Main Menu

Strat for DDA Fight

Started by VoS Jamond, November 04, 2004, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

We did this last night and while I will update if I hear anything of import from the Bard/Rogue/monk who pulled and split the mobs. Edit: Bard died right next to the bowhound spawn point as he was looping southward. Rogue dropped named aggro by zoning. Named sat and was pulled from just north of the round room right off the zone in. The other pets didn't add.

Got named + 1 for pull at zone line. Bad call was made at last second with the idea that since we were only going to get 2 to have our MT tank them both. All DPS was on pet. Once down we focused on the named. 15 in raid, casual non ele family guild with a 13k tank (used to raid on another server), 1 cleric, 4 druids (boxed mostly not sure how many were actually healing the MT vs party members). I buff at 8.4 with vic with a few DoD arc drops - the rest are mostly in the same boat. I would not have died from the AE as it affects your HP. AAs range from 200-600 I would guess

*********Tip for Casual guilds or low number raids********

I don't think this has been mentioned. We really would have lost the fight if it hadn't been for a 4 man group that zoned in when the mob was ~45% (don't think they healed right away and didn't add DPS until 40% or lower). Their gear was maybe time+ BUT what mattered more was they were FM because they hadn't been in the fight until this point. If we had the named solo my guess is it would have been 50/50 because we would not have been affected by the mana drain for the time it took for us to kill the pet. The point is have a healer or 2 depending on class stay outside the AE/zone until you need to bring them in because your MH/healing group is LOM. In this case it is better to rotate healing groups in vs having a healing rotation who are all being affected by the drain simultaneously. Granted we have a fairly beefy tank but don't think our 1 cleric + 1 patch healer would have had a problem keeping the tank up for the duration of the fight in a straight heal his melee damage senerio. I might be mis-representing the other druids we had and will edit as that info rolls in. Obviously if you have the numbers and/or gear and DPS this isn't as much of an issue. This fight is all about raid vs the mana drain instead of raid vs named at this stage of the game for casuals guilds IMO.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kanan

heh.. that ae mana drain was why I was always in favor of killing the DDA first ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Dancolen

/shrug.. not to play the bad guy... but with shamans and occasionally the druids RGCing the clerics, then themselves, we never had mana issues /shrug.
Did you attempt to cure the aoe, or were your RGCers(if any) too busy healing?

Tigrah

A friend of mine did the final fight for epic 1.5 (I'm still on the roster wi my guild for mine *sigh*) anyway. He used a unique strat, that was very effective. He had a very high hp bard pull the mob, and his adds to bloodfields, where he zoned out. The mob stayed there for a good long time while his flunkies went back to their spawn location. Just a little tidbit for you to chew on, it works really well. I  have witnessed it once, with good results.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Thelynxeffect

We did the final fight last night.

Approx 27 of us we are an EP guild although many of us have gear slightly better than Time given the recent expansions.

The raid cleared the room and waited outside on the steps I did hand in.  No faffing around with splitting mobs, bard selected mobs and had 2 tanks 3 pallies and 1 sk target the boss mob and his warders lead tank charged in and grabbed aggro on boss and hauled him across the room the other tanks grabbed aggro on their warders and kept them on the left side and the rest of the raid burned them down one at a time.  The warders not too hard from what I could see and dropped in a min or less.  We then all turned on the boss mob and spanked him (he rages at 10% if this hasn't been mentioned already in previous posts).  Each group (I think) had an RGC caster and thus the ae wasn't too damaging although at the end of the fight I was OOM (but that maybe due to being out of range from RGC caster).

Anyways we did four epic fights last night and imo the above fight was the second easiest (others being pally in vxed (bugged couldn't cast after dot had gone, had to zone or log to clear bug, close to a wipe due to that bug) ranger in BF and druid in same room as mine(easiest imo)).

Cheers to all the peeps in Celestial Rising that helped on this fight and those who helped on Girplan on Saturday.

Cheers

Thelynxeffect
70th beastie
Memeber of Celestial Rising - Druzzil Ro

Apprentice trader skiller (300 baker 281 brewer 268 fletcher 250 jeweller/potter 225 tailor 223 smith 200 fishercat 200 catnip/drunkard)

Zayns

I am hearing that the warders are now tethered  to the DDA and can't be split. Does anyone know if this is true?
Zayn
70 BST on Prexus

Taiglin

Several posts on this. They are not BUT the whole pet assist range is very large. When we did mine the DDA was in the hall just north of the round room just inside the zoneline. His warders were just outside the tunnel leading to where he spawns. When we attacked him they did not add. Am not saying that is the min distance you need.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Zayns

Thanks for the info. We used the bard/highsun method when I did my last fight and it went well. I have to set this fight up for another bst and wanted to use the same method but was getting told you couldn't do it any more due to the warders being tethered to DDA.
Zayn
70 BST on Prexus

Kitathia

We just did this fight for a guildie the other day. The DDA's warders are tethered to him... but everyone in raid STUCK with the DDA - piled on him, once he was dead it's easy picking killing the warders. We fought him in the hallway rightoutside where he spawned.

CAN'T WAIT till it's my turn for this one - got my cloak last night, thank to my great guild! YAY

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Spiritos

Tried this about a month ago for The beast in my Guild that was ready. Had a bard/necro split the adds as they pulled to the ent of RCoD. Necro tagged DDA off of the bard and the bard kited the adds (he was unsure if the warders would run to raid if he faded) until lag hit him and he died. We poped infusion and only lost a wizard due to over nuking. Had roughly 4 groups with 2 having near the best 1 groupable gear and others were slightly less geared. 

Wynema Wildhearte of Bhur Gcairde (The Tribunal) now happily Wields her epic  :-D

Vidyne

the "splitting the DDA" topic has me revisiting this...
Just wondering why a few of you suggest to kill the 600,000 HP mob first, and not the 50,000 hp mobs...
The warders literally die fast....  even a year ago, they didnt stay up longer than 1 minute... which frees up healers earlier to help on the main/do RGC duty.
Just seems less efficient to kill the 600,000hp mob while the 50,000 hp mobs stay up for 2min+ taking tanks and healers from you....

:)  just wondeirng.

Qwawn

Are there any current updates to this fight?  Some of the things I've gotten so far are:

• Pets are tethered to the DDA
  • Need to have RGC casters out of AE range to keep the healers/casters with mana
  • A bard *may* be able to kite the pets away
  • The DDA has 600k hp, enrages at 10%
  • Pets have 50k hp

Anything else that is important to know?  I am set up to do this fight on Thursday if things go well.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808107">
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/djtx2/Q2.gif" width="501" height="132">

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Qwawn on January 15, 2008, 11:06:34 PM
Are there any current updates to this fight?  Some of the things I've gotten so far are:

• Pets are tethered to the DDA
  • Need to have RGC casters out of AE range to keep the healers/casters with mana
  • A bard *may* be able to kite the pets away
  • The DDA has 600k hp, enrages at 10%
  • Pets have 50k hp

Anything else that is important to know?  I am set up to do this fight on Thursday if things go well.

The last time I participated in this fight I was level 75 and was the main tank for 1 of the pets.  We had a total of 3 groups, mostly 1.5 equipped non raiders (if I remember correctly).  I was also healing myself during fight, so not very tough at this point in the game.  Also, from what I recall, the few times I have done this fight, nobody was able to pull DDA individually, though could just be they didn't use the right pull method
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server