Main Menu

New spells on lucy

Started by Silverak, January 08, 2004, 05:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klav

7 ticks??
yea they got smart and said oh with beastlords getting this it would make emp ssra so easy *swings the nerf bat* and its outta here!
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Kilern

Ugh, those slows just went from bad to very bad. With the 7 ticks duration sounds like they are setting slowers up to need to Pre-Slow everything. I dont know about the rest of you but I dont like the implication that I need to land a slow the first time every time even if it is only for 35-42 seconds.

Sounding less like a feature/upgrade and more like a requirement for group servival, ie if a slow doesnt land withing 7 seconds of the start of the fight then the raid wipes.

*cross fingers* Hoping I am wrong.
Kilern Sechar
Level 56 Beastlord
Venril Sever

Tastian

Slow is 1.5 casting time with a -30 resist mod and long recast.  I see this as an "oh schit prot not up" type of slow.  Throw revenge resisted, throw this, ok slowed (hopefully) maybe tash lands, malo, maybe just another crack or two at revenge.  

To be honest in an LDoN setting a 7 tick faster casting slow with -30 would be amazing too imo.  I could easily see myself running that main sometimes.  As a shaman I'm hurting for spell slots as it is 8(  My bst can definetly squeeze that in though for certain situations.  Still awhile to go, but I can definetly see uses for this already, unlike say...pet root! lol

Zorthar

I bet it is for stuff that NEEDs to be slowed, We will be seeing stuff hit for ungodly amounts of damage in this expansion, so I bet slow will have to land quick or you lose.

Tastian

I'm sure you can use it as a quick opening slow, but don't forget the aggro involved too.  If this is really designed as a get the big_nasty slowed in 2 seconds or we fubbed then they should really consider adding a -hate to the spell like tig's has or something.  Even if it is designed for that though I can still see a lot of other caes where it would prove quite useful.

cougerofeq

I dont have trouble landing the 65 slow - dont see much use in our new spells.  The AAs seem to have more potential, but still too early to know for sure though but this is the 2nd expansion in a row it seems with lackluster spells for BSTs. Kinda dissapointing.

Strigori

i really hope that these slows go through more changes yet.  as it is they have a duration of 42 sec and a recast of 30 sec, that would mean you are totoally screwed if you have 2 mobs to slow and only that spell  will slow it.   as it stands i see no reason to bother with these over sha's revenge
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Tastian

You wouldn't run just this slow you'd run it as a suppliment to revenge or whatever.  It's 10% less slow atm so unless you just couldn't land revenge you wouldn't use it most of the time anyways.  That'd be like an enchanter running just rapture, but I guarantee you rapture is far from useless hehe.  Yes though it is still quite early and I'm sure more things will happen.  New ancient spells look decent, and I'm still very curious to see if spells will just be drops or runes or adventure points or what.  Probably some combo there in.

Sriab Silverclaws

I have watched threads on the new spells and I think we are really trying to sell ourselves on these slows. These slows are not worth anything  other than to pacifiy the masses. The idea of preslow is an idea that someone has come up with to say that we have a job on raids. That idea truly opens up excuses for SoE to  hand the Beastlord class a raw deal. What we true need are skill upgrades or spells that let us dish out DPS wheter it be in physical or spell damage. While other hybrids recieve these spells, we are stuck with minor utility upgrades. It is very early in beta, but we really need to voice that these slows are really not what we need. but DPS spells.

Elder Sriab Silverclaws 70 Wildblood My Profile

Murkk Dakruul

Well we do get a new nuke. Hopefully they atleast tweak these into something I can actually keep memmed normally, not something I use every 3 months.

They should give us an improved FoL because thats the coolest spell evah. 8)
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Tarsq

Spirit Balance was changed to Ukun Spirit http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4875&source=Test, group IoS.

Spirit Order was changed to Ukun Blood http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4874&source=Test an updated scorpion venom
Tarsq of Test

Zorthar

That seems better than the slows that were on there. :P

Sriab Silverclaws

Well this looks much better:

A Cold DD Nuke
A PR Dot
A Group IoS
A Group Hp/ATK buff

Still missing a Diease Dot prefer a strong one or maybe a PR based DD that our parent class has access too. Would also like to see a better heal (Not Pet heal).

Since Day 1 of the BST we have been left out on PR DD spells. We should have recieved them. For example RNG received all DD or Dot types from thier  parent class, ie Summon, Dot, Fire and Cold. SKs got Undead, Dots, PR and Diease from thier parent class also and same goes for Pala.

Elder Sriab Silverclaws 70 Wildblood My Profile

Rytath

wow Group IoS guess I will turn the exp back to regular and hit 65

UnrulyKitten

Trusher Breath - Good but wish it was another resist type like poison :)

Ukun Spirt - Group IoS, who could dislike that? Very useful when no Shaman around to make our (extremely tedious) buffing more tolerable

Ukun Blood - Nothing I will get too excited about though in certain scenarios (mostly boss mobs and soloing I would think) it will help our DPS modestly.

Unruly