Main Menu

DoT Efficiency and the Beastlord

Started by Azmod, November 03, 2004, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Yeah, the agro we gain from our dot's is just to disfunctional to make them very effective in most cases I find. If I'm tanking in WoS or Ele's or even KT I don't use dots for agro because of the cost of ensuring solid agro and if I'm just DPS then they draw too much agro for us to use them reliably and not get a beating.

Although I do love loading up all 3 top dots and firing up all discs and AA's and slaughtering some named, either in a group or solo. 1000dmg/tic in dot's if they crit is kinda nice.

Bengali

BTW Tastian, what are you fighting that FM actually lands on?  I try using it in Omens and Gates and the mobs just laugh at me.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I use it well farming bats in EFP for levitate regants.  I find I have to kite a bit longer since the dmg per tick is lower, but that I make up for that in mana efficency in the long run.

Seriously, I use it in various places, but I see too many resists on it too.  Then again I see too many resists on slow and too many resists on time lapse and everything else these days it seems lol.  Least when FM gets resisted though I don't eat it as much as I do when chimera blood gets resisted, or lands, or gets mem'd lol.