Main Menu

Grieg's End

Started by Gojurgan, November 22, 2004, 06:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gojurgan

I have a 60BL and 54 Druid Duo and I'm interested in Grieg's End but I can't really find anything resembling a guide here. Does anyone have some advice (is this a good / great lvl for this place) on adventuring here? I would be in your debt for a link to maps or a guide like Nurga.

Thanks
Gojurgan lvl 60.3 BL
GoJulie lvl 54 Druid

Veeshan

Taiglin

There is actually quite a bit posted here. Might be in the 55 to 60 area though. Off the top of my head watch out for rugs as they are often mob traps. Respawn is like 20 min. Nothing sees through invis so you can move around as needed. Zone is tagged outside I believe so you can cast sow and harmony which will help you break that first room (or just invis past it). Haven't been there in a while but is a decent place (great xp actually).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Sardarni

Also for your level, stay between DSP and "the gate", past the gate, mobs have more HP and DPS.  I soloed past the gate starting at 62ish, but switched to before the gate for faster kill rate and XP.  Also past the gate, some mobs fear.
Just try to group up the first couple times and don't bother with the first room at zone in.

Birdienumnum

Thanks for the tips.
The first room on zone in has been a stopper for me when trying solo, a bit too easy when in a group. Dropped this zone off my list of potential good zones for solo work.
Birdienumnum

Oneiromancer

The first room should be skipped solo.  Invis past it.  In fact, after the first "open" room all the way to the gate near the center of the zone there are very very few places where you will get more than a single mob.  But in that first "open" room and the very first room from zone-in you will get multiples.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Fin Beast

Post is a little old but wanted to add my 2cp to it for anyone interested in GE.

This is a great great zone to grind in...grouped or solo.

I don't have a peice of gear that cant either be bought in the Bazaar or the turn in items bought in the bazaar. I was soloing in GE at 59 (need Virtue). Did much better in a group...but if I had a Druid sitting on a horse to heal me the duo XP may have been better.

Get a map of the zone....go past the gates. 2 camps there north and south hall on my server. Use the Druid to harmony for the break and pull from the 2 doors.

At 62 with Virtue on me and dog....and a KEI I can solo most anything.

PS nothing sees invis.

Gharrik

Like above, I realize the thread is old but I have to echo the reccomendation.  I just came to Griegs at 62 after checking out PoN, PoJ, Nadox (hotzone), and Akheva (hotzone).  Experience here feels faster per kill than all but PoN, but the mobs go down fast and do very little damage (especially robe guys).  I'm getting ~1% real experience per kill with no downtime at all.  Plus cash drops.  Awesome zone.

BadboFV

At level 64, with mostly generic non-raid equipment (mostly Elaborate Defiant Leather), I was able to solo the Shrouded Willsappers in the first big outdoor room.  They don't run, and as long as you watch out for the traps (the only one not on a rug, is in the middle/left as you enter the open space - it just pops a single mob, and if you stay along the sides until you've cleared the space, you should be OK.

Everything was light blue to me, and I was able to get a single AA every 10 minutes or so, without exp. bonus.  This is an excellent spot to generate some AAs prior to moving on to 65.

Skiendubh

Quote from: BadboFV on August 03, 2010, 08:10:54 PM
Everything was light blue to me, and I was able to get a single AA every 10 minutes or so, without exp. bonus.  This is an excellent spot to generate some AAs prior to moving on to 65.

GE has always been my favourite zone and I have 3 alts (Lvl 59-69) camped there for lesson burns even as I type. Sounds like you are in what my server calls the courtyard. Get your basic AAs then move deeper in, the mobs will get dark blue but not a stupid amount tougher. When you get past the "gate" there are also named that drop decent tribute items. There are named before this but the tribute value is fairly low in comparison. Past the gate Khemot drops book of impracticality that tribs for 15k which is highest item in zone. Can't remember what Grieg himself drops but You aren't going after him any time soon anyway :)

Sikkem

Quote from: Skiendubh on August 03, 2010, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: BadboFV on August 03, 2010, 08:10:54 PM

GE has always been my favourite zone and I have 3 alts (Lvl 59-69) camped there for lesson burns even as I type. Sounds like you are in what my server calls the courtyard. Get your basic AAs then move deeper in, the mobs will get dark blue but not a stupid amount tougher. When you get past the "gate" there are also named that drop decent tribute items. There are named before this but the tribute value is fairly low in comparison. Past the gate Khemot drops book of impracticality that tribs for 15k which is highest item in zone. Can't remember what Grieg himself drops but You aren't going after him any time soon anyway :)

Agree with the above. You can grind out lots of AA's over a fair few levels (up to level 75 I think) just because you can kill them so fast and the cash isn't bad either.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

BadboFV

Thanks, that's some great intel.  I haven't been brave enough to venture past this point, as soloing for AAs in the courtyard (certainly makes sense to call it that) has been so consistent and straight-forward - if a little repetative.  Given the response, however, I think I'm going to venture a little deeper and see how it goes now that I have picked up a fair number of the basics... if nothing else, I could definitely use the change of scenery.  :-)

Khauruk

Quote from: Sikkem on August 03, 2010, 09:55:21 PMAgree with the above. You can grind out lots of AA's over a fair few levels (up to level 75 I think) just because you can kill them so fast and the cash isn't bad either.

When they changed the conning colors a few years ago, I remember like 3/4ths of the mobs past the gate going green at 71 or so (mighta been 70 still even)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Skiendubh

When they changed the conning colors a few years ago, I remember like 3/4ths of the mobs past the gate going green at 71 or so (mighta been 70 still even)
[/quote]

Probably right, my 69 zerker cons all there Light blue. but you cannot complain abou the AA exp at all.

P.S. DO NOT TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THIS.....Worst case is when power levellers pull entire zone, without any notice. Really P.....s me off. Generally have no problem with power levelling but LET THE ZONE KNOW first (if they got there first, otherwise leave a camped place alone)

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on August 04, 2010, 04:30:15 AM
Quote from: Sikkem on August 03, 2010, 09:55:21 PMAgree with the above. You can grind out lots of AA's over a fair few levels (up to level 75 I think) just because you can kill them so fast and the cash isn't bad either.

Probably right Khauruk been ages since I was there for xp, I just remember being there a long time.

That would sound about right though, I remember moving to arcstone not long after. The undead also don't run and are fully slowable but the loot isn't anywhere near as good.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox