Main Menu

Blackfeather roost-62

Started by Old Keg, February 11, 2010, 12:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Keg

Came here last night, hoping to grab the http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=54393 pet focus item. 

62, working my way to the third aisle.  Have All my defensive AA's so far and paragon.  Basically in a mix of intricate and elaborate defiant, with elaborate defiant fistwraps and the back/waist/shoulders from the daily quests.  What can you say, I'm optimistic. 

Anyhow, I'm getting better experience on the first aisle than I do in Grieg's End(the current hotzone), with or without the merc.  I definitely recommend unsuspending the cleric merc for the 'named' mobs.  IE, Hungry Spider vs normal spider.  The named hit a lot harder, but not so much where the cleric merc will run out of mana.

I only killed a couple of mobs on the 2nd aisle, but they weren't any worse than the mobs at grieg's end, and seem to be easier to pull.  Less worry about walking in a room and aggroing 3, or aggroing through a wall.

Plus, the loot is MUCH better than grieg's end, as well.  Most of it stacks as well.  There is a lot more sellable loot,  and less of the no-sell, worthless-in-the-bazaartradeskill stuff compared to grieg's.

All in all, I heartily recommend this place.  I plan on grinding out quite a few AA here, and maybe a level or two in pursuit of this pet focus item.

You could probably do the first aisle at 60, honestly.  I'd avoid the unusually named mobs or make sure your cleric is full mana though.

drunkensamurai

Don't know if this will help anyone but I totally agree with blackfeather roost. XP on the first isle is better than grieg's end hotzone. Probably due to not having to use a cleric merc since everything hits so rarely with a slow, the mobs all have lower health it seems so makes for faster killing. Just watch out for snakes, because the injured snake will assist others and that thing hurts.

Even at 63, when some of the bear cubs turn green, the xp it still awesome. Loot also sells very nicely and is stackable.

Byratan

The satyr near the tame griffon has the missions to go to the next two landings (there is a container for each mission) and Lucian and Adrian (in the cave east of the griffon, with the graveyard) also have additional missions for the other landings.

Soloing can get agro to drop by using those nests to port to the next level (up or down) but if you're using a merc, they can follow it back to you!

All-in-all one can enjoy the roost thru the 60s and early 70's (if you can stand hunting mainly LB mobs after 70)...