Main Menu

Are LDoN's going down the tubes..

Started by Nanndas, November 22, 2004, 09:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdahl

QuoteAlso, be creative in the group makeup.  Now a days, you don't have to have a Cleric, Druid, Shammy, Paladin, Warrior, or Shadow Knight in group.

This is so true, I did a successful mission in the 50s with 2 clerics, 2 enchanters, a monk and ranger.  Suprisingly it didn't take that much longer than a traditional group.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Tastian

By far one of the best things about LDoN for me was the almost complete lack of need for any class.  I've done LDoNs with an all pet group(great if you want to get focus).  I've done LDoNs in an all warrior group(yeah yeah AE'n earthshakers, but still fun 8P).  I've done an all beastlord group, 3 person groups, solo'd, duo'd, etc.

I think too many people read a website or hear something from a friend and don't actually try it out for themselves.  I remember I once asked someone to join my group just so I could get a mission.  They refused to join because "no way we can do it with us 3".  Nothing I like more than someone that is obviously a negative or something because if I can solo something and can't do it in a trio then something is very, very wrong somewhere.  8P

Tardar

Quote from: Tastian on November 03, 2005, 05:21:40 PM
By far one of the best things about LDoN for me was the almost complete lack of need for any class.  I've done LDoNs with an all pet group(great if you want to get focus).  I've done LDoNs in an all warrior group(yeah yeah AE'n earthshakers, but still fun 8P).  I've done an all beastlord group, 3 person groups, solo'd, duo'd, etc.

I think too many people read a website or hear something from a friend and don't actually try it out for themselves.  I remember I once asked someone to join my group just so I could get a mission.  They refused to join because "no way we can do it with us 3".  Nothing I like more than someone that is obviously a negative or something because if I can solo something and can't do it in a trio then something is very, very wrong somewhere.  8P

Which do you think would be easiest to solo?

Kanan

not guk bcs of stupid pull lines some of them require =/

Not nro bcs some rooms are so incredibly packed (6 mobs, all come at once on a pull =/)

There's like one of the EC and BB ldon's that are just flat rough bcs of mob density in the early rooms.  I remember this one map in EC that has almost always, w/o a puller, given a 6 pull on the very first pull.

I'm just partial to EC (Done almost 500 of the ldons & I refuse to go anywhere but EC now if someone's dong em)

They're all pretty workable for the most part solo.. just might be a tidge difficult in some others ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

Back at 65 I had the most luck with EC ones and some Nro ones.  It depends a bit on luck(which board, drops if doing collect, etc), but worked out enough to do it when other options weren't there. 8)  I'd usually offer those that helped me get the group to tag along but many paniced at the thought of a 3person LDoN hehe.  Also works nice dragging different alts/friends/etc boxes through for some free points if you 2-box at all.

From what I've heard almost everything can be pet pulled if adds/dense rooms are an issue.  If you are thinking about solo'n I'd either just go for it or try to trim the group down some.  I did LDoNs, tanked LDoNs, did LDoNs as my own healer, did LDoNs with me + my healer + my 60th level sis, did duo, etc and built up a really good feel for where I stood verse the mobs/missions/etc.  Just remember that dps is almost as important as healing in these cases because you are on the clock.  8)  I had a few times where I was ok on life, but just couldn't get in the last few kills because I took too long pulling or heals went off or I ate a death(or two.....or three lol).  8P