Main Menu

Autokick

Started by Gnarlena, December 07, 2004, 01:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarlena

With rangers due to receive autofire in the next patch, it is apparent that the coding issues have been resolved to relieve them of clicking for each arrow shot.  Wouldn't the same coding only require a slight modification to apply to an autokick or autobash that would be active during the full melee?

While I don't think this is a "top ten" issue, it certainly would be nice to give it a mention as it would make life easier for all the melee classes.
What do you think?
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Shrouded

Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Hanelce

So, next you want them to come to your house and play the game for you?

75 Arch Animist

Kuroii

dont forget the /twink command to flag you for time and give you full ornate so that you dont have to worry about leveling or raiding

Merescata

Makes bards drool on the new /autotwist command!  LOL   :P
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Tiroon

Quote from: MerescataMakes bards drool on the new /autotwist command!  LOL   :P

Naah, that will be in a future expansion. Let them get over /melody first.  :lol:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gnarlena

"So, next you want them to come to your house and play the game for you?"

Geez, this is a tough room.  Sorry for the suggestion, I didn't realize that hitting the kick button was the heart and soul of playing a beastlord.  I don't know what I was thinking...
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Jzath

Heh, real tough room.

I am glad I don't have to hit a button to swing my mainhand and then another button to swing my offhand.  I would not mind not having to mash the stupid kick button.  Yet, I find after so many hours, days, weeks of game time mashing that button, it is very automatic for me.  I think I hit the button about 3x more than necessary.   *shrug*

However, considering the issues facing EQ, it does not show up on my radar screen at all.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

danaconda

I don't think it's a bad idea. If it only takes them a few minutes to implement why not have that option? If it's tough to code, then drop it. No biggie. Seriously, I don't understand the hostility, although it is posted in the Rants forum, so maybe that's why  :roll: .

I 3-box so hitting the kick button over and over isn't fun. I just keep tapping away at my "1" key. I don't have time to watch the screen for when it pops. Taking away an extra possibility for carpal-tunnel is a good thing IMO.  :wink:
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Gnarlena

This idea was shifted from another topic area to rants either because:  it was not a good one in the opinion of the moderator or the responses to it were neither polite nor constructive.

As you can see from my few posts, I tend to read more than post, but when I do, I dont appreciate the sarcasm and venom of a few people to what I submitted as a helpful suggestion.  I find the experience an unpleasant one and will fade/lurk back into the shadows.
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Jkal_Shihar

Actually I think it was moved just in case it started to be a major flame fest. It's a novel idea, brought up a few times a year but not something the majority would consider for.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Jzath

Don't blame you a bit, Gnarlena.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Tastian

"This idea was shifted from another topic area to rants either because: it was not a good one in the opinion of the moderator or the responses to it were neither polite nor constructive. "

I sent you a PM before I moved it.  The topic was originally in the corr section and for whatever reason some people chimed in with very out of line comments imo.  I had read it before any responses were made and then the first few comments were less than constructive so I just put it here.  *shrugs*

Tiroon

Sorry Gnarlena for any sarcasm from my part. I should know by now that posting from the office on some days just is a stupd idea to begin with. My apologies.

For a more reasonable answer and after some thought: I can see no logical reason for having to kick separately when all other melee action is covered by autoattack. I don't mind kicking separately though and as a change I'd rather have feral swipe tied into the kick automatically.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gnarlena

The only issues I can see would be for those people who have the option to bash or kick and they would want to have the flexibility to do either.  Also, some people want to time their bash/kick as they see that caster begin to cast a spell.

I don't have feral swipe yet, so I am not sure if or how it integrates with regular kicks.  I suspect it is a separate hotbutton.

I did get Tastian's comments before the shift to this forum so I understand the movement was because of some of the comments.  He heard my suggestion so that was really all I was looking for.  As for other folks, well they are all entitled to their opinions...I will try not to take them personally.

Cheers
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro