Main Menu

EQ / WoW discussion (Formerly known as the now infamous EQ is dead)

Started by Dorrogtr T`A, December 04, 2004, 06:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostryder

I'm up to 23 in WoW with a Hunter and after seeing how things play out loading up EQ only makes it's bad points stand out even more.

It's like when you break up with a girlfriend. Two weeks later your dating a new one, who treats you right. When you try to go back to the old girlfriend her faults are even more glaringly obvious than the first time around and the relationship fails.

I seriously doubt many will return from WoW.

Voidstalker

I'm personally just tired of playing EQ (video games in general) 40+ hours a week.

cougerofeq

Well its 10pm est on Friday our time night and we have 30 people online with a bunch of new recruits.  Even if we did get enough for time - 6-7 am is just too late to finish.  Maybe next week?

Oiingo

I'm still tagged with the (former) number one guild on Ayonae Ro and I was online last night from around 7 PM to 11 PM, and I was the only person on in guild chat.  Talk about a boring night.   We used to raid Anguish and now everyone is gone. :(

Dunno if I'm alone in this thought, but I wonder how many current original EverQuest players are waiting to see how EQ2 and WoW fare past a few months.

It'll certainly be interesting to see.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Scalewulf

Ghostryder,

You put it perfectly. 

I've a 33 Troll hunter atm and everything about the toon and the game in general was done right (IMHO). 

You are just so VERY hard pressed to find flaws with this game. 

I'm not too worried about content, this game has an enormous amount of content.  End game?  There will always be a VERY fun form of pvp even you manage to do all of the content. 

Blizzard has done it again.  They rarely if ever do anything ground breaking, but no other company spit-shines a product like they do.  They have the secret formula, get rid of everything that isn't fun or just plain sucks and add $hitloads more of the fun stuff. 

I agree with a review that was written when the reviewer spoke of Blizzard now becoming the name brand other companys fear (ala Microsoft, Coke, Dell, etc, etc). 

I left 5 years of EQ behind, tried COH, tried EQ2 and stuck with WoW.  Let me say that I think the latter 3 are all step-ups from EQ. 

Well, thats my 5cents anyway...
...happy holidays everyone,

Scale

Clawviper04

Well its been very hard to let go of my bst,but after playing CoH and WoW i can now see how bad Sony run things and i dont see any improvement coming from them at all , its all about that dollar bill to them , they have no pride in they're work anymore. So much could have  been done with EQ , but they have no desire to do what is best for the game . Why would they put a quest system in EQ2 but not in EQ1 ? Anyways  WoW is doing me good  i would of stuck with CoH if it had pvp which when it do get pvp its going to be awesome .  :-D

Elder Clawviper

Starpaw Southerncross

A server merge between some servers would be a good thing!, I must say my guild http://www.coldfuryguild.com/ a aussie guild, decided to have a break over  christmas and are going to come back strong, thanks to server transfers from other aussie/asian guilds unfortunatly disbanding, but fortunate for us. =)
Starpaw Southerncross
Vah shir
70 Beastlord (950AA)
Cold Fury of Quellious

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1057990

Sardarni

Well since the guild is almost gone and everybody else leaving, I don't mind soloing (esp GE). But since I can't find pet toys or KEI... I can't even do that.  My subription runs out in May and after that, I'll get a life.

Jatrulak

Quote from: Dummkopf on December 05, 2004, 03:06:33 PM
I log in about once or twice a week now since we do not raid, raidleaders basicly left eq etc.
AO is dying? :?

Ratath

Quote from: Jatrulak on January 04, 2005, 04:08:31 PM
Quote from: Dummkopf on December 05, 2004, 03:06:33 PM
I log in about once or twice a week now since we do not raid, raidleaders basicly left eq etc.
AO is dying? :?

AO doesnt raid more like it

Choppin

I am playing AO atm, pretty nice considering its free for 1 year (the base game without expansions), if you ever wanted to try it think the free 1 year off is open til 15th.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

SillyWalrus08

im on sullon..which was always dead..but ya EQ being so low pop making me sad. we lucky to even get 20 people in pok or the baz @ one time. raids are about 20 or so people. this is sad, but i hear from my friends EQ2 sucks and WoW not that great psh ima stick with my EQ  :-)
bumbumbum -pina

Jkal_Shihar

Quit EQ back in Sept. Just got tired of it. Had two accounts, mine and wifes and it just got to be a bore when I logged on.
I've had the itch to load everything back but mostly just to say hi to friends that might still be playing. I actually went too EQ2 and love it. Also not pushing myself to boredom by playing upteen hours a day. I'm lucky if I play an hour on weekdays and half the day sat and sunday.
Is EQ dead. Not by a long shot but from reading my old server boards. They need to do something. My old guild just folded and it sounds like a few more as well.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Dummkopf

Hehe Chopping, Jat meant Arch Overseers with AO. AO is still raiding small scale stuff back in Qvic or something, but cant really do anything without guests or friends so my guess is its dead at the moment (have to say i didnt log in for about 3 weeks and dont really miss it, but damn, lets get those euro beta servers online, im suffering WoW withdrawal).

cougerofeq

A few years ago I worked for a company that wanted to thin out its home office a bit. There were 1000+ people working for them.

They decided to relocate the office from Ft Lauderdale. FL  to Dallas TX. 

They wanted up to half the employees to quit so they made the relo pakages pretty lame figuring that they could always make them better if they needed more to make the move.

Well, months passed and as the relo date closed in... they totalled the commitments for relocation and what do you know - only 10% of the employees decided to relocate.  They added more to the packages but since people had talked to their families and made their decision, about 70% of all the employees left.

I am reminded about this as it seems Sony wanted many to go to EQ2 but underestimated how many would migrate to it and WOW.  I am sure once they sweeten the package for those not relocating it will get better, but it seems like the damage is done. I know I never intended to even try eq2 or WOW - but I spend all my game time in WOW now.

I havent pulled the plug on my eq1 subscription but I guess I should.