Main Menu

Some bitter thoughts

Started by Choppin, November 11, 2004, 02:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppin

Whats up with SoEs obsession with AE ramp ? I hate it it makes me + warder useless.

On top of that the boss is usually super CR,DR and PR, that leaves a whole lot to do for me.
My throwing dps sucks (sorry but I didnt feel like bidding on a rz pouch back in the day against monks and rogues), and even if I had those super shurikens, I wouldnt expect more than 50 dps.

And since when am I on a raid to throw 600-800ish pt heals, slowing ? good joke... hello 54 people limit makes real sense to drag me along.

Too bad outside of raiding I rather read boards than hang around in EQ.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Giledorm

Perhaps this is merely the thought of a non-uber BST, but why would AE page make you useless?  You have pet heals, and you have pet runes, or you could chain pet.  Does your guild not allow pet classes to use them on ranged fights?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Choppin

Assume the pet dies before it can do 500 damage, no matter if it got a rune or heal (think it can die 4 times in the time that would take it to cast 1 petheal that would heal it maybe 50 pct), chaining pets would be a waste of mana I could use to heal a ranger or nuker so they can live longer thru the various other AEs..
But if my role comes down to my piddly heal (and crying for a cure curse every too often from a shm,clr,pal,dru) I am pretty angry cause thats not my role and the spells reflect that.

Cant use dots, nukes, pet, no cure for curses on the bosses and any class can clear the crap leading to the bosses, I surely am not shining there either too much with my inability to slow nor my mediocre dps.

(Oh yea what I find fucked up too is that AEs are quite near unresistable, I mean just look at lucy awesome svall checks with a neg 250 - 400 mod, haha as if its not bad enough that the mob is level 80 or so who is casting those AEs, WTB a CALLIAV I can cast on myself, thanks !)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Aneya

Which fights with AE Ramp are you complaining about. Normaly I LoL at all the plate classes that get owned by AE Ramp.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Choppin

Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Panthur

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you dont have pet afinity? Cus with these type of AE and AE ramps raid will be MBG HoTs....not to mention group heals....

My warder is usualy the only pet left alive of any pets  :P

Shirrkarn Ayge

The AE ramp in Anguish leaves nothing of my pet but a faded smear on the floor.. still at least I got my throwing skill to 120 on our last Ture fight!
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Tastian

Hehe some people thought I was goofing when I told people to raise their throwing skill before.  8P  Beng finally hit 120 last week or so lol.  It's definitely very frustrating.  8(

Latang

Do you think SoE is trying to make people go to EQ2? Or at least leave Eq1... I'm getting angry as hell about this bunny. My only happiness is going to raids and if my guild knew how crappy I truly was they'd deguild me and laugh at me.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Giledorm

Quote from: LatangDo you think SoE is trying to make people go to EQ2? Or at least leave Eq1... I'm getting angry as hell about this bunny. My only happiness is going to raids and if my guild knew how crappy I truly was they'd deguild me and laugh at me.

Can we laugh at you anyways?   :lol:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

zzmaller

I dont know what guild your in but every time there is a mob with ae ramp its my chance to shine .

We( me and warder) become very important we pin mobs and have the warder chew through mobs . yes i become a healer for my pet but its very cool to her raid leader say oka pets and MT only

so dont look at ae ramp as a bad thing look at it as a mod just made for us.

Choppin

maybe I should /feedback "make pet immune to AE ramp" or "make my petheal instant cast"
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dummkopf

The mobs Choppin is talking about ae page about every 10 seconds for up to 5 hits each for about 1.5k. No, no pet rune or pet heal will help you there. AEs generally have a resist modifier of -300 to -475 so even with 600 resists you will get most of them and not resist many (well, wanton destruction is resistable). Not to mention that trash mobs ae rampage for about 1k and up to 5 hits as well but at least i can land some cold nukes or dots (wow, a dot that runs for 3-4 ticks!) on them, unlike the big raid mobs.

My role there is to stay alive long enough to ae paragon or to keep fero on a ranger. Best for healer/curer is to die asap and just get a rez after the mob is dead.

zumu

from dev notes:

Brutall- 11.03.04

Firstly let me say that OOW rocks, I've enjoyed myself more in the past few months than any other time in eq. Their is a few problems in anguish that I must bring up though.

Firstly, the mob hate list. What in the heck did you guys do? This is what happens, when a mob is aggro'd it will come after the person on the hate list. Then when you get near another player the mob will do a check to see who zoned into the zone last and come after that person. Now that you ninja patched last night mobs summon making it a complete disaster. Another example is if I'm fighting a mob, i have generated 15,000 hate and it's at 40% and Bob zones in and gets within proximity aggro of the mob. The mob will summon Bob. WHY? (FYI if i am on the hate list and i run past another PC it shouldn't add them to the hate list unless they cast a detrimental or beneficial spell, that is where it's screwed up. If a mob is already aggro it shouldn't be adding people to the top of the hate list for proximity aggro.)

Next you ninja nerf aug drops and don't say a word about it ANYWHERE. Why not put it up in some announcement that their is a change or is that for summit forums only? They know about the fact that these augments are becoming NO DROP next patch but you don't tell anyone else about it do you.

Next the Feedback Dispersion AOE has a recast time of 30, why can the NPC chain cast this on my ass over 4 times in a row doing over 16,000 damage INSTANTLY to anyone within range.

You take the zone down to nerf drops and make mobs summon but when it comes to fixing things that are broken nothing happens. Good idea, make mobs summon, now get their hate list right and we will be in business.

Prathun-Dev 11.04.04
EQ Designer
Howling Stones NPCs have always behaved using different aggro rules. They go after whoever is closest, regardless of who is or isn't on their hatelist. I used to pull there, and would try to drop the sepulcher skeletons on my groupmates so they'd eat the Harm Touch. Good times!

i see theyve gone all out to make anguish a fun place, and a fitting reward for your hard work in getting there. anyone else think prathun should be beaten, fired, then beaten again or is that just me?

Shirrkarn Ayge

Thats just you, as I am in same guild as Brutall I just love seeing him squished !
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez