Main Menu

Autokick

Started by Gnarlena, December 07, 2004, 01:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Hehe if you figure out how to not people so personally please let me know because it'd make my life a lot easier.  8P

Feral swipe is indeed a seperate button, but you can make a single hotkey that tries to fire feral swipe/kick.

Latang

wtb: macro program so i dont have to hit kick again. that'd be awsome!

No, not sarcastic, tho i think you can still get banned for using a macro program so maybe it's not such a good idea...

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

ChisuBB

Latang this thread may be of some interest...

http://forums.interealms.com/ranger/showthread.php?t=36080

for what its worth i heard sony used the existence of 3rd party autoattack software as an excuse for not implementing archery autofire sooner.

Jzath

Getting off topic I know, but my understanding of using macro program was only "wrong" if you were not personally sitting at the computer playing the game.

Obviously using a macro program to exploit a bug in the code is another matter, but as long as you are there playing the game yourself it is not a problem.

I know of some that use a programmable game controller instead of the keyboard to play.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Tastian

The last offical type response I heard was that it was really only seen as wrong if you weren't present at the computer and using it as a means of doing gsomething while afk.  For instance, the auto-fire archery as long as you were there to toggle was viewed as acceptable, but the auto-forage while afk wasn't.  I know there was atleast one thread on the sony boards where people talked about various programs and bobbing pigeons (or whatever they are) etc that one way or another reproduce keystorkes.  *shrugs*

Choppin

I wouldnt mind kick being part of the auto-attack program, would free up a hotkey slot for something more useful eventually
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Firriann

It would be nice but from what some warrior friends told me, kick / slam / bash can all interrupt casters if they use it. so with that in mind, they kinda have to use kick (if they are not big / with shield) with some specific timing on caster mobs. for people that dont stun with kick tho, yeah, auto-kick would have a nice element.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Starpaw Southerncross

Why are some of you flaming him! I think its a awsome idea!
Look how many AA hotkeys we got, and disc hotkeys (Even though they are not with the general hotkey but with rest of discs) and aswell as the every day group hotkeys or raid hotkeys,
i myself full up all my hotkey slots easy! and to avoid switching to another set of hotkeys all the time, would love to see auto kick so i can actually use all mt dps elements to get max dps, it wouldnt worry me usually but now that there are items coming up i might bid for with improved kick on them.......
Starpaw Southerncross
Vah shir
70 Beastlord (950AA)
Cold Fury of Quellious

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1057990