Main Menu

WoS cave

Started by Rarrum, January 10, 2005, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarrum

Finally found a spot that yields decent exp solo at 70, for when I can't find a group.  It's a little rough at times, but worth it at slightly less than 2 blues per kill.  In Wall of Slaughter, the northwest cave system, near the entrance (+690, +1600).  The first couple mobs, and the two mobs outside all come single.

Respawn time is relatively fast; the first mob respawns about the time I kill the third one.  I usually pull to the loc mentioned above (about halfway between the outside spawn and the first inside spawn).  I'd really recommend getting clarity if your going to try this camp.

Max hit is around 700, but average is probably around 400; partially slowable.  I also use incapacitate and all resist debuffs (including ferocity) to help reduce the damage, as a lot of them tend to proc Chaos Claws.

Takes a little less than 3 minutes per kill doing one after another with no break.  I usually kill till I'm down to about 20m then stop to be on the safe side, and med to full.  Is about 5 mobs per cycle for me, and about 7 minutes med time (to regain 80%, only external buff was c4).  Thats around 0.45 blues per minute, or around 50 minutes per aa.

The spot it out of the way, so you don't have to worry about trains.  The main thing to watch out for is when they run.  Hobble doesn't seem very effective here; oftentimes one will run and agro another as I'm finishing off the previous one.  It's a good idea to try and keep your health high even near the end of a fight for this reason.  If this happens, your best bet is hit protective spirit if it's up, slow the new one, then try to finish off the first one quickly with nukes/roar.

-----

Something not related to this spot, but useful when fighting in a place like this:

Chances are you'll be taking a lot of damage somtimes during the fight, and will need to chain-heal yourself to stay alive.  If you were to stop attacking to heal yourself, you'd lose a huge amount of DPS, which would make the fight even harder.

What you want to do is melee while you heal.  When you need to heal during the fight, target yourself and cast it.  For this I generally hit F1 then alt + 1, alt + 1 (where 1 is Muada's Mending) (hit it twice in case of a fizzle).  Once the spell starts casting press your "Toggle last two targets" key to retarget the mob (I have it mapped to caps lock instead of tab, so I don't accidently alt+tab out).  If you did that before the spell finished casting, then the instant the spell finishes you'll perform a round of melee attacks.  While waiting on the spell gems to refresh you'll often get another round or two in also.  The instant the spell gems come back, repeat.

This allows you to chain heal yourself while still doing a decent amount of melee damage.

Dumpty

There is a button option you can set for this also in options under targeting labeled "Toggle Target and Myself".  I set that one on TAB and toggle last 2 targets on backslash myself, and use either as needed.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Tastian

I have tab to target myself, /cast 1, (shift + up) if fizzle, then tab back to mob.  Can also make a hot key if you want that will /target you, /cast 1, /pause 3 /cast 1( to catch fizzle) then back to the mob.  For blast tanking I always keep attack on though like you said and get in as much dps as I can while still healing myself.

Mahes

Close to the same thing here:

I have my number 3 hotkey as my heal, so when I'm soloing, or anything really, it's Tab, 3, Tab.  Takes less than a second to hit the keys and when not casting I'm still meleeing.

I'm glad someone posted this.  It's amazing how many BSTs are unaware of it.

Firriann

almost the same as well. i tab to target me, hold alt and press 3 (my heal) and redo tab when i start casting. i found that faster then hotkey'ing heal on a button. but then again, it all matters in how your hands are positioned and how your regular hotkeys are. for me it's always 1 for pet attack, 2 for kick, 3 for feral swipe and 4 for slow. after those it's my AA abilities, perfection, pet hold, etc. but tab is really a life saver :)
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Dumpty

yep, tab, alt+1, tab.  hehe.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Bengali

I also use tab to toggle myself/target, and I have my numpad keys bound to spell gems (in keyboard options).  I find it's much faster than Alt+num casting and I never have to have a spell gem on a hotkey.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dakat

When in a fight and I need to

Heal self.  I hit F1 once (targets me), click spell gem, heal is going, hit F8 (targets mob) and press on.

Heal Pet. I just click spell gem, auto targets pet, since I use pet heal spells, hit F8 (targets mob) and press on.

Heal Other. Hit Fx where x is the number the person is in group, hit F8 and press on.

Heal Others Pet. Hit Fx twice where x is the person and hitting it twice targets their pet.

Kivuli

I have cycle through NPC targets bound to Q for easy use, since I use it nearly exclusively for targetting. If you practice enough with F8's peculiarities you can never have to click a mob again and believe me, I hate clicking mobs. One thing you have to be careful with though, is that if you're in a fight and you hit F1 to target yourself for a heal instead of using the tab buffer (which I also use frequently), F8 will NOT always return you to the target you had if there are other mobs on the screen. They can be miles away and sometimes it will jump to that mob instead of the closest. It doesn't do it often, but enough to be sure you look before you swipe.

Dakat

Back to the original poster, did you say 2 blue per kill or 2% per kill. If its 2 blue I know where I am going next ) NW cave.

I had done s stinct in WoS at the Muckglider caves at 65, was managing around 4 to 5% per kill here. Have not tried it since though

Rarrum

2 blue, unless they've changed it (not been there in about a month).  I never did bother to modify my UI for %, heh.