Main Menu

Where to take my crew at 32?

Started by Theron_Thunderblade, January 20, 2005, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theron_Thunderblade

So, I've been doing LDONs like mad and the experience on "Hard" is pretty good, but I'm getting tired of them.  So, I'm looking for somewhere to take my four-box crew.

Any ideas?  I know DSP is usually floated as a possibility, as well as Gunthak, but I'm just looking for some other ideas.

I don't mind "crawling them," since I do that in LDONs all the time.  Would someplace like Kaesora be decent?  I'm looking to get them to 58 as quickly as possible so I can group them with my shaman. 

So, that said, leveling paths to 58 if you've got ideas would be great.  What level do you think I can take this group to tier 1 planes and be reasonably successful?  I can use my shaman to slow and debuff so that might make a difference. 

What say ye?

danaconda

My suggestion would be to try out Crystal Caverns in Velious. That zone was soooo much fun for my 2-box of druid/beastlord. Just start from the top and work your way down. You get too far down and want to exit? The wizzie's Succor spell will land you right at the entrance you came in (or of course you can port out too). There's a town at the bottom of the cave that you can bank at (you're gonna want to unload all the velium drops into the bank for selling in the bazaar later) and later sell at once your faction gets higher.

The cave system there is large enough that you will always find a place to fight. This place will take you to 36 or so comfortably, and if you want to try spiders or geo's I think you can make mid-40's or so (never did them so not too sure).

After you're done here you can go to Tenebrous Mountains (the zone next to Grimling Forest zone) and hunt the grimling caves. Both of them. The grimlings don't drop cash, but drop stackable runes that sell for quite well at the end of a night of hunting. They also drop some acrylia ore for more bazaar selling. And trust me, the prices of velium and acrylia add up VERY quickly (I made about 7k+ from velium alone in my 30's and I'm still wearing most of the gear that cash bought at 51). This will take you to 42 or so pretty quickly.

After that I'd head on over to the LoY zones. Dulak's is usually camped enough that I don't bother with it. So I usually hit up the castle in Gunthak. I did that in my higher 40's so maybe you want to try the fort first, then move on when it gets too easy. The benefit is that you are close to Dulak's so if you want to try there its just a short run.

This will take your group through the upper 40's to low 50's. Then you can hit up some planes for experience.  8-)
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Rhajah

Do Solusek A from 32 to 36 (the gnome castle is best), and you'll get nice PP and fine steel drops you can sell outside in Lavastorm.  From 36 to 45 I'd do Kaesora library and church.

Theron_Thunderblade

Oh my...  Did a few LDONs last night.  I did one with my whole crew at 32, hard.  Everything in the dungeon was blue.  I thought for a minute that I had accidentally requested a normal, but I confirmed it and I got points for the hard win.  The next one I did my crew was at 33, and, oh my...  I never even made it out of the first room.  Several red con gating healing goblins met me at the front door and brought ruin upon my party.  Schnikes!

I think I'm going to try out Kaesora and see what I can see.

Theron_Thunderblade

My crew went from 35-38 in Kaesora today and it was fun.  After doing so many LDONs, the regular dungeons seem pretty tame in comparison.  But yeah, lots of fun.  Tenebrous Mountains next I think.