Main Menu

Solo Spots for 67 Beastlord?

Started by Gnarlena, November 23, 2004, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarlena

I am a casual BL in bazaar and Ldon gear who is only able to game for an hour here and there.  The one hour timeframe really doesnt allow me to travel to or join up with a group.  I am looking for places to work at 100% exp so I can get to level 68 and my upgraded pet.  I have been doing a lot of work in Veksar until I hit 67 and many of the mobs started turning light blue.  Now I can't seem to find much in the way of solo locations.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Vidyne

Grieg's End is good til 69, inner Grieg's End good at 70.

ChardokB 70% DB at 68

PoTorment was a fun day off from Grind, but not sure if youd survive solo there.  Soloed my VP inscrible words drop :)

Hmmm..
Siren's Grotto has amazing Tribute loot, but may be a bit rough, and exp is slower than Grieg.

Acrylia Caverns mostly DB I think, some LB popping up now.
Inner AC that is.

Deep is probably all LB

Nadox probably mostly DB, in certain areas.

Innovation and Nightmare are nice, Innovation may be just a bit tough.(Planes that is)

Innovation youll also have everyone and their brother in the 50s SCREAMING at you to group with them for better exp(... its not better, just they wanting you to powerlvl them, obviously)

For pure exp, Griegs is it.

For change of pace, SG and ChardokB were fun to play in....  still gotta get my Chardok B drops for VP, been there 5 hrs so far.. nothing.

Tardar

GE, good xp and good loot.  Reg xp is prolly gonna suck, but your kill rate should be good no matter.  If I had to guess,  I would bet you would get 1% every 7-9 kills on the DSP side.

Nimbin

You could also try

Bloodfields - wide open spaces to pull roamers and static spawns, named mobs can spawn.

Droga - you can pet pull to get named mobs and various safe spots, nothing sees invis.

Plane of Hate - Casters are pretty easy but getting dispelled can hurt if you travel with KEI and Virtue.  You have to pay up for the port stone also, just make sure to leave extras in the bank in case of a CR.

Terrya Anuuazz

I'd definately support the consensus for GE, it's a great place for soloing and at level 68, I'm nearly a one man wrecking crew there, Experience flows nicely and noticably solo and it's not a very long run.

I'll also say that Droga is also an outstanding zone.  Tons of named mobs, really nice plat drops (10 to 16 plat per mob) and some decent sellable/tributable loot.  The gobbies have a very low agro range, so doing a crawl through there is fairly safe, but keep a nuke loaded to stop runners, if one gets away, it can be bad JUJU.

Sol C is pretty decent experience, and the zone is always empty on the Tribunal.

PoI is a good spot for steady kills, and rediculously easy.  If you've got the factory flag, it gets even better.  I like to go into the factory and either pull all of the tin soldiers and keep them down, or go past them to near MB's lair where the mechanical spiders drop out.  If all you are looking for is experience, I'd recommend the mechanical spiders, they come in an endless supply and you never ever ever have to wait more than a moment or two to pull one, they have rediculously low HP's and don't hit very hard.  They are decent experience and you can mow them over easily.  The only downside to them is that there is absolutely no loot whatsoever, none.  But on the upside, if you need to afk, or just want to take a break, the clockworks will not agro you at all unless you are fighting one.  I pull them to one of the side halls where they do not path and that way never get an add, or more than I can handle, yet I always have another I can pull after I finish the one I'm on, sometimes I'll pull one that just dropped from overhead while I'm finishing the one I'm currently fighting so that I have zero downtime at all and steady fighting untill you are ready to stop/take a break/med/whatever you'd like.
Terrya Anuuazz
Level 70 Wildblood
The Tribunal

Gnarlena

Thanks for your help.  I went to Griegs and was very happy with the results.  I did die on my first visit, but I suspect it isn't too often that someone accidentally trains 11 mobs on you.  I have been picking my way around Griegs somewhat clumsily and have found that in a pinch I can take on up to three at once although I don't plan to make that a practice.  

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Dimo

Hey Terrya,
Can you give a better description of how to get to these spiders in POI?  I'd love to try em out!
66 Beastlord on Xegony

Jkal_Shihar

Is there any other place a 67 can go to for solo xp while LFG. I tried GE and just dont see this xp everyone is talking bout. I am trying for straight xp no percent going into AA. Just want to hit 68 and mem new pet.
I can clear all 4 to 5 rooms with ease but my xp barely even moved. Bout the only thing I liked was I made bout a few hundred plat in that time.
Dont go by my mag. I was playing around seeing what paths and stuff I need to follow on. But mostly LDoN junk and bazaar with a few OoW pieces. If that will give an idea on what I might or might not be able to tackle. Plus 161 aa's as well.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Gunzak

