Main Menu

He was Uber Twinked!!!

Started by Whiptail_Warclaw, January 07, 2004, 11:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiptail_Warclaw

Just a little thing that happened today in EQ.

I zone into Paludal on the way back from Grimling and the usually /ooc "So-and-so lfg" is going on...
One player is /oocing "Necro lfg I'm heavily twinked."
Personaly nothing annoys me more than people who have to make a point that they are "twinked" when they are lfg, especially at lower level. I mean realy, these days, who isn't a twinked Alt?
Anyway a few comments are made, nothing to harsh and the Necro gets an invite to bandit camp 1. I say over /ooc "Nothing wrong with twinking. At least at lower levels your corpse looks cool." I go back to my journey and think nothing more of it.
A few minutes later I zone into Shadow haven and who should be standing naked at the zone line to PC, but the same Uber Twinked Necro. I didn't say anything, i just waved to him and ran off laughing to myself.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Tailzin

IMO you learn to play the class a lot quicker if you don't have that twink "cushion" to help you out.

A lot hate it but I think it's nice to see the better droppable items having a recommended level on it :P

People will be people though :?
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

BitterOldMan

Personally, I'd like to see more items flagged with a required level rather than a recomended. I cut my teeth playing a game where the best items were not available to use unless you had built a char up to a rather high level.

As far as advertising that you are heavily twinked when soliciting for a group I write that off as someone boasting and nothing more. I wouldn't take someone in my group who does that for I believe it shows a certain lack of maturity.

Emmdee

What the hell is a "heavily-twinked" necro doing advertising for a group anyway?

Cerberus

Twinked, why what is the fun if you have gear setup for a lvl 50 on a lvl 10 toon, you can never learn how to play you class, they end up getting group members kill, <yantis strikes again> sorry...
O' Great Keeper of the Mystical Rubber mouse.

Katnipfend - 45 - Beastlord

sarjent

I'm mean seriously, look at Ghoat =/

Zorthar

I tend to twink my characters out and try to level fast too, but that never seems to work out as I plan =p.  But also between session I tend to research the class on message boards and how I can play better.

Soullbash

I have a level 55 Barb BST and started and Iksar BST.  My Iksar wears the gear of my Barb, I will not learn the class better from not twinking my Iksar.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Goretzu

QuoteWhat the hell is a "heavily-twinked" necro doing advertising for a group anyway?

Very good point. :)

Leberger

Quote from: GoretzuVery good point. :)

bah. ya beat me to it.  :evil:  :twisted:  :D
Move over skinny dog cause the fat dog's movin in.
Lebergerjr - 59 - Beastlord - KB

Ghoat

Quote from: sarjentI'm mean seriously, look at Ghoat =/

Pfft, you were the geek that had SSRA weapons before you knew that beastlords could kick.

/grumble

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Junaru

QuoteWhat the hell is a "heavily-twinked" necro doing advertising for a group anyway?

Hehe I was thinking the very same thing.. A twinked Necro could level PC and not think twice about it..
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Kylaz

And next thing he did was :
/OOC looking for my corpse... anyone seen my corpse ? :wink:
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Chebsis

He may have stated his being twinked because that tells the other players that he has something to bring to the group.  A twinked out warrior has more AC and HP's than a warrior is lvl appropriate gear and a twinked out necro would have a larger mana pool and more HP's than a non-twinked one.  

I guessing that he wasn't boasting when he /ooc'd but rather was saying that he has something more to offer the group than the other people that were /lfg at the time.