Main Menu

Anyone Give More Info On Bloodfield Scout?

Started by Zebrn Beasword, January 25, 2005, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

Gonna try and get guild to do it sooner or later, anyone have more info then what is in the 2.0 completed post?  Strats and anything else? thanks
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

photodude716

Yes the BF encounter drops a chest.  When I did mine the loot was int caster shoes...had no int stat but had about 210 hp and 225 mana.  Scout was a little more difficult than led to believe.  I died near the beginning of fight trying to train the ferans away but had to stop because rest of raid couldn't aggro DDA.  He just kept following me too.  But I got him so far out of range that no one was hit with AE silence and the chanters either had the ferans mezzed or druids had them rooted.  There was no way this could be one grouped without exploits.  Because once you are AE mezzed or silenced the fight is over because he just rips you to shreds.  I had about 25-30 with me when I beat this fight.  I would believe it could be 2 grouped if the groups were geared well enough.  Good luck to all at this stage.  Hopefully I will get the drop from anguish soon and be the first bst on Rodcet Nife to have the 2.0.

Heemann <Echoes in Eternity>

Sharrien

Hmmmm....what about the NC fight, does it drop a chest as well?  I'm not going to be anywhere close to anguish access for quite some time, but I'm trying to figure out if these fights are worth getting done now for the drops if for nothing else.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Serrano

He doesn't AE mez and he is easy to split.  His mez was never landed or resisted by casters/range fighters.  It has something to do with melee'n.  So its called having one tank at a time, Warrior - you- warrior - you-etc.  As for splitting goes I singled it several times before I even bothered bringing a group.  Just stand on the top of the hill invis'd, send your pet in, and once they aggro either let your pet die or /pet hold it and run to DS zonein.  Here's the part I ASSUMED you could figure out, you have to actually ZONE to lose the aggro, its not a distance thing.  Being a bst you can't FD or fade so you have to zone.  Then zone back in and run invis'd out into the field and the DDA will be sitting there a good enough distance from the ferans to tag with slow.  And just so you don't mess this up, you want to tag from the opposite side of the ferans.  You don't want to uninvis right in the middle of the pack.  And you DON'T have the raid tag anything, they just sit at the ZI til you are done with your business.  It only takes one person to split these mobs, if you want to let a monk or bard do it so they don't have to zone have at it.  I just try to figure out ways to do these with minimal people since our guild charges points for epic fights I believe, not sure, never had to ask for a guild raid yet.  Oh and as for the silence range on that is 80 or so and range on CH just happens to be 100 or so without extended range items.  Wonder if that could be used to anybodies advantage. . .

Serrano Sexibeast
<Vis Maior>

Klav

has widvir finally woken up and decided to do epics?
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Serrano

We only do epic fights on friday night ( our off night ) and off hours.  We don't do them during raid hours ( thank god ).   I suppose if numbers were low enough that there was absolutely nothing else to do we might but that hasn't happened yet so no idea.  We don't have many people to the points in their epics where they need like full raids to do something, so that might change when the time comes.  So far its just me and a few warriors at the anguish globe part.

Serrano Sexibeast
<Vis Maior>

Rokath

Tried to Duo this mob with me (10khps) and my cleric bot,,,, did not happen.  I was so unprepared for the fight I got mezzed and mob killed warder,, after that i just had to wait for him to despawn, never aggroed cleric and didn't keep pounding on me after he mezzed..  did find out that RC2 cleric aa will cure the mez

Gonna try again tonight with me, cleric, and shammy.. figure keep the mezz cured fight should be a piece of cake

*edit* just tried it again, couldn't split the mob fast enough, ended up despawning..... :x
Wildcaller Rokath
70th Beastlord of Immortal Wrath
Terris-Thule server

Tarsq

Do you remember the name of the Mez? Just like to try it soon and always handy to know the resists etc.

Thanks
Tarsq of Test

Rokath

Quote from: Tarsq on March 01, 2005, 03:00:59 AM
Do you remember the name of the Mez? Just like to try it soon and always handy to know the resists etc.

Thanks

Name of the Mezz is Call of the Ikaav...http://www.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=4666 so yup, plan on having people mezzed, RC2 cures it so does RGC so its not horrible but its bad

ooh yeah.. Edit* just tried this with Shaman, 2 cleric, sk, rogue, and me, did'nt work so hot, but we got him down to 60% before he started kicking our butts,, main problem is that we couldn't keep mez off of us so we just sat there and vegetated lol
Wildcaller Rokath
70th Beastlord of Immortal Wrath
Terris-Thule server

Ohngulimala Fenborn

just an idea from  the rallos zek server (now just zek )... when fighting chanters an ppl that can mezz .. use crimson potions .... they are a low lvl dot an will break mezz ..... hope this helps .. as i am not quite to this fight yet , if no one else test it i will )

Ohngulimala fenborn 70th lvl wildblood .. formerly of rallos zek (now  called fenborn on CT server)../wave klav

hakaaba

Location is marked on the map.  It runs faster than its friends so you can easily split it yourself by running to the DS zone.   It puts out hardly any DPS but it ae silences and procs a mez.  Its got decent hp and some of your dps will be mezzed and silenced so its a longish fight.  I *barely* did it with a group and a half but we pretty much zerged it hehe.  Didnt try the dot potions so i cant tell ya if it works.  The hardest part of the fight is doing enough dps before the green crap repops in whatever room you pull him to.

One thing to note is there is a slight (1 or 2 second) delay in it spawning after you say the trigger phrase and then it spawns directly on your head.  I was about to type the trigger phrase again when it spawned on me, meleeing and mezzed me.  It scared the crap out of me.  You might be advised to trigger it and start running.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Arazex

Hoping to try this later - each time i pulled DDA to RCoD area and came back , watched them all despawn so seemed the ferans dont path back , wouldnt it be easier to just train to rcod have a bard highsun DDA to group(s) at the spawn point and kill there without worry of the green stuff or other such adds ?
Arazex 70th Beastlord - Fennin Ro

Saparri

When I did it, I hopped on my mount when I ran to Rcod. I stayed right at the zone in until the tank was able to see Dda, then I zoned. There weren't any greenies that came though. Could try your idea; however you would defninitely have to kill the slashers in advance if you didn't want to deal with them during the fight.

Arazex

K so tried the highsun thing , didn't work so hot , bard got mezzed and such before it would land , also the crimson potion thing doesn't work - we tried it on one of our attempts  :-(  Friend gave me an idea tho , not directly linked to the actually fight , but said the 1.5 trigger in rcod could be chain hailed to keep it from despawning , gonna try that tomorrow with the 2.0 in BF to see if that would work incase of trying to get people in time etc . .

Ara~
Arazex 70th Beastlord - Fennin Ro