Main Menu

Strat for DDA Fight

Started by VoS Jamond, November 04, 2004, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fendodar

I was able to do this with a 17 man raid almost all Time or better geared. What I did was positiont eh raid near the first bridge by the Grand Historian, I then had a Bard friend go in agro DDA and Fade a few times till DDA got stuck on a tree and he ran of fwith the warders till they thethered back to bind and walla we kicked DDA's arse =)

70 Wildblood of Fennin Ro

felinefury

Is that how we ar egoing to do mine fendo?   heh

Xular

i have done this with 10 people pickup style.
i thought this would be hard but when we split the warders from the DDA we pulled it to bloodfields ZL and omg  :-o we murdered the mob in like 10mins , no one came close to dieing but i ate enrage. this fight is very easy done WELL and right

Taiglin

What method did you use to split and do you have a general feel for the gear level of the folks there?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Xular

most of the people were 70 , we had a bard pull all mobs out then highsun them 1 at a time. everyone was about PoTime geared or higher.

Spiritos

Greetings

A Beast Lord in my Guild is ready for her Final 1.5 Battle. This will be the first time any in my guild will be attempting this fight as far as I know. The information that she and I have found has been conflicting. I've Read that he can be pulled to the zl, that he cant be pulled to the zl, that he and or his warders are now on tethers, but single pulling him is still possible. That a bard with high sun can get the named single, that high sun won't work now due to tether. Other reports suggest mez tanking the warders while going for the named, and others say that you need to kill the warders first to make the fight easier. Since time is essential in this with the one hour de-pop and the mana drain that the named will cast I'm looking for some feedback from those who may have done it recently. I can muster enough forces to try mez tanking, or the single pull method, or having to kill the warders first.

Any advice on this encounter would be greatly appreciated. If you use the single pull, or mez tank, how long the tether range is...etc

Thank You,
                                                                                             Ravenclaw Toxxulous,                 
                                                                                             Officer of Bhur Gcairde
                                                                                                       Tribunal

Kanan

frankly, the tactic I've seen used the most after all the changes they've put in by approximately time geared crews is this:

Pull the whole mess up the stairs, mez tank the adds, burn the DDA (that AE sucks), then work your way down the line on the adds.

Things to keep in mind: DDA's mana tap AE can suck, hence reason I say burn him first, he also ae ramps, but not that hard.

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

While I would agree with Kanan about "burning tho DDA" strategy, I would also suggest that you can do it a more relaxing way...

You have 1 hour for the whole fight. So first thing first, don't be upset and discouraged if you wipe on the first pull / engagement.

If you are short on tankages, you can clear the zone-in, pull the DDA with less than all warders - I mean, split as much as you can hehe...
Then just find some big guy and don't mind dying to tank the DDA, rest kill the warders as they don't have much HP.
After the added warders died, just zone out and let the big tank dies (or CoH him if he is far away enough). Since DDA won't move and wander back to spawn point, you can have your time to recover in bloodfield and when everyone is ready for DDA just zone back in to fight.

I found this particularly useful to those who don't have multiple tanks and can't split the DDA alone.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Gwynder

ok i'm sorta writing this under duress but if it helps some of you out i'm down for helping

we one grouped the final Beastlord epic mob today with a Pally / Bard / Ranger (me) / Cleric / Beastlord and Necro

you CAN'T use a bard to single pull with Highsun - but you still need the bard - here's what we did

We cleared the room where the DDA spawns in first - Bst went and popped the mob. The bard trained them all out and to the zone in ( yes he can be taken to the zone in ) 

The pally stun agroed DDA and the bard trained away with everything else. Pally zoned out while the rest of us stayed there invis ( we hadn't helped and the DDA doesn't see invis so we were fine )

Bard then faded off all the adds / trash mobs and zoned as well. Both zoned in invis and we killed the DDA right there at the zone in with one group and no adds.

Hope this helps some of you with your final fight and pre-grats on all your epics  8-)

Gwynder Lifesaviour
70 Wood Elf Ranger
Resilience
Erollisi Marr

Dancolen

Bard and a second any class are able to split the DDA(im not the bard, but he told me he uses highsun and some other tricks)
Between Bard and another class, they are able to get DDA solo or with 1-2 warders.  Bard splits til most are gone, then has second class tag.