At 68 I got about 1% every 8-10 kills in GE and at 69 was even lower but I did 68-70 there.  Another spot to try is Bloodfields Dragorns at the DS zone in.  At 68 I was able to kill 10-11 before repops and they were better exp per kill but the kill rate was much lower then GE.  At 69 all the Dragorns except warriors and named are LB in BF.
You really arent gonna find great kill spots solo from the high 60s and up.  If you want to up the kill rate use tribute haste, regen, mana regen, and mana preservation.  Also get pet the haste mask, hp belt, and 2 procing weapons for your pet.  At 69 I would typically make about 10k in tribute for 3-4 hours in GE as well as 2k or more in gems.  I believe I could kill about 35 an hour there for about 4% reg at 68 so in 4 hours I would make 15-20%.  At 70 I went crazy there and killed 44 in one hour.

Jkal_Shihar

Havent tried Bloodfields solo yet. What bout noble causeway???

I tried GE again last night and the AA was good, but where I'm trying to grind that last 50% of 67. It just didnt seem worth it to me. Sirens was a bit better to me then GE but just dont like the run there all the time. Its one of those zones where I just want to get away (since hardly anyone is there cept for the occasional bst doing 1.5).
My Magelo

Gunzak

Bloodfields is ok at 67.  All dragorns will be dark blue.  You will need to split them when first arriving or you will end up with 3 on first pull.  You wont be able to kill more then about 20 an hour though so even though the dragorns are better exp per kill GE will be better overall.  Nice thing here is the magnatized drops sell for quite a bit in the bazaar and are pretty common.  Believe I got 6-7 in one session and made near 20k.
Nobles Causeway at 67 is not gonna be possible unless you have incredible gear.  Mobs can hit in the 400-500s and do so very often.  You pet will not last long and youll end up running real quick.  That doesnt even include the mobs procs.  Plus the murks are always kited by Necros on my server only leaving a few mobs that can be soloed.

Id say choices are

Bloodfields
Harbinger Spire
Dranik Scar (outside castle)
PoN
PoD
PoJ (lower levels)
PoH
PoI
Deep
Fungus Grove
Stillmoon Temple
Gregs End

Oneiromancer

You don't get exp any faster if you're doing AAs or normal exp, so if somewhere is good AA exp, then it's good normal exp too.  It's just harder to see it in normal exp because you have so much more to get.  For comparison, ach level over 65 requires about the same exp as 10 AAs.

The levels over 65 suck.  There's just no two ways about it.  GE is still going to be one of the best places to get those levels solo.  If you can get an AA in just over an hour, and you think that's pretty good, then it's still going to take over 10 hours to get a full level.  You gotta put it in perspective.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Stanos7th

Surprisingly, one of the best hunting grounds I've encountered for 67-68 is located on good old Antonica - Cazic Thule.  Bored, and in dire need of cash for runes, I decided to farm Boots of Flowing Slime.  I'd heard about mages, and several other classes, being able to solo there and thougt I would give it a try myself. 

I was pleased to discover that all the slimes/squitos were dark blue.  Moreso, I was getting visible exp (regular) per kill.  None of this 7-8 per %. 

Travel to the sewer/plank area is relatively easy, and rarely is there a mob up that sees invis (the regular mobs do not, however you may get a named near the well/pool entrance that will spot you, in which case, just clear that area - three mobs max).  The mobs are fully slowable (no mitigation), and do not hit very hard - the zone revamp was pre-Luclin so it is geared for level 60 folk. 

Pulling is a cinch, and at 67 I never have adds that exceeded one.  Most of the pulling is aggro, however, as the majority of your targets are submerged. 

The boot mob spawns in the second plank room (the first is devoid of any mobs - a great place to set up camp); amy of the three slimes in that room act as a PH.  In addition, you can score a mosquito earring (for resale/use) from the named squito which spawns down there as well. 

As a note, I am level 68 (was 67 at the time)  with bazaar/ldon gear, with all my PoP/OoW spells (up to 68, naturally)

Happy hunting!

-Stanos
7th Hammer

Jkal_Shihar

Well, did Bloodfields and to me it is much better the GE. In fact to me I seemed to be able to kill faster here. Beginning pulls I would just get 2 mobs. Pet on one me on other. And my xp bar was moving a lot better here. I was able to do 8 dragorns before I needed to med and by then the first room would repop.
Only problem though is its also good aaxp, so sometimes there might be a group or dou already here. Anyways, think I'll just stick around here for awhile.
My Magelo

Hrann

As Oneiromancer mentioned, xp is xp.  There's no difference between "AA xp" and "regular xp", other than the fact that it takes more xp to get a level than an AA.