Main Menu

Compiled list of 49-59 solo hunting grounds.

Started by Lewzephyr, January 07, 2004, 06:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inflictor

I started soloing ships @ 49 when I got my new pet. Upper deck it's pretty easy to control mobs, no adds when done right, and always nice when you don't have to roll or take turns on gem drops =). Just start with the ship to the right of the tunnel, and progress to others as you feel comfortable.

Gear wise, not uber by ANY means, but I have a few nice pieces, either gifts or from farmin HG's. Make sure to have your 2 DD's up. When they get on the dock, it can get hairy if the mob's there have re-spawned
Inflictor
BeastLord of the 57th Scale

Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.

Whiptail_Warclaw

Well I finally dinged 57 and I'm still in Dulak and still on boat three: Dandolak.  All the mobs on board are still conning DB, so I'll stay till they con LB. Maybe this will happen at 58. <shrug>
With KEI and Virtue I normally keep the main deck cleared and do the two mobs on the stairs, before they start to re-pop. Exp is about 1% per 5-6 kills, but the cash is good enough, they are all single pulls and Dulak is a quiet zone. Throw in a few gem drops and it's a great place for good steady exp and loot.
I came to Dulak at 53, but wish I had started here at 49. My rule of thumb with the ships is to move on to the next one, once the mobs start conning LB.

At 49 the OOT Seafuries are good exp and if you can get the Gornit camp as well, you'll be making so fine cash.

Did the Hole ent at 53. Nice exp, but they went LB at 54.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Nanndas

Just an update. I dinged 55 off the Dryads in JPF. Took 60 of them and a few LB griffons to get the last 20%. I memmed my new spells and tried a few more but they have all turned LB..

Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Coldbeast

i am a 52 thank god.. i have actualy been jumping back and forth from  dulak and the castle in gunthack.. the out side of the castle is great .. ya get some cash and other cool stuff.. that may sell for around 5 to 50 pp... and it seems to me that if you hang in one zone .. the xp starts to slow down.. it may be just me but who knows....and if you ever realy need some cash.. i just run over and do hg's for an hour and get my k in pp ...im just looking for that one place i can go to get that great cash and some xp... looking at a weapon for 100k .. and think it may take forever as long as im in my 50's ..lol... any help would be great .. happy hunting all and safe travels..

dainfrol

in Everfrost are there only the 3 Ice Giants near the zl to Permafrost?  If there are any more please let me know.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Krinviscious

Quote from: dainfrol on November 26, 2005, 08:51:18 PM
in Everfrost are there only the 3 Ice Giants near the zl to Permafrost?  If there are any more please let me know.

Nope...those 3 are it....  :-o
Krinviscious Clawmaster
56 Seasons of Vah Shir maiming and killing with his warder SloePoke
Tallarain Lonewolf 65th Season Storm Warden
Stavinson Phoenixsoul 54th Curate of Erollisi Marr
All on Fennin Ro

Dragonien

you also didnt put the plane of disease on there. i leveled their from about 50-52 the flys near the ent are amazing exp, well worth the difficulty to kill.  they hit hard and take a long time to kill (any adds and you screwed) but i got at least 5-10% exp from each kill and im an iksar.

dainfrol

Quotebut i got at least 5-10% exp from each kill and im an iksar.

I know that it's been said before, but exp per kill doesn't matter.  What you want to look for is exp/hour.  If you are getting 5% per kill but it takes 15min to kill it and another 30 to med up after the fight.  That would make about <7%/hour.  now if you are getting 2% per kill and flying through them, you can easily get 10-20%/hour.

that's just my 2 copper.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Tiger1379

I wanted to add a note to the bears in Permafrost. Just a word of caution to anyone else that might try there. Stay AWAY from the Chill Terror. He conned dark blue to me at 55, but knocked out my pet and me before I could blink (hit for around 520). He's for some dragon scale turn in quest.

CheezeIt

I notice the list mentions that you need a porter or gate potion for the hole.  Am I the only one who knows how to navigate the castle to get back out?  Heck Invis through it if you don't want to fight, earth elementals don't see invis.

FesterFleabaggs

Quote from: CheezeIt on January 27, 2006, 02:01:30 AM
I notice the list mentions that you need a porter or gate potion for the hole.  Am I the only one who knows how to navigate the castle to get back out?  Heck Invis through it if you don't want to fight, earth elementals don't see invis.

The tower door used to be locked. It has since been changed. At 54 I was soloing from entrence to bottom floor of castle and back. At 55 I do the same but for AAs only.
Fester Fleabaggs - 65 Feral Lord
Corrine WinterSolstice - 63 Naturewalker (2 box)
Drozt De'soot - 55 Wizard
Gairith Mourneblade - 56 Paladin (Retired)
Stiy - 51 Monk (Corpsedragger)
Azrothe - 34 Necro
Haileey Commet - 53 Cleric (2 box)

Jorna

I see that this hasn't been updated in awhile, and in checking out some of the places, it seems that it's changed a bit (i.e. gnolls in jaggedpine conned mostly green and light blue to me at lvl 55.)  Any good solo areas for a lvl 57?

Khauruk

Con colors have changed since then...green and lb now was lb and db then.  Gear (and to a lesser degree, weapon ratio) mudflation, and /ooc regen have made hunting higher con mobs more profitable now vs. when these were written.

As far as good for 57?  Velk's is a hotzone now, good place to find a group and zing through some AAs/lvls.  There's stuff in TSS to try also, though I'm not sure the best areas (never levelled up in there past 35ish).  Parts of mesa maybe?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Aimobog

Skyfire works well at 53.  Everything is LB or B.   Some of the Ancient Wvyrens are tough though.  Nice spell drops and coin.

Hunni

This seems to be a great thread. Thank you for giving me some ideas of solo spots!