Main Menu

Snow storms

Started by Pojodan, January 07, 2004, 06:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojodan

YAAARGH!

My power is out AGAIN!

Was down for 36 hours last week now it's out again!!

AAAAARGH!!!!!

For those that are weather-impaired, I live in Salem, Oregon which was hit by the worse snow storm in recorded history of the area last week and just got hit by another of similar magnitude today leaving me forced to run off my laptop which lacks the power to run EQ

/sniffles  :cry:

Leberger

:(  I feel for you, I live a long ways from any town, seems like if the wind just blows the power goes out.
Move over skinny dog cause the fat dog's movin in.
Lebergerjr - 59 - Beastlord - KB

Grbage

My parents have been lucky, they live half hour south of Salem with no power problems. Just a bit of snow.

Looks like I will be relocating back to Portland, OR but I get to miss all the nasty weather.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Rugom Razorclaw

It had been in the 70s the past week :)

We got a little cold snap and went into the 40s the past couple days though :(
Rugom Razorclaw

Mogur Bloodbear
Ayonae Ro

Pojodan

Don't get me wrong, I love snow, I love Oregon weather, I just despise losing the ability to play EQ for 2 full days.. along with all the other electricity dependant things such as Satelite TV, heaters, foot warmers, lava lamps, etc etc.

Jikarra

Everett, Washington here in the great NW as well.

We got hit by that same storm ...ugh that was NOT fun :( gotta love people who don't have the faintest idea how to drive in it either grrrrrrrrr You would think they would know by now that driving 60 mph is NOT the smartest thing to do in a snowstorm /boggle

We had to go to work anyway :(  :(  It was awful tues am but it got really bad that afternoon. Snowdrifts all over and we were at 7 inches here by evening!!! ARGH!!!! Then the weather people say "Oh it is turning to rain and the snow wil be melting." LIES!!!!  I went outside Wed am and my garage door was FROZEN shut from the freezing rain that hit...and hubby's car was covered in no less than 3/4 inch of ice. So my car was trapped in the garage and his we had to actually chip away ice to get into.

Thank goodness power is back on and the ice is about gone :) I love snow and I love ice but only so long as I don't have to go anywhere !!!
Jikarra (and her warder Bubbles )

Cazic's Sexy Lizardlady in Pink for 40 Levels now...

renl

That sucks I is all that I can come into mind.  I am really surprise that we have NO snow yet in PA.