Main Menu

HotKey help!

Started by Memnarch, January 28, 2005, 06:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memnarch

Ok, right now i have a lvl 56 cleric which has yaulp 5 and yaulp 5 includes mana regen.  Now i am wonder if i can make a 5 line hotkey and each line casting yaulp 5.   I think i read somewhere about if you put a /pause in the begining of the hotkey then a command the pause will take effect then the command next will activate, that why i can put my cleric on autofollow and i will push the hotkey once and i know she will yaulp 5 times given shes not moving while casting or stuned or casting a different spell. Something like
/pause 100, /cast 8
/pause 100, /cast 8
/pause 100, /cast 8
/pause 100, /cast 8
/pause 100, /cast 8
see? the 100 is a random number FYI, but it will pause for the refresh tiem on yaulp then yaulp agian right after it so i can yaulp 5 times with a hotkey, is this possible or do i ahve ot do
/cast 8
/pause 100
/cast 8
/pause 100
/cast 8
?? Any other cleric hotkey tips would be nice also, thansk for reading this.

Hereki

Yaulp is dramatically less mana than sitting (10 mana/tick at 65).  So if you need to micromanage mana like this, you are probably in the wrong spot, etc.  Use a mount, or sit.

Cleric hotkeys are simple; the only tip worth mentioning is to include a /gsay with %t, to confirm that you have the right target and spell chosen.  Also include 2 cast lines, so that the second one will (probably) cast if the first fizzles.  The same tip applies to any boxed caster.

Bulge

Playing around with  macro's like that is one of the fun things when you start boxing.  However, after a while some things are just more trouble then they are worth, and the Yaulp macro (I fiddled with it too but never really used it) was one of them.    The anti-fizzle line in your cast-macro's is definately a must though.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Memnarch

Ahh good thinking on the 2 casting lines on my hotkeys never thought of that, i always switch back real fast to make sure i am still casting heh.   About managing my mana its either i can stand the whole adv or i have to kinda set up camp, and pull and med like normal, i just thought maybe haveing yaulp on all the time would help my /follow'ing the whole time heh. thanks for responding.