Main Menu

Forgotten Halls

Started by Gorrill, January 23, 2005, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorrill

I have found a spot to hunt in, that I think is great. I post this on the lvl 30 range because that is where I am now, but you can take this spot from 20 to 60 or so. You must have GoD and OoW. Take your local Magus to Nedaria's Landing. On the southernmost pier is (can't rem his name right now). Hail him, say 'Taeolsain', 'temple', and 'interested in visiting'. Go to the bear caves, in the first landing is a female NPC and rock. If you got the Expedition from the dock guy click on the rock by her, if not talk to her then return to dock guy(that is what I was told). Click on the rock by her and you will be taken to The Forgotten Halls.

This is an instanced zone. There are 2 rooms full of Bats or Rats. Now while you won't get too much in loot, at lvl 30 I was getting 2 or 3 pp a kill, and 2 or 3% XP a kill. Of course as you level mobs level with you, XP stays the same but PP slows gets more.

Gorrill
lvl 33 Beastlord
7th Hammer

Oneiromancer

Pretty sure you don't need OoW for this; the zone came out before OoW was released.  Also it's possible you don't need GoD for this, since I'm pretty sure that Nedaria's Landing is a zone that everyone can go to.  Worth trying at least for those who don't have those expansions.

Around level 50 or 55 these mobs become social and start hitting really hard, so it's not a good place to solo at that point, from what I hear.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Gorrill

Thanks for that update. Some of my info had come from another player, so I wasn't sure about the social part.

Gorrill

Tiroon

OoW is not needed but GoD is.

This post brings back some memories. When I hunted the bears in my 30's a friendly druid invited me into her group. Had wolf form cast on me for the first time. Zoned into an instanced expedition for the first time. Killed a magus for the first and so far only time. Wolf form immediately went from dubious to kill buff on sight for me. :lol:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Dumpty

you dont need god to go to nedarias
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

danaconda

To go to Nedaria's you won't need GoD..... however, in order to enter the instanced zone (Forgotten Halls) you definitely need GoD. I tried a while back (maybe may/june of '04) and it didn't allow me to access the zone. Doubt they changed it. /shrug
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Rasis

Quote from: Gorrill on January 23, 2005, 05:56:11 PM
There are 2 rooms full of Bats or Rats. Now while you won't get too much in loot, at lvl 30 I was getting 2 or 3 pp a kill, and 2 or 3% XP a kill. Of course as you level mobs level with you, XP stays the same but PP slows gets more.
Gorrill

is anything social to these bats or rats?  Hehe I made the mistake of pulling a stone guy and aggroed the whole damn place it seemed - including the dude i need to hail to leave - so I was pretty much dead.

Is there anything KOS in this instanced zone in case I need touse invis pots?

Thx
Rasis
30th Level Ikky Beasty

Volfinator

Bunny this is kick BUNNY exp! BUNNY!  :-o Nobody is around and the rats double for 54 at MAX! Wow. I don't have temp, pet doesn't even have temp and with about 48% mana i can take down the rats no problem! with mana to spare....2-3 heals on pets and whalah 2% exp (1% if i don't deal damage to it)

-Meloku Voidbringer
"Don't fear me, fear the beast within me."

Rasis

Quote from: Volfinator on May 05, 2005, 12:33:57 AM
Bunny this is kick BUNNY exp! BUNNY!  :-o Nobody is around and the rats double for 54 at MAX! Wow. I don't have temp, pet doesn't even have temp and with about 48% mana i can take down the rats no problem! with mana to spare....2-3 heals on pets and whalah 2% exp (1% if i don't deal damage to it)

-Meloku Voidbringer
"Don't fear me, fear the beast within me."

OK - how about answering my question please ;p

Mahes

Yes. Stick to rats and bats.  Everything else assists.

You can do this are at any level, on up to 70, but you'll find some levels harder than others due to the mob's level increasing.

Rasis

Quote from: Mahes on May 05, 2005, 03:00:34 PM
Yes. Stick to rats and bats.  Everything else assists.

You can do this are at any level, on up to 70, but you'll find some levels harder than others due to the mob's level increasing.

My son took his 67 rogue in last night to check it out.  He attacked a rat and all the Stone dudes aggroed.  This going to happen at lvl 35 to me?

Mahes

He must have been in range of the golems or pulled it our or something.

I used to stand in the middle of the first room of rats, hit F8, and kill the mob.  Over, and over.  Nothing every added on me in the room itself.

So I'd assuem the golems and taelosians assist rats and bats as well as each other.

Rasis

Quote from: Mahes on May 05, 2005, 05:43:28 PM
He must have been in range of the golems or pulled it our or something.

I used to stand in the middle of the first room of rats, hit F8, and kill the mob.  Over, and over.  Nothing every added on me in the room itself.

So I'd assuem the golems and taelosians assist rats and bats as well as each other.
[/quote

kk thx for reply]

Volfinator

KOS? Heck no! Everything is freaking passive...even the RATS are passive and everything is NON-SOCIAL! read that again... NON SOCIAL! don't worry about it just don't attack the guards and u should be just fine!

-Meloku Voidbringer

Mahes

The golems and Taelosians are indeed social.

Yes nothing is KoS, but both those mobs will assist any other mob type.

Just go in a room with bats or rats only and kill those.  You'll be fine. :P