Main Menu

lvl24 van shir bst need a good place to hunt

Started by zudolord, December 12, 2004, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zudolord

all right I am not that twink on gear but I can survive with temp
well i just ding 25 from unrest  the problem is xp is kind of slow when group and lots of trains i have been to maru seru befor ding 2 lvls there i was in a party and hunted stone grabbers and grey hoppers  well should i solo maru seru grey hoppers tll 28 and stone grabbers to 30
I want fast lvling i have heared of warliks woods from those giants um mm i heared that is group too but most have to group which is less xp for me i am trying to catcch up with my high lvl loot is ok but not very important i have check the lvling forums but am lost

thx in advance for anyone that can tell me a good place to solo/group(if group i want fast xp)

telloran

Try Netherbian Lair. I get good exp there with my beastlord at 27, and I've been grouping/soloing there since I was level 24.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=260123">Telloran Treehugger
68 Forest Stalker
Seventh Hammer

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1146028">Lanick
Level 28 Beastlord type thing

Nekokirei

Quote from: zudolord

thx in advance for anyone that can tell me a good place to solo/group(if group i want fast xp)

Hrm.  Lots of good advice on the threads in this section.  My preference was to camp the Needlite room and the 4 spawn Bogling room--the ones that you pass through after entering Echo Caverns, not the ones with the Great Saporite or the chamber that's upslope.

I could clear just clear the Needlite room before needing to med at 27 and the Boglings weren't too bad.  I bounced back and forth between the 2 rooms after clearing. I stayed on that side of Echo until very early 30s--like 31 or 32.  Nice xp and the benefit of raising a lot fo skills--Def, Off, 1hb, 2hb, h2h, etc.

The only thing to look out for in the Needlite romo is the Needlite Queen. I wasn't able to take her out until like 29 or so--before that, I'd pull her with a spell and then train her to the 3 guards in the chamber just outside the doors to EC proper.  Cheap, but better than LOADING PLEASE WAIT...

Look out for the plant thingies as well--you can't target them, they see through invis, and they proc a mean lifetap.  The wierd thing is, once one has tapped you, it keeps trying to tap you even if you're halfway through the zone.  I think the rest would "pick up" that you'd been tapped once and would "look" for you, but that might be my faulty memory.  Best thing to do if one taps you is to just zone out, wait a few minutes and then zone back in.

=)

All in all a great, underused zone.  You can get adventerous and try th emutant room, but I kept getting adds that would pound me.  Decided to leave that area alone.  After 30 i started soloing the Boglings up the incline--by 31 or 32 I could move through them with ease.  Good xp really, I think from there I went to DSP and camped the 3 spawn shrooms and zelniaks u ntil 36ish.  Then it was on to the Bear Cave in Nedaras Landing to 39. and then I did Basilisk caves for a couple of levels and then moved to Undead Beach in Gunthak camped the corner down by where Mokun Bokenskul pops.

Hope that helps some. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

zudolord

k thx i will try echo caverns should which entrance will i take

Nekokirei

The entrance closest to the Soulbinder--sorry, can't think of a better way to describe it. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

zudolord

np well i went there but it was packed  so i went to unrest and duo with this necro is there somewhere better than this cause xp is ok  but is maru seru better?

Tiroon

Marus Seru was my hunting ground in the mid-twenties and it is still one of my favorite zones.

I was lured there by the tailoring drops rather than the money but still made good money (for the level) by making and selling leather padding.

At your level the place becomes a very good solo spot if you make the zone work for you. Since there does not seem to be a lot of information on MS in this section I will go into a bit more detail than you probably need.

If you've been here only in groups, chances are you just set up camp near the Netherbian zoneline and someone pulled from the desert. You got aggro from wandering stonegrabbers and greyhoppers and experienced the huge aggro range of zelniaks and lightcrawler adds. Does not sound like a good solo spot but it is.

The zone:
A desert where it never rains located on the light side of Luclin. If you like thunder, rain and darkness this zone is not for you.

The cast:
  • The helpers: Recusos, bandits who have several camps in the zone and who will help you if you let them. Unless you hunted them they are not kos.
  • The pests: Zelniaks and lightcrawlers aggro on sight, have a big aggro range, are fast, and to make matters worse the crawlers are hard to see.
  • The prey: Grabbers and hoppers. No pushovers but they leave you alone as long as you're not in a fight with one of them.
  • The worthless: Rhinobeetles will not aggro unless you fight them. Fighting them means a lot of downtime so leave them alone.

The hunt
  • Pest control: Move around the zone and fight crawlers and zels. If you get more than you can handle train them to your friendly nearby recuso camp
  • Tradeskill supply mission: Set up in the middle of a recuso camp and pull hoppers and grabbers. The recusos wont KS you but deal with any zel or crawler that wants to play as well.

Switch from one type of hunt to the other from time to time and the hunt will remain interesting, you'll never run out of mobs and the recusos provide  plenty of places to med or go afk right around the zone.

Edit: had the DSP and MS crawler's abilities mixed up

Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

zudolord

k yeah i have only group in maru seru i might leave the unrest and solo here or is umrest better and i am 26 right now do you want me to hunt grey hoppers cause the light crawlers run faster than sow or something and you play on stormm too so maybe you can help me with stuff for a bst cause this is my first toon and have very little knowlage of eq.

zudolord

and how bout frontier mountains should i go there at 26 will i get good xp and group or solo

thx in advance

DontPetBear

I went to Frontier Mtns. around level 27 and grouped there.  I don't believe you could solo the giant fort.  The exp. isn't the greatest, but the loot outweighs it.  To everyone there a Forest Loop is probably an upgrade, and the weapon/armour drops from giants sell for big plat. at vendors.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

zudolord

k i am lvl ing in mm just want ed to change a bit cause i hated spending 4 hours in unrest am 27 1 bubble to 28 (i could have been 28 but died because everyone ported except this monk and me and both died) well when i ding 28 where should i go tp 30  unrest near basetment? ( i am guessing you need a group) or is there some where better xp more important loot can get later from hill giants(when should i hunt those)  and is ot good from 30 onwards

i know this alot of questions but i am still new to eq so bear with me
thx in advance

Nekokirei

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

zudolord

/wave to Nekokirei and tiroon i hope i can place with you guys on stormm and learn the ropes

Hereki

I haven't posted in this thread so far, because, basically, I can't understand any of Zudo's posts without spending a lot longer deciphering them than I want to spend.

24-30 always seems like a tough time, because you have just finished the rapid levelling path in Paludal, and have to search for your own preference from several candidate zones, all of which are mostly empty of people, and then level 25 takes about 5 times as long as 24 did.  That's just how it is, I am afraid.

You can stay for the full time from 24 to 30 in one zone, and in fact it will seem a lot faster if you do that.  Switching from zone to zone every play session will make levelling a lot slower - but it may also be more fun, and you get to explore, something that just doesn't happen while Paludal is the place to be.

Personally, I always found Echo Caverns needlites a good, if somewhat boring, path from 24 to 30.  In the past, I have also grouped in High Keep, soloed in Warslik Woods, Unrest and Marus Seru, and even soloed and grouped in South Karana.  Just pick one.

The best options for money at these levels are still the same as for a level 10.  Butcherblock green goblins, skunks and krags; plague rat tails and snake parts from Qeynos; kobold drops from Steamfont; or spiderling/spider silks, pelts and leather padding sold in the Bazaar.  This doesn't really change until you are level 39+.

Tiroon

/happy wave to Nekokirei and Zudolord

Zudo I'm always happy to help by passing on what I've learned from other players. I have started EQ only 9 months ago and have leveled mainly thanks to other people who have shared their know-how (deleveling i managed just fine on my own wits).

There are some very good suggestions in this thread and Hereki's point about switching zones every play session is one to keep in mind at all levels if leveling speed is important. Try out different zones and stay in the one you like. Find out about the drops you get (some very unlikely things are of value to other players).

To answer you question about the lightcrawlers: Yep they are fast allright but your warder will protect you while you learn the lay of the land and the next bandit camp or zoneline is never far away. Oh and don't believe the rubbish on Alla's about the pests aggroing from the horizon line. The truth is that once a mob shows up on the horizon you can take at least 4 or 5 more steps in that direction before getting aggro. :-D
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.