Main Menu

Strat for DDA Fight

Started by VoS Jamond, November 04, 2004, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoS Jamond

All,

I posted this strat on my guild's message boards to get ready for the final fight.  Hope this helps you guys out.  It's dummied down some for the guild but I think you'll get the idea.

---------------------------------------------

Here is a complete write-up for the final Beastlord epic fight.  We will have four Beastlords in the guild needing to do this fight, so I figured I'd write this up so we don't have to review the strat every time.  Click on the thumbnails to see the full-size pictures.  :D  Let me know if you have any questions!

1.  We will form up at the Ruined City of Dranik zone-in.  Once raid is formed up and buffed, we'll move.

2.  There is only one way out of the zone-in area, and that is heading North.  We will invis to the first tunnel on your RIGHT as you head north from zi.  To get to the tunnel, head north out to the open area, and it's the first tunnel on your RIGHT.

This is a view as you are leaving the zone-in area

This is the entrance to the tunnel

3.  Once you're in the tunnel, go up the stairs and STOP at the top of the stairs.

Here is a layout of the tunnel

4.  We will kill the roamers in the tunnel there and pull the MoBs from the East room and kill them.

The 3 MoBs in the East room

5.  We will probably also have to kill Darnor, errr, Bloated Girplan, if he is up in the East room.  He's a MoB for Shaman epic 2.0.

Named in East room

6.  After all the MoBs in the East room are dead, head to the East room.

7.  We will then pull the 3 MoBs from the North room and kill them.

The 3 MoBs in the North room

8.  Once all the MoBs in the 2 rooms and wanderers in the hall are dead, the turn-in will be done to spawn the named.

9.  Make sure you are TIGHT against the east wall of the EAST room when the named is spawned and stay invis until the Named is trained out of the tunnel.

10.  After the turn-in, 6 MoBs will spawn in the North Room – The Named and 5 adds.

View of the North room from the entrance

View of the North room as you look to the left from the entrance

The DDA and his 5 warders!

11.  A SK will HS or a Monk with DA will then train all 6 MoBs out of the tunnel and into the open area in the middle of the zone.

12.  Once they are out, FD pullers can start tagging DDA and peeling him away from the 5 adds.

13.  All of the MoBs have a HUGE agro range, so it will take a few minutes to split the named from the others.  Please be patient!

14.  Once the named is split, pull it into the EAST room and we'll engage in the NE corner of room.

The Discordling Dark Animist

15.  DDA hits for 1500 max, has a 500 DD w/stun, AE rampages, has a 1000 DD (AE) w/100 HP & mana drain DoT per tick (AE), and is partially slowable.  The range of the AE DD and DoT is 200, and can be cured with one cast of RGC.

*Here is the info from Lucy on the AE:

Quote from: Lucy
Discordant Feedback
Classes:
None
Description:
1: Decrease HP when cast by 1000
2: Decrease Mana by 100 per tick
3: Decrease Hitpoints by 100 per tick
4: Decrease Endurance by 150 per tick
5: Decrease Endurance by 100
6: Increase Curse Counter by 16

Monsters with this ability:
Girplan Scavenger
Viarglug
Discordling Dark Animist

Details: Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Spell Type: Detrimental Skill: Evocation
Mana: 0 Target Type: NPC Hatelist
Casting Time: Instant Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 6 ticks @L10
Recast Time: 45 Resist: Chromatic (-300)
Fizzle Time: 0.00 Range to target: 0
AE Radius: 200 Interruptable: Yes
Reflectable: Yes
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

Oneiromancer

I was fooling around last night, and I found that the long snaky tunnel in Bloodfields, in the middle north of the zone, will take you to the short tunnel by the dragorn rebels in Ruined City of Dranik.  I'm not sure if clicking worked, but U definitely did...I was very surprised!  These tunnels are pretty small but could be a shorter run for a raid...or somewhere for a puller to train to which isn't used very often...

Map of the Bloodfields with this zone marked: http://eq.mapfiend.net/view.php?map=bloodfields_1_4377.txt&bg=b&id=280

Map of Ruined City of Dranik, zoneline is around neg 250 horizontal, pos 1600 vertical: http://eq.mapfiend.net/view.php?map=dranik_1_4216.txt&bg=b&id=282

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Eatbugs

Nice writeup, and good pulling strategy. Hope it goes well.  :)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Meeshna

Thanks for the great write up.  Now I just have to find about 4 more FD pullers since our small guild has one that can even handle getting hit by those mobs. /sigh

I watched a druid try to do a pick up for his fight in Kith (much easier zone to even get to than RCoD) and even with offering an 80k roll if the fight was a success it took him over 4 hours to gather 20 peeps to help him out.  And I have no clue how he did.  I hope he won.
Questing Vah Shir

Katklawz

Nice  Post  8)    Does the  warders despawn after you kill DDA?also do you have to kill them or just kill DDA?If anyone has more info on the warders like how much they hit for,do they use any procs,etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

zumu

Quote from: KatklawzNice  Post  8)    Does the  warders despawn after you kill DDA?also do you have to kill them or just kill DDA?If anyone has more info on the warders like how much they hit for,do they use any procs,etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

the info on what the warders hit for etc is posted elsewhere about 400 times. they do not despawn immediately on dda death. they now despawn on the event timer, so 1 hour minus whatever time it takes you to finish the fight off.

Katklawz

Hmmm I read them all and only seen a couple posts that say 800ish thats not close to 400 times and  that  dont tell if  they use procs ,how many HP's etc.Hmmm I see I will no longer post here. Thanks anyways

Vidyne

40-50k hp

1000 max hit

Flurry,(some say ramp)

Summon

Unmezzable/rootable/snareable

Partially slowable

Quad

Felidae

I did this approach tonight.  Worked well over all. We had a druid cause the druid mob to pop so were running close on time so rather then fight the girplan we parked the raid in the tunnels  NW and then when the DDA and friends where hauled out into the valley we all streamed back to his now empty room to fight there.  That worked fine.  

We had only a single monk on hand and could only manage to peel off the DDA and two warders (tiger,wolf) but we had 5 grps oow/elementally equiped so we off tanked the two warders and ground the DDA down, then dealt with the two warders after.  Was close but a win.

Stingite

Gratz Feli . . . I think that sounds like a fantastic idea to avoid the Bloated Girplan.  I may try to convince my guild to give this a go again.

Moonchaser

Did this fight today 30 people lvl 65 - 70 mostly elemental geared....we where short healers so we chose to try to split DDA and pets...combo of monk/bard/SK/Bst tag we where able to slowly split all pets out of cave and bring DDA back in solo....once he was solo fight was VERY smooth...moral of the story....they ARE splitable the above startegy is what I based ours on.

Moogasourus

My exp on 1.5 final battle

My guild does Epic 1.5 final battles on Saturdays at 8pm est. Its not mandatory to attend so ya never really know how many or what classes are available to help until its go time.

First attempt:  Gather at 8:30 ish in RcoD.... we start to clear to tunnel... Druid 1.5 mob pops in DDA room.   No druids were working on there 1.5 at the time either.  b4 long  Bst   NPC depops.  We move on to other epic 1.5 battles.

Second attempt:  only 15 peeps available at 8pm..... around 9 more log on .. Bst NPC despawns we reschedule.  Guild wants to keep battles in 8-10 time frame.

3rd try:  NPC depops at 8pm ... guild elects to do other 1.5's

4th attempt:  1 bard 1 sk  to split and around 25 totall.  Bard and SK we able to split DDA and one warder... but not far enough as all other warders aggro'd and ran to raid after we attacked DDA... we wipe ugly..... only 10 min till DDA depops

5th attempt.... after camping NPC in RCoD in the AM ... she is to pop up at 7 pm est.    She pops at 6:55 est.... we dont gather enough peeps to help till 8:30.  30 peeps in raid   We clear to room.. Clear out the 3 dragorns in the room. I run to Errena Farrel.... as i am handing in my cloak she despawns!!!@!  I want to kick a puppy now!

6th:   camp Errena Farrel in the AM she pops at 11 am . timer should make her pop around 7 pm later that day.     So i decide to screw that timer up.  SO i spawn DDA at 11:05  Eranna Ferral despawns around 11:07  repops up at 1:05. i wait till 2:00 and respawn DDA.... NPC depops at 2:02.......Now She should respawn later in the day at around 8pm est...... just in time for another try.... and now i dont have to worry about NPC despawning on me.

8pm
IM in Rcod GTG.... not many log on that night.    had only 18 peeps around 8:30.  2 clerics... 2 tanks asorted mellee.   I am not feeling good about trying it with only this many.   BARD LOGS ON!!  Thank god! ANOTHER BARD logs on!    F*%k it lets try to split them.   now 9pm.   We have 20 peeps.  2 who are druids who are working on 1.5's and up to the RcoD fight.  So we decide to clear the area just outside the BF zi tunnel.  Near the quest NPC(dont remember the name).   We clear.... I spawn DDA.    now both bards run into DDA tunnels ... while i wait outside tunnel invised.... Bards gonna try to split while i wait outside and give bards info on how for apart mobs are when they are runnig past me.   Balagar my guilds ubah bard tells me ... here i come.... and he comes flying out of the tunnels.....fades once or twice.....runs back in ......runs back out......being chased by only the DDA..... did not high sun warders at all..... not sure what the hell happend but only the DDA was chasing him.... we pulled to the raid and beat his arse down.  was not too tough of a fight with 20 peeps ep geared.  Had an add or two repop during battle but they were easily offtanked.

All credit goes to Balagar and Onitheris..... the 2 bards who pulled DDA.  I was so suprised we pulled it off with that few people after i watched groups of 40 peeps wiping to DDA and warders.
Key was bards if you ask me.

Thank god thats over!!!! and Grats to me! Woot!  8-)

Zesh

Grats on your Epic. I know its a pain in the Arse!!! I had similar problems

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php/topic,4987.0.html

Maybe one day I'll have it, :-(

pusur

Im not sure if this has been mentioned before cause im too lazy to read it all but id still like to add some small part of this fight:
We did this tonight for a fellow guildy....We fought him the straight easy way.....offtanking his friends.....went perfect till DDA was at 1% or so....then he friggin gated!!!!
We wiped of course :-(
Dunno if its a bug or if they changed something in last patch....suggest pulling his friends out of room and tanking DDA himself in his room on his spawn!
IMO
GL

Edit: We rezzed up fast and decided to try again before he depopped. DDA was now alone on the stairs to his room but none of his friends were close to him. We engaged and dragged him down to his room. His friends were all gone.....he was single and i thought WOW awesome....easy fight then....
Then he starts gating and gating and gating and regaining a few % hp each time....was like if he healed himself.....grrrrr......
Well we burned him down in the end....think someone shouted MANADRAIN somewhere in the middle of the fight...