Main Menu

Strat for DDA Fight

Started by VoS Jamond, November 04, 2004, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turindel

Just wondering if anyone has attempted DDA as of late. I tried two nights ago and attempted to pull to the entrance using 2 monks. They could not get the DDA alone no matter what they tried. Any suggestions?

Moonchaser

here is how I have done it multiple times in the past weeks......set up either in Caves north of DDA, or in the hall west...I invised at corner before tunnel out...DA pally tags a pet, after the whole mess passes me I tag DDA with Slow or incpacitate...DA pally MUST get out of the tunnels, while I return with DDA solo

Vidyne

Tried that with a Bard(puller) and ranger with IC(tagger)

When the ranger aggroed, all 5 pets + DDA turned on him... he died instantly.

We then let the bard play with Highsun and her own splitting methods and she brought gator + scaly + ugly to camp.

As posted elsewhere, gator and scaly deaded, wipe to ugly at 40%, rez, ugly's corpse

I asked the bard if she was out of aggro range, she and the ranger said they were sure she wasnt but ...  ya know.

Just saying that may not work is all.

Moonchaser

Make sure the initial puller is aggroing a pet and not DDA himself

hakaaba

Compiled this stuff together for my guild, might as well post it:

Discordling Dark Animist -- final bst 1.5 mob
Ruined City of Dranik

DDA hits 1100 and ae rampages, and is partially slowable

It has a boat load of hps, the pets have about 1/10th of its hp -- it has 5 pets

DDA casts an AE 1k dd which is also a hp,mana, and endurence drain over time
It also casts a single target 500 dd/root

Each pet hits 650, slowable, some rampage -- once they are killed they do not repop

A medium  force is needed for it (~15-30) The number needed varies depending on how well the pets are split

DDA and its pets have super large assist range/tether but can be split by several methods

allakhazaam info -- lists chest drops as well
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=16745

detailed bard 'high sun' pulling/splitting method
http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=4654.0

pictures of his exact spawn location/ old guide to the fight (this post lol)
http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=4402

wow that took a long time to put together

NOTE: all this info is post December 15th patch

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Raedwolf

Having just completed this fight last night, pulling the DDA to the ZI of RCoD, my logs from the fight show DDA to have over 325k HPs (can't parse other's DoTs, pet dmg, et cetera; figure probably about 500k), and hit for about 711ish DPS, with a high hit of 1100 (avg shown to be about 400ish per hit). This was against our MA, who is fully defensive, and has an unbuffed AC of 1743. We used a team of a bard and a monk to pull. The biggest issue we had with our technique was that the section of the ZI we fought in (by the downed stone-type mob) was that none of those corners worked well to corner the mob; we basically walked him back and forth against the west wall. Total fight took 3.5 minutes.

As for forces, we did it with a raid force of 21 non-EP folks.

It *did* take us quite a while to pull him back and get him single at the ZI; something along the lines of 45 minutes. But once we had him single, the fight really didn't go too badly. We also had our healers around the corner from where we fought him, to avoid the AE (or try). Another suggestion I'd make is that if you're going to use this pull technique, be sure to keep the corridors near the ZI clear, to avoid add issues.
Raedwolf
Wildcaller
Officer, Immortalis Kruoris

Skratz

Just got my epic1.5 last night! (4/19)WOOOOT!!  How we did it:  Set up at historian.  Pulled dda and pets out of tunnel to hill.  Split them near tunnel exit, tagged 3 pets.  Someone had aggro on the last 2, or they just came as assist to other pets about 15 seconds later.  DDA did not assist pets, but pets did assist him.  Stuck a tank (or me) on each pet.  killed em good.  Then pulled DDA single.  Owned the fight without a death.  36 ish non-ep.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Mrcoolies

HI
Has anyone tried pulling with greeny pet? or atleast pulling warders with green pet?

Skratz

green pet pulls got nerfed a while ago to my knowledge, havent seen them work for a few months....
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

KirishuRN

Finally got up off my lazy duff and completed my epic as well. We had about 20+ people. The easist way we did it was to have a tank type just off tank the warders, have the MT on the named and killed down the warders. Once they were dead, we killed the named. Had a couple of deaths, but only took like 5 min to complete.
If you have the people, just tackle it on the spot and kill them where they stand.
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Mrcoolies

Hi
I was green pet pulling in BoT last night. Use it to pull guards away from named worked a treat.

Moonchaser

Due to the insanely high aggro radius on these mobs I highly doubt you could keep a pet alive long enough to get clear, even with DA

Cataria

Killed DDA last night for friend's bst alt. We had 22 in the raid but you really don't need that many - 2 groups max would have done the trick.

Bard pulled DDA + warders out of caves, then SK tagged DDA in the tunnel, pulled back to raid and FD at raid (hence clearing aggro from warders). Bard pulled warders miles away and faded, leaving warders somewhere at top of zone where they stayed.

Raid falls on DDA, mob dies in less than 2 minutes and grats Sebuka on 1.5 =)

(Avg raid level - all 70s bar one 67; a mixture of mains and alts from Anguish level guild; mostly Anguish / Tacvi geared)

Working on his 2.0 now! =) (last fight to go, not sure if we can 1-group the NC and BF fight as easily as we did the DDM in JP tho...)

Stumps_Bertox

got him to 31% last night with 6... I botted 3, friend botted 3
1. warrior with tacvi/some anguish gear
2. tacvi/anguish BL
3. cleric bot, time level
4  (me) stumps 70 druid time/ele
5. (me) gogbuk 68 BL
6. (me) 69 sk time gear

we would have won if not for the ae, which i should have been curing :(  another dps and a cleric we would have won even with the ae

next time i will use infusion aa for sure...

If you dont have a bard, Dranik sewers instance and BF zone are  your friends when splitting DDA off :)
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Mrcoolies

Hi
Ok Iam getting sick to death of DDA now, I have been stuck on him for months.
Out of the 5 tries we managed to get him single once, and we got him to 14% because raid wasnt ready when he was pulled to us.
Its getting harder to get people to help me on this encounter as it just plain sucks, so is there anyone on bertox that might be able to help with the pull? thats how desperate Iam getting hehe I just want my new stick :(

cheers