Main Menu

Treehuggers are just too easy.

Started by Thrashum Gud, January 07, 2004, 03:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrashum Gud

So I'm level 39 and looking for a place to hunt when it dawns on me that I used to hunt the druids/rangers with my necro in West Commons.  It can't be that hard, if my wimpy necro can do it so can my mighty Troll beastlord.

So I buff up with all my nifty new spells, toss on all 5 resists (on me and my Gussy), con the mobs and they are dark blue.  Then I start to think about how I can split these mobs and it dawns on me.

I use Flash of Light on the one to the right and she takes off towards the toll booth like a shot, by the time she returns my pet and I have whacked the first one and she falls in short order.  I go around the druid ring and /con Slea, she's indifferent so I can sell all those fine steel weapons, longbows, gems, and othe misc items.

A little over 2 hours later and I notice I have 2 full bubbles of experience and about 600pp (I use the +25 cha steisn for better prices, with a 49 I kinda have to  :roll: ).

Those wussie treehuggers drop so fast I can't even /shout Ranga Down !!!  to irritate the few goody two shoe types that are in the zone with me.  Fast re-pop, an avg of 8pp per kill, and a vendor within spitting distance, plus the added bonus of the occasional hill giant and of course kill any bear that passes by (pelts sell nicely).

It's a fine spot for level 39.

RekcahMT

Just dinged 39 and thought why not let my new pet kitty cut his teeth on some druids. So I hike it WC and only 3 peeps in zone and damned if one is camping the druids. So then I remembered the rangers by the obelisk in EC so went back to them, conned them and dark blue as well. Split with FoL and they dropped without a problem. Rangers dual weild and dropped USUALLY 2 fine steel plus long bow and a little coin. Vender right beside who cons indifferent.  Faction hit is jagged pine.

I am passive when LFG, so while in EC anyway waiting for LDON groups  I just run up LFG tag and Bob's your uncle - xp, loot, and form a group.
Rekcah - 58 - Beastlord - Morell-Thule

Lorathir

Hehe.

I remember when playing my first alt, a Druid, and being annoyed at the Necro's that used to kill the two Druid NPC's here. How could they???

Of course, when my Necro got 39 a while later, guess what he done?
Yep, killed the two Druids *sigh*. Back then, when feared they would walk back and forth in front of the Druid circle - I believe they fixed the pathing a while back, but talk about shooting fish in a barrel!

Karthum

What's the faction hit on these guys?  Jaggedpine as well?

-K
Karhtum Whitestripes // Vah Shir Beastlord // Firiona Vie Server // Magelo //
Eyeama Silkentouch// High Elf Cleric // Magelo //

Mindlet

No they have nothing to do with Jaggedpine. I can't remember what it is though probably some Kelethin faction.

Karthum

I went over with my 2 box crew, and even though the exp is not the greatest for a 2 box group, the money was great, lol.  

- for Jaggedpine treefolk
+ for Unkempt druids

+2 other hits, that I can't recall at the moment.

-K
Karhtum Whitestripes // Vah Shir Beastlord // Firiona Vie Server // Magelo //
Eyeama Silkentouch// High Elf Cleric // Magelo //

Mindlet

But if you check that faction on Allas its the faction for the surefall druids not for jaggedpine. The faction for people in jaagepine is residents of jaggedpine.

Alerka

Why would you want to kill 2-4 mobs and have to wait for them to respawn?