Main Menu

Double Trouble

Started by bham, January 22, 2005, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

I 4-box a 70 Beast, 70 cleric, 70 mage and 67 wizard. When they all have my kei I have the ability to chain pull in places like WoS and Rcod. However, once kei runs out my DPS from the 2 nukers drops dramatically.

I have been slowly working on their FT, but I needed some way to get a quick upgrade. The Jaded Shield of Protection, with FT 3, has always interested me, but they run at 100-120k on Bertox, and while I could afford 2, I prefer to spend my plat on my Beast.

The JSoP drops in the Firepit instance of the Draniks Scar Expeditions, when the expo is started by a leader who is level 64? - 67. I have done this expo previously, but the experience is ordinary and apart from the shield the loot is worthless to me. I was thinking of going in and trying for a shield or 2 before my wizard gets to 68 and it becomes a hassle starting the right expo to get them. Then it dawned on me that there was a better way.

I ran my 4 guys to Draniks Scar, dropped my Beast from the group, made the wizard the leader and asked for expos until I got Firepit. I then made my cleric the group and expo leader and dropped the wizard and mage. I formed a new group with the wizard, mage and beastlord, with the wizard as leader again. I then got another firepit expo. I dropped the mage from this group and added him to the clerics instance.

I now had 2 copies of the correct level firepit expo up and running. I ran my 4 guys to the entrance and zoned in. Of course they all seemed to go to the same place, but in fact, the mage and cleric were together in one and the wizard and beast were together in the other.

I invised and ran my Beast / wizard combo to the hallway just past the named spawn point and started pulling. I had one fight against a dragorn and the PH at the same time, where my BL was under 30% HP for most of the fight, but I survived, and sat down in the hallway to med.

While the beast / wiz were medding and waiting for repops I invised and ran in my Cleric / mage combo. The combination of pac pulling, decent mage pet tanking, cleric healing and high combined DPS made this part a breeze, until a runner brought 4 adds. I didnt have gate loaded and of course my usual wizard evac was unavailable to them. I made a run for the zone and my cleric made it but the mage didnt. I ran the mage back to drag and get rezzed, in between kiling the repops with my beast / wiz combo. This time I used pet pulling and killed the required mobs quickly and easily.

I was unable to find a new kei for my mage, but was able to get them back into the cycle without it.

All in all I killed 5 PHs. Just before I logged one Kyv Cavescout popped for the BL /  wiz combo. I took him down easily and low-and-behold he dropped a JSoD. My Wizard is now FT 12, and the next time one drops it will be time to start looking at Expansive Mind AAs for my Mage.

Now that I have it sorted, I should be able to farm 2 PHs at once no problem, at least until my Wizard hits 68.

I plan to start my epic 1.5 eventually, and Im planning on using the same tactic to camp the Drogmor and ME drop simultaneously as well if I can.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

lanlaor

Im not sure why that shield sells for so much.  I also run a group close to yours.  i have a bst and cleric and my friend lets me use his necro and bard.  I farmed 3 shields in a day for the casters.