in the PM you just sent to me.

I am modifying my signature to reflect my in-game stance as a Beastlord.  When politics is brought up in public channels, I am a Beastlord for Bush, and I will photoshop the change in my signature to reflect that, as this is a Beastlord messageboard.
Elder Atropine Invictus

Tastian

Jol the point is those things aren't againist the rules either, but they aren't done.  He said

" I am not advertising anything, I am simply putting up a picture that has quite a bit of meaning to me. "

Some people in this world and believe it or not probably some people that read these boards would have pictures that have meaning to them that a vast majority of people don't want to see and that don't belong on these boards.  The fact is this is a message board dealing with beastlords and EQ primarily that is accessed by people all over the world of all sorts of different ages.  The topic and his opinion can be discussed in OOC or rants and no one I know of would say anything, however, he is hiding behind the kindness of the moderators so that he can post an ad for something in numerous sections that it simply doesn't belong on.

JillieMT

Precisely Atropine... when the subject comes up, you are a Beastlord for Bush.

As Tastian said, feel free to carry on political discussions in the OOC forum.

Your sig shows EVERYWHERE. So EVERYWHERE outside of the OOC forum, it is inappropriate.

I doubt that you are running through every zone in game and /shouting your political views.

Atropine_BB

The link has been removed, but the picture remains.

I will photoshop Beastlords for above the picture to keep it Beastlord related, and related to my character in game when such topics are brought up in public channels.
Elder Atropine Invictus

Tastian

I've also seen oral sex and rape discussed in public channels.  Clearly someone needs to post a bondage link in their sig because ya know they just have that fetish and the picture shows something they feel strongly about.  Your arguements are flawed man and still you come across totally indifferent to the feelings of other members of this community.  If you refuse to see what you are doing and why it's wrong then so be it, we'll hold your hand for you make sure to spell every little detail out.  Save yourself sometime and don't bother photoshopping anything.

Yzak

My points on the matter are as follows.  This isnt a politics board.  If I wanted to know his or anybody elses political positions in the upcoming election, I would go to a message board more suiting.  For instance, he is a supporter of Bush irl.  I could be supporting a poop eating contest but you wouldn't want to see that in my sig.  Even if I apologized for it, said I'd take it down after the big poop eating event, or whatever it doesn't matter it's not on topic, its not relevant to why we come here.

I find this somewhat related to the NFL's desicion on not letting Jake Plummer wear Pat Tillman's number on his helmet.  The league has rules against it even if what he is doing is good natured.  You can't put personal writing or stickers on your helmet.  Because if everybody did it, it would look like the XFL.

In conclusion, you might think your doing something YOU find good natured but it just isn't appropriate for the boards.  Things that express my personal beliefs don't belong here.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Atropine_BB

Tastian, now you are way out in left field.  

What you are talking about violates the rules and is clearly offensive.

I'm surprised you can even draw a connection between the two.

Look, if the moderators choose to remove the picture, then it is what it is.  In my eyes it is censorship as I haven't done anything to warrant such censorship in my posts, or by violating the rules.

I have removed the link from the signature picture, and I will make it beastlord related.

I don't ask for help here on this website, and I come here to share my knowledge of the game and help other beastlords where I can.

Please show me a post of mine where I don't try to help in some way.

Clearly a lot of people here have their priorities in the wrong place.

All I do is come here to help, and then I get persecuted by a few outspoken members for a picture that doesn't hurt anyone.

It really does show a lot about the tolerance some people do and do not have.
Elder Atropine Invictus

neight

This entire thread confirms my belief that some people take things way too seriously.

Neight for president.
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Tastian

"All I do is come here to help"

If all you did was come here to "help" then why would you allow this to go so far? Why would you intentionally do things to upset members of this commuinity?  Why you say that it's your right, your belief, your opinion.  If you are only here to help please explain to me how beastlords are helped by your sig?  It doesn't belong in every section, it doesn't belong in equipment or anything else.  Make a post about the election or registering to vote or whatever in the OOC and rant section that is what they are there for.  The picture in your sig is doing nothing to help the people here, all it is doing is causing problems and opening the door for more problems down the road.  You have some intelligence to ya so clearly you see the future ententions of your actions, you've admitted it bothered people and yet you've repeatedly said that it's your right (which isn't true) and you have your convictions and opinions.  Sigh I'm done with this it will be handled soon, but I have other things to be doing.  Thanks for coming here to help by spawning multliple multipage threads, raising moderation on the board and ignoring the feelings of others.

Atropine_BB

Quote from: Tastian"All I do is come here to help"

If all you did was come here to "help" then why would you allow this to go so far? Why would you intentionally do things to upset members of this commuinity?  Why you say that it's your right, your belief, your opinion.  If you are only here to help please explain to me how beastlords are helped by your sig?  It doesn't belong in every section, it doesn't belong in equipment or anything else.  Make a post about the election or registering to vote or whatever in the OOC and rant section that is what they are there for.  The picture in your sig is doing nothing to help the people here, all it is doing is causing problems and opening the door for more problems down the road.  You have some intelligence to ya so clearly you see the future ententions of your actions, you've admitted it bothered people and yet you've repeatedly said that it's your right (which isn't true) and you have your convictions and opinions.  Sigh I'm done with this it will be handled soon, but I have other things to be doing.  Thanks for coming here to help by spawning multliple multipage threads, raising moderation on the board and ignoring the feelings of others.

I come here to help with the content of my posts, not the content of my signature.

Clearly there is a difference.
Elder Atropine Invictus

Lorathir

I'm still neutral, but Atropine...

"A Beastlord for Bush" ?

Mate, seperate EQ from politics. This is getting weeeeird.