Main Menu

Warder Comparison (size wise)

Started by Awesomus, November 11, 2004, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomus

New to these forums and so far have found them to be very informative. I haven't had time to completely look thru all the sections but didn't notice anything on this and figured i'd put in a topic and see what i get for responses. I, myself, play an iksar beast on the morrell thule server. I made the char when luclin first came out but until a couple of months ago never really had advanced him. My query was that when luclin came out the higher in lvl u reached the larger your warder. I recall shortly after luclin an iksar beast lvl 40 with a good sized intimidating pet. Shortly thereafter i logged on one day to find that scaled wolves had been greatly reduced in size. I myself am 62 and standing next to a vah shir is the most pathetic spectical to bear witness too. Their enormous tiger, the barbs intimidating wolf, and the enormous ogre's grizzly. Whose brilliant idea was it to give iksars the short end of that stick two casts of shrink on a tiger and its the same size as my pet.......the gimpness never ends! Anyone with and info or ideas please could really use the feedback.

Thanks,
Awesomus

Tastian

http://www.beastlords.org/warder/index.php

Pet picts of most of the warders can be seen there.

What happend was they bugged a patch that made vah shir and barb warders huge.  Larger than ogre bears by a lot.  You can probably still find some picts of that on these boards.  The "fix" for that lead to the famous pet shrink issues so many vah shir and others talked about and made iksar pets smaller than they previously were.  My level 64 focus pet was suddenly the size of my old level 39 pet hehe.  The pets do skill scale some in level, but don't get nearly as big as they used to.  

I passed this on awhile ago and supplied some screenshots and everything.  I got told there was a chance we'd seen some increase in the size of iksar warders, but nothing major.

Nimbin

I miss Troll warder threads  :(

I'll see if I can scrounge up pics of my warder and Lockjaw going at it.

Birdienumnum

Interesting link to the warder pics. I see that the vah shir warder remains the same after level 60. Is this still true?

If I had to redo my beastlord, I would go for an Iksar. Why? Warder size, warder size, warder size, and regen.
Birdienumnum