Main Menu

Ailing Walrus - SG To WW Advice Please

Started by decapolis, October 27, 2004, 09:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decapolis

I've just started my Epic 1.5 and am trying to hunt down the Ailing Walrus. My main problem is getting to the WW zone line from SG. I spent a good 4 hrs lastnight fighting my way around SG but everywhere seemed to turn up a deadend. I tried searching boards and viewing multiple maps but had no luck. I remember going through this zone a few times many years ago on a different character and thought it was as simple as killing some seahorses/swordfish up front then invising to WW zoneline.

Anyway, any advise from those that have gone through SG to WW and could drop me a few hints would be great.

Thanks!

negrismorte

Offer 100pp in PoK for a port to CS and a succor to WW.

EDIT: not trying to be a smart ass, this to me was the easiest way since the revamp.

CillianFV

When you zone in from CS, it is the tunnel on the left which is guarded by two mobs.  You swim down that tunnel to the end and then swim straight up.  From there you should be able to see the well that leads to the sirens to use as a landmark.  You can invis at that point and if you know your way around that side of the zone it's an easy run out.  In total you will have to kill about 4 or 5 mobs.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Khayden

Note that there's a swordfish in the pool you end up in when you swim straight up who sees invis, trap spawned I think.

Zoneout ionce you're out of the water is take the left passage and hug left, if the zone is empty you can easily train out to clear any aggro.  There's a wanderer in the tunnel and one outside in the open so if you lose invis to the swordfish you can be having a fight with 3-4 mobs :)

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Taiglin

There is a guide to getting through SG from CS to WW in 30sec on the dreaded RPGexpert site if you want to look there.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kinal

You don't have to kill anything.

Start by looking at this map.

Before you zone in from Cobalt Scar, make sure you have SoW... not SoE as Siren's Grotto strips all Levitation..  Zone in.  Now looking at the map, quickly jump in the water and swim north along the 0 on the x-axis (the up and down line in the map).  The tunnel eventually curves up, follow it.  Where the color blue changes at about n225 is a waterfall down in to the pool.  Once you are in that pool, quickly swim left and jump out.  Reinvis and run to the WW zone and zone out to clear any aggro.  Zone back in.  Done.

You will most likely aggro stuff in the water, but with your SoW and the z-axis change due to the tunnel and the waterfall, you have plenty of time to get reinvised and zone out.  And it has been my experience that most stuff in the water in SG can't get out, but don't trust me on that.

Once you know the way, it's easier than trying to find someone to come Succor you across.

DontPetBear

I'll tell you the way i go.  Looking at Kinal's map follow the tunnel that goes up the +100 to 150 axis.  Not the middle one, and not the one that goes directly west.  The one that is Northwest.  You'll get some agro from 1-2 mobs when you swim into tunnel.  Just have a pet up to take it, or just keep swimming; they don't hit that hard or fast really.  

Eventually you'll get to the end of tunnel (not that long really when you're sweating the agro hehe).  Swim up and to the right (east).  You'll pop-up onto a ledge.  Very important-you can stand on that ledge.  Below you will probably see that new mob that is see-invis.  No problemo.  Look off to your left and you'll see 2 mobs pathing in and out of area you want to get to.  Wait till they are both gone and jump down into water.  Quickly swim to your left and jump out.  Snuggle back into the corner there and re-invis.

As Khayden said, from there just follow wall left until you zone into WW.  You'll be inside the caverns when you zone.  Pretty easy run once you get it down.  Scary the first couple of times.  Just remember to stay on that ledge before dropping down and you'll be fine.

If for some reason you pop over ledge and drop down, just swim to left ledge and jump out.  You should have at most one mob that will agro you there.  Slow it and kill it, or hit your /disc while following wall left till you can go into first tunnel and keep going left till you zone out.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Zyvox.

COuldnt you, at least at one time, zone in, sit in the first corner, log out and in 3 times, and end up on the far side... you know, like dorthy clicking her heels....

negrismorte

Quote from: Zyvox.COuldnt you, at least at one time, zone in, sit in the first corner, log out and in 3 times, and end up on the far side... you know, like dorthy clicking her heels....

Yes, that was the preferred method for many.  You would camp in corner, log in, immediately camp again, repeat until you would log in so far in the wall that you got "booted" to the succor point.  This doesn't work anymore.

Gremkin

At one time you could do the Wizard of Oz trick yes, but they fixed that with a patch quite some time ago.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Gariyn

I also need this peice. Was wondering if a 66 shammy and me would be able to handle the walrus.

Thanks
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Eatbugs

QuoteWas wondering if a 66 shammy and me would be able to handle the walrus.

Definitely.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Kinal

Quote from: GariynI also need this peice. Was wondering if a 66 shammy and me would be able to handle the walrus.

Thanks

I did it with myself (65) and a druid (63) and had no real problems.

Taiglin

Did it with 65 Bst / 64 Dru, just echoing the easy. One thing to remember though is the mob does death walk at ~10% iirc.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Gariyn

Cool thanks I will be draggin my mate over there at every oppority I get. Just curiuos how about me solo?.
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious