Main Menu

Stuck on Xegony, ideas please?

Started by jitathab, November 09, 2004, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

WE have made several attempts on Xegony but the MT group keeps wiping, the adds are easily controlled.

We are using two groups with 6 spotters technique, with running between the sides. The add groups are under control.

We can get Xegony single pulled every time, but the tank group inc 8 clerics just hae problems

FR is very easy for us and we do him with only 1-2 deaths now, after killing him on first trip there. (3rd pull)

So any advice people can offer on keeping the MT groups alive so we can finish her?

Oscurro

Sounds like you're doing what we did.  Main tank and page tank with clerics to keep them alive.  Toss in a couple necros and beastlords for mana and have everyone else kill the adds.
Predator   Oscurro Cazador  
Cestus Dei
Veeshan

Katonca

Its been a while since we have even done Xeg... let alone did her alot.

So this could be old.

We usually used our best tank (of course)..

At first we had 9+ as many as 12 cleric, just cause we had them...

We have done it with 6... but 8 seems like a good number.

Whats your RoT at?  I would suggest a faster RoT.  Yea, Yea, mana becomes the problem.

Necro's Feeding, Rods, Beastlords shine in this too.  MGB para, and then spot Paragons when they become available.

Typical group was 3-4 clerics, 1 beastlord, 1 necro, and a bard some where in the mix.  Beastlords and necros were in RoT channel, as clerics listed mana, so we knew when and were, without a separate tell. On all groups.

As a beastlord, I spent my time Spot healing , OR Chain healing when the warrior lost his disc, until they could reclick.

Our Druids, shaman were the ones out healing the 2 Add teams.

Our Warrior had Great Gear at the time.  (obv better now) and still dipped hard.  And always someplace in the fight, my heart would stop, as the MT dipped down to about nada...

You got your DI/DA all over the MT?
Xeg fully debuffed?
Hows positioning, MT moving ment toast, since the clerics were bairly in range, to avoid the AE. (We found a spot that worked well, pinned MT in a semi corner.

Mana was the issue for us, With such a quick rot (2 seconds if i remember right) with 8+ clerics..  Supporting their needs, ment winning.

That and what you can afford to lose off the Intercept teams.. in the way of healers.. Aka Druids/Shaman to add on top of the Cleric Rot...

One weak cleric kills you, aka skills or lag or what ever.  Make sure you clerics in RoT have the most stable connection.

Basically NO nukes/ Dots on Xeg that could remotly draw aggro, unless it was at the end.  Shaman would run back to keep her slowed, druid would keep her debuffed etc.

We stripped down our intercept teams, and they died a bit.  But Keeping the adds off the clerics, and MT alive is the only thing that mattered.

Having a 2nd botted cleric is nice to run around and rez the intercept teams helped too.

This fight is about thinking outside the box a bit.  What ever you can do to increase your clerics staying power, with such a fast Rotation...35 min to 45 min was kinda average after we got it down.  Maybe as high as 50 min the first few times.  Thats a LONG time for a cleric to cast every few seonds and have any mana left what so ever.

We tried MT swaps... no go.  Xeg would just turn and wipe out the clerics.  Ya it might be able to be done, we tried but losing healers in anything but a perfect swap ment a Fail.

Its a Long F'ing fight for sure.  But its Great when you win...
Katonca
Feral Lord
Brell
KatzCrap

Grymlok

Frankly, for a first run on Xeg, I'd recommend 12+ CH healers in your rotation.  Make those druids do something!  =)

The Berserker: Foecussed

Gremkin

Necros have a nice ATK debuff that used to be a little tricky to stick on Xeg, but over the course of the 45-minute fight it makes a big difference in the amount of damage your MT has to soak up.

I would definitely recommend adding one to your debuff team for this fight.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

jitathab

Thanks for the tips.

We are using necros to feed and DI etc, it sounds like the MT is letting Xegony move which is killing the clerics rather than the oom bit.

MT has said on a couple occasions he was summoned.

Thanks for thoughts, any more let me know :)

Choppin

you got only 1 tank on xegony or is a backup one whacking on her too ? might be helpful for an unplanned tankswitch
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Stingite

Just as an FYI this event has been tweaked as of late:

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Live&message.id=3030&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Some in our guild who have done the event before are saying it's twice as hard now.  We're getting better and better each attempt.  If I learn anything new out of this, I'll try to post it.