We have done the fight 4-5(since DDA's HP was doubled, given aoe ramp, max hit was increased 50%, pets were vamped form 650 to 1000 with flurry and rampage...  did it a few times before then, but tried mezztanking with less than 5 tanks) times and never got more than 2 warders, usually he comes solo..... the adds came when the bard died.  1 warder another time just because of luck.

If DDA is in raid and any warders are in raid, kill the warders.

Their combined HP is less than 30% of DDA's hp.
Freeing up 5 clerics/druids/shamans(depending on your gear) is much more beneficial to me.... than trying to offtank them while burning through DDA's enourmous HP pool(for raids with low/moderate dps.... raids over 50ppl are extempt).

By killing the warders first you free up a healer and a tank every...  30sec-45sec at most?
This lets the raid focus on DDA, and if you wipe, you have DDA single.

IF you mezztank all the warders, and you get DDA down to 1% and wipe.....
you still have 5 warders and DDA.
If you kill the warders and get DDA down to 30% and wipe....  you only have DDA to come back to.

For highly geared folk, you probably can tank them with shamans healing, but they still hit for 1000 each, flurry and rampage... and theres 5 of them.  Back when they hit for 650, didnt rampage or flurry, and were fully slowable(not slightly like now) they were alot easier.

They still arent too rough, but will take a few heals.
Thats why i cant see mezz tanking them.... their HP is so low compared to the named, and they dont repop.
If you have 5 solid healers and 5 solid tanks + the main tank and his healers then maybe...  but i still think warders first is better.

Just my opinion though.

Gwynder

you're missing my point and reason for post which clearly said you CAN'T use HIGHSUN to SPLIT THE MOBS

your strat needs 5+ tanks and 5+ healers

we did it with one tank / one healer = one group total

posted this for the people who don't have a guild / can't get that many people to help them

plus we tryed this and it works so................ why not do it the easy way   :-P

Gwynder

Dancolen

No I see you're point perfectly.

If possible, use whatever method to split DDA from pets.  For us, Bard has always, as of 2-3 weeks still is able to split 3-5 of the warders off DDA.

He then brings to Raid and we kill DDA + 0-2 warders.

Your strategy is sound and could work, havent tried it, dont know.
Was merely saying to the many in this topic that simply say offtank all the warders and burn the DDA......  I cant agree with that at all since DDA's HP was beefed and so were the warders.

If you find a way to get DDA solo, get him solo, and kill him.
If you have to fight him and his warders, KILL the warders FIRST.

That was the only point I was making :)
Sorry you misunderstood.

Im agreeing with you, but we are misunderstanding and butting heads?
Im all for getting DDA solo.  For us, the two bards that have pulled it have always been able to split warders off him.... it may take time, but they have been able to.  If your strategy works, thats great :)

But for those who insist on taking the fight with warders, especially all five.... it is silly to try and offtank all five 40-50k hp warders, while burning a 500k+ named.  Kill the warders FIRST if any are IN CAMP :)

I merely forgot a few key words to point my arguement in the right direction.... sorry for that.

The only complaint I will through on yours :P 
Is that every time we have tried any kind of "tag" system, where someone tries to tag DDA while someone else tries to run pets away..
the pets have always ignored the kiter, and went back and munched the DDA tagger.
But thats just my experiences.

If yours works, it works.
My only point is.... if you can, do whatever you can get DDA solo.
IF you CANT get him solo, spend your dps killing his warders.... as their HP is small, they dont repop, and if you engage not long after spawning, you have plenty of time to rez if you die and engage DDA solo.

Its just stupid to me to risk wiping and burn DDA while offtanking.... then youve lost to DDA + 5... and round 2 is still going to be DDA + 5.

:)

Just wanting to see how its more mana efficient or easier to offtank adds and burn DDA than to kill the low hp hard hitting adds, then focus on DDA.  Because I believe its not, and believe you should try every possibility to eliminate the warders from the fight.  By killing them, splitting them, or kiting them.  Whatever works.
:)

Gwynder

sorry if it sounded like i was mad or anything - was capitalizing things for emphasis not anger

yeah i agree you should use any strat that works for you - was just posting how we did it because the BL in our group couldn't believe we one grouped it and wanted me to share our strat ( which i half assed came up with ) so that others could benefit from an easier fight instead of having to have a larger raid force :wink:

not angry at all and sorry if it came across like that - if you're on Emarr to know me is to love me  :-D

Dancolen

NP, and I am of morell thule, now Erollisi Marr