Main Menu

Fan fair list thingy with upcoming changes...

Started by Beerig-FV, November 04, 2004, 10:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerig-FV

-GoD AAs are being refunded next patch, which (according to Brenlo) is slated for December. Rather than refund the full AAs, you will get a refund of the difference between the old and new cost. They will be closer to Omens costs than they are now.

--One of the AAs confirmed to be lowered is Secondary Forte, from 15 to 9 (I think).

The official reason they waited to refund AAs is so that you don't lose potentially hundreds of AA points after a refund when you zone. Its one thing to get refunded 5 , its another thing to get refunded a hundred or more.

-Devs still feel the Greater and Glowing Muramite Runes are dropping at an acceptable pace, and there are no plans to make them droppable.

-Currently there are no plans to merge EQ1 servers.

-Root (including Earth pet root) will not have its proximity aggro removed.

-There are still no plans to create a level 70 LDoN adventure.

-There are no plans to give Clerics and Paladins invisibility. They feel Invis (including Improved Invis) is reasonably attainable for all classes.

-Elemental Agility is working as intended, and in fact is the exact same code as Combat Agility, just for pets. The reason you see such a small difference is because of the way NPC avoidance works compared to player avoidance, or something.

-There are still plans to take another look at existing AAs and revamp them.

-Targeted item summons are still being developed. Its not a high priority but its fairly high on the "To-Do List".

-There is a possibility of making Invisibility spells work outside a group, now that invisibility doesn't kill pets. There are still other issues associated with that, however.

-Weapon Affinity for pets is a possibility, my guess for the very next expansion (whenever that is).

-Suspended Minion and Persistent Minion are not being refunded. You can stop asking for it now, because it ain't happening.

-Jewelcrafting Mastery is not going to be available for all classes at this time. Jewelcrafting remains the domain and a class defining ability of Enchanters, and at this time it is staying that way.

-Once again, Air Pets are not Monks, and they are not becoming Monks. From an NPC point of view, the difference between a Monk and a Warrior: Monks can flying kick and they can't /shield.

-They can now give the Fire pet a specific spell list and a specific mana pool, maybe mana regen too.

-Plane of Time, Kodtaz, Yxxta, and several other zones are being made to follow the 85% rule. (There was much rejoicing at the panel)

-For many zones, the limit is getting lowered to as little as 6 people (to allow a full group of people to flag one additional person)

In addition to that, there will be specific zone backflag quests. Example: You raid Plane of Earth and it drops an item (I call it a Backflag Loot), you give it to the unflagged person. The unflagged person then finishes a one or two-group event, and he is now flagged for Plane of Earth. This will be applied to most raid zones, including Qvic and Plane of Time, as well as the Elemental zones. (You still need to gain initial access to these zones via flags, and the Backflag Loot will only drop off boss mobs).

-Holyforge (for Paladins) is broken, and it is being fixed. Devs know this, so paladins can stop asking  

-Trueshot (for Rangers) is not being changed.

-630% (on Lucy) is definitely not the maximum proc rate.

-Currently the average player population on EQ1 servers is about 2000 people nightly. It's remained steady for some time.

-You will be able to cross-server tell from EQ1 to EQ2. I think the EQ2 servers are not going to have the same names as the EQ1 servers, but don't hold me on that.