Tastian

Positioning on xeg is a big deal.  I don't know how many times I've seen MT go down just because he's pushed xeg out of range, got summoned and winds up outside heal range of the clerics.  Good spotters can help, also you can use a pet, a DP monk, or a "pushback" caster that knows what they are doing to hold xegony right where you want.  I know lots of people fight her in different spots, so do what works for you.

Sks provide great mana regen via the Z's bite line and basically give your clerics another ~FT10 for the fight, so juggling them into cleric groups helps a lot.  Have people spotting MT and make sure debuffs are always refreshed.  The fight goes awhile and sometimes debuffs fade and that causes problems.

The adds are usually the big issue and if your guild is handling that well then you are very close to winning.  8)

Aeshmal

We always used a wizard casting whatever low-agro knockback spell wizards have to keep Xegony properly positioned. The tank never had to worry about it. Paladins with divine stun might be able to do something similar <shrug>

mrowrr

Have SK's borrow eye of zomm item and tap the eyes for mana, we used monks to reposition xeg when she would shift left or right.  That fight is also all about range so make sure all of your clerics have extended range items or they're going to take the AE.

We used to rotate 4 beasts on the encounter who would mgb between waves and rotate single group paragons every 3.5 minutes.  2 beasts on each side of the island to ensure back up on slows and to off tank if needed.

It's been a long time but I know there is a nice spot near a rock where you can lock Xeg right against the zone wall and just chain away on the MA.  Also you might want to have someone casting BoV and spell shield on the tank continually.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Incite

Stack your SKs with clerics.  3 x SKs = FT30 for all clerics in group.

Also, get a female MT or a gay guy.  Xeg is too distracting damnit.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Skratchen

Booby taunt !!   I had to dust this one off    
:lol:

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

jitathab

Ok ganked her, 53 minutes, 6 clerics in chain, 1 tank, 2 add groups. 55 toons including 5 bots.

1 cleric LD'd around 35% which was fun..

Thanks for all the tips.

MT group was set due west, clerics and necroes to north

A North and south screen was set up.

Each wave MT tanked named, rest mezzed, opposite add camp rushed over to help other side. One healer in each add camp (botted clerics)

Add camps set in a line from the large boulders to the edge of zone,  1 spotter each side looking for movement.

Adds charged camped and mobs intercepted by MT and chanters. Pre heal MT on each camp btw as AE silence sucks.

So shes dead :) killed Fenin Ro again a few days ago as well.

OK looking for a bit more help :) please can someone point me to a link for RC and coirnav, looking for a basic map and strat to see how it all works. Attempted Coirnav once before, went fairly well. Thanks :)

Maylian

With Coirnav my guild had problems with constantly trying to train Coirnavs adds away once you've killed her 3 guards. The best way to deal with them is to instead get your tanks to go in, MT first on Coirnav then all the others to go in and AE taunt/defensive. Once thats done send in DPS to kill Coirnav and get the enc's to AE Stun the mobs on the bottom. Once Coirnav is dead all other mobs depop and you can get your lovely shield. Don't try killing the final load of adds since they respawn multiples we found. After a few attempts we had it so we'd have 4 minutes to polish Coirnav off.

Will look for a Rathe strat since I can't get my guilds one, Rathe is pretty simple. Just need to know which ones to pull and where to place the last 6. My guild completed Rathe on our first attempt, something we're very proud of  :-D The main thing that we did is to have a pull group, would consist of a Ranger, Shaman, Enc, Monk, Monk, Bard. The pullers would split the council men and would then root them, then start to debuff them. Once debuffed we'd have one of the tanks come out and pull the mob to the raid in the alcove or the bard would bring it to wherever was needed around the island. This made it a lot easier since if the pull group wiped it wouldn't have any impact other than to make the raid a bit longer. But get ready for a good few hours of standing around hoping clerics, encs and tanks can handle the length of the event.

Both events are awesome fun, Coirnav a bit more frustrating due to inability to retry since its fairly easy to get it targettable now a days. GL and will look for strats for both.