Main Menu

new mage toy for pet

Started by bellzebut, October 29, 2004, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellzebut

Can i give the new mage pet toy to my warder at my lvl, 55 ?
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

NoxCruor

If you're referring to the 1hs....nope.  I tried that when I first saw them for sale in the bazaar.  Sure, you can give your warder the weapons, that's no biggie.  However, you'll see this a LOT:  Your warder's will is insufficient to command its weapon.

So, from what I can gather, we need to be 60 or higher to use it.

Also, since there's a thread on this:  Which weapon is better for a toy?  The hand of the ixiblat (what I use most), or the other one..the sword thing that looks like a fish out of water?

Hope this helps.
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Gurgar

All the toys should be approximately equal.  For best results, I'd choose them based on resists and where you're fighting.  Blade of Walnan is magic resist.  Hand of Ixiblat is fire resist.  Blade of the Kedge is cold resist.

Shieara

If I plan on keeping a pet up for a long time I usually give Fluffy one of each type.  That way if I switch zones there is still a good chance of landing at least half of the procs.  Otherwise just go for whatever you think will land most of course.

Coprolith

QuoteIf I plan on keeping a pet up for a long time I usually give Fluffy one of each type. That way if I switch zones there is still a good chance of landing at least half of the procs. Otherwise just go for whatever you think will land most of course.

The basic idea behind that has merit but technically there's a good chance of either landing 2/3rds or 1/3rd of the procs if a mob is particularly resistant to one of the procs. The order in which you give the weapons matters in this. First weapon will go into the pets MH, second into the pets OH, and pets, just like PCs, proc weapons about 2x/min with the MH and 1x/min in the OH.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Beerig-FV

Quote from: NoxCruor
So, from what I can gather, we need to be 60 or higher to use it.

Actually, since the pet is equipping the weapon, the pet has to be level 60 (which is the level 64 pet and up, with or without any focus).

Hope this helps   :)

Tastian

62 pet was 60 as well as I recall, but I'm in the middle of a 2 and a half month brain fart so *shrugs* someone correct me if I'm wrong lol.

wolverine9981

On the mage board they parsed out the pet weapons and the old pet weapons would proc 3 times a min - 2MH 1OH and the new pet weapons procced 5 times a min - 3MH 2OH.
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

Tastian

The new mage weapons have 200% proc rate mods on them.

wolverine9981

Here is the link to the parse on the mage board.  They have some decent looking data from the looks of it.
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

Tastian

I've read it and most of it agrees with what I'm saying.  There are some questions such as whether the pet has maxed dex or not.  For a beastlord warder we hit max dex on pet with pet proc (+75 dex) and one other dex buff (infusion or dex).  I haven't tested on a mage what is needed to cap them.  Also you don't have a way to account for the fully resisted procs if they happen.  If proc rate were the same you could actually parse it better by giving the weapons to a pet that isn't high enough level to proc them and then just recording "pets will is not sufficent" messages as then you don't have to factor in resists.

Also you can just look at the spell dat...

Kedge

No proc rate mod on it, but look at...

Deep

It lists the 200% proc rate mod on it, just like ED lists 85% or zha's or any other weapon lists its adjusted rate.  *shrugs*