Main Menu

Spell drops for the non-raiders

Started by bham, October 28, 2004, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

A light at the end of the tunnel for non-raiding beastlords who want their spell drops.

With some persistence and a little luck I have found some spots that drop spell runes which were previously thought (by me at least) to be out of reach of non-raiding people.

Firstly I had a greater muramite rune drop off Bazu Destroyer in Wall of Slaughter. Its not listed on Allahkazam as on the drop table but trust me it happened. (The first 69 BL spell is Spiritual Ascendance - Yay!)

Last night I got a Talesorian (sp) Geomancy Stone Eril (gives BL spell Trushar's Frost - level 65 nuke) from Frenzied Noc Corpsegrinder in Barindu.

Both mobs were tanked by me (69 BL with about 6.8k hp buffed, no raid gear) with a single cleric on heals (5k mana pool, no raid gear).

Both these zones are non-flagged and doable by bazaar-equipped toons if you are on your game. You dont even need a full group, I have done both these names with 4 in group.

Bazu Destroyer pops near the south wall just west of the zone entrance tunnel in WoS. I suspect the greater rune is extremely rare off him.

Frenzied Noc Corpsegrinder is a wandering spawn who pops when you clear the mobs that wander around in front of the Ferubi zone line in Barindu. I have killed him 5 times for 1 Eril rune. Also drops chain boots (about 80hp/mana) and plate bracer (about 95 hp/mana).
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Eatbugs

QuoteFirstly I had a greater muramite rune drop off Bazu Destroyer in Wall of Slaughter. Its not listed on Allahkazam as on the drop table but trust me it happened.

I've seen 69 runes off about half the named south of the wall so far - I suspect they can all drop them as rares.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

bham

In addition to getting 69 runes off WoS names, you can get level 70 runes off RcoD names.

Bowlord Rorn, and possibly other RcoD names can drop glowing runes (level 70 spells). The Bowlord camp is doable with a non-raiding cleric on heals and a strong non-raiding BL on tanking/slowing. I have boxed the camp for several hours with no deaths.

In addition to the runes, drops include the nice shaman-only attunable claok, a int-caster face and the items for the revenge on the kyv quest (gives melee/hybrids a Ft4 ring). You can also do another named (a dragorn, forget the name) at the same time that drops runes and a caster-only wand. While your at it, get one of the signets for anguish access off the prodigal dragorn.

All in all, a nice camp that gives good loot, good exp, runes up to level 70 and is easier than MPG.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox