Main Menu

Marsinger Gem quest...how far 2boxing?

Started by Tiggr, January 08, 2004, 10:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggr

Heyas.

Has anyone attempted to handle the marsinger gem quest solo or with only a few people? if so how far did you get with how many ppl? how do you feel a 65bl and 65 clr would fare up in hate?

Kylaz

Been in hate near cathedral with Necro,Beastlord and Cleric 65, and one of the items for second quest dropped.
Thanks to Necro kiting, we never had anything we couldn't manage. Without any kind of puller/CCer, I think Duoing will be hard there.

That was really good XP, though (better than BoT - almost equal as HoH with a good puller). About 60% of an AA in 30 mins I think.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Hereki

Exp is not as good as BoT in my experience - your milage may vary, of course.

Clerics make pretty good pullers with the pacify line.  

You should be able to get the first gem pretty easily duo, as all the drops are close to zone in off the easiest mobs.  Of course, you'll need a wizard to get you there.  The later gems require drops from mini-bosses, and I'm not sure how well you'll do, depending on AAs, etc - they are certainly easily 1 groupable.  The top level gems require you to kill raid targets.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: HerekiExp is not as good as BoT in my experience - your milage may vary, of course.
/agree

Quote from: Hereki
The top level gems require you to kill raid targets.
This is completely false - don't believe the older blurbs from 'Khazams.

Hereki

I thought the books dropped from Inny/Maestro - but you're right, it seems that the minis all over can drop the 3rd/4th quest books, but with highest drop rate in the top tier.  I'm not sure how easy they would be to duo or not, but might be worth a try.

I also found this link to a story window guide site: http://www.meryddian.net/storywindow.html

I haven't tried it myself yet.

Tooflus Wunder

Myself and a group have friends have been up in hate off and on for 2 weeks.  Our group setup at any given time is usually 60 CLR, 59 BST, 65 ENC.  If we have other friends on we can have a 54 ENC, 65 WAR, 65 SHM, 56 DRU.  With the first setup we can take out pretty much most of the zone minis upto the tier 4 sometimes 5 stuff.  The ENC alone can solo upto tier 4 minis without even breaking a sweat.  It's sick I tell ya!

That being said we have been doing these quests for us and friends so far and have been doing very well.  The main ENC has all the parts to get his 4th gem already (bastard likes to solo when nobody is on), I have done the 1st gem and am only missing my signet for the 2nd, the cleric has his 2nd and all the others have their 1st ones.  The problems we have been encountering mostly is the lack of caster signets being dropped.  They seem to be a lot more rare than the priest and hybrid and a slight bit more rare than the melee.  When we are there we just basically sit at the zone in and let the ENC pull like mad (and when I say mad I mean it.  We will at times have 4 mobs mezed with one as a pet and one being beat on.  Sick I tell ya!  As far as complexity this quest is super easy and nets a very good item even if you only want to do the 1st gem.  My plans at this moment (a bit sleep deprived as I may be) is to do upto the 4th gem and then go back and do upto the 3rd gem.  The way I see it each gem has its use: the 3rd gem is great for raids as it has ven3, and the 4th is great for soloing because it has ext range4 and reg3 on it.

Here are the links for the 3rd and 4th gems: 3rd gem Gem of Heroism and 4th gem Marsinger's Glimmering Gem.  I hope this helps, and if anyone needs any information feel free to ask.  I will be doing this quest till all my friends have at least the 3rd gems.  Oh and if you are on Maelin by all means send me a tell because we usually have at least one person that doesn't want to 2 box so we have room :)

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: Tooflus WunderWith the first setup we can take out pretty much most of the zone minis upto the tier 4 sometimes 5 stuff.  The ENC alone can solo upto tier 4 minis without even breaking a sweat.
There is no tier 5 in Hate please don't make up new terms.  If your ENC can solo tier 4 minis (meaning no healer around?) he sure doesn't need anything from up there.  Mobs are in the 60s, hit for over 500, and love to bring friends if fail that occasional pacify - wizzie chaining draughts are always pleasant too.  He might as well solo in tactics and get some real loot, imo.

Quote from: Tooflus Wunder
That being said we have been doing these quests for us and friends so far and have been doing very well.  The main ENC has all the parts to get his 4th gem already (bastard likes to solo when nobody is on), I have done the 1st gem and am only missing my signet for the 2nd, the cleric has his 2nd and all the others have their 1st ones.  The problems we have been encountering mostly is the lack of caster signets being dropped.  They seem to be a lot more rare than the priest and hybrid and a slight bit more rare than the melee.  ...  As far as complexity this quest is super easy and nets a very good item even if you only want to do the 1st gem.  

I wouldn't call them 'easy' - they are a huge timesink (HUGE).  You've already mentioned how after two weeks you still have the signet to get for the 2nd gem - you can be up there another two weeks and still not find it like a few people I know.  And then for the 3rd and 4th parts, you need to collect the fairly rare books that must be shared among the 4 sets of classes - there are 20 different books total and you need your 5.  You can get lucky and the first 5 books you see will get you your 3rd and 4th gems, or you can be SoL and get dozens and dozens before you can get your 3rd.  Easy?  Hardly.  I'd say the first gem is easy, the 2nd is either real grind effort of several days (and is marginally better than the 1st gem anyways), and to get the 3rd/4th you should think of buying a plot of land up there and settling down - from what I've seen you'll get the 4 books for the 4th well before you get your single 3rd gem book btw (if only you could skip the third ...).

If you are calling the marsinger quests easy, then the Nurga quests are trivial...

edit:  Really meant to say "Droga" not "Nurga" on the last line there ....

Hereki

Well, the Nurga quests are trivial, just take a long time to get all the drops (I have about 20 of them taking up bag/bank space atm).

Tooflus Wunder

I will call the Nurga quests trivial.  I spent all of a weekend in Nurga and was able to complete the Ring of Seranades and the CLR, DRU SHM glove quest for our cleric.  Just because I find something easy doesn't mean you will.  That's what this game is about.  Every encounter is get this....wait for it, it's coming....RANDOM.  What is a big part of randomness?  Luck.  Just because I have spent around a week if all the hours were added over the 2 week period and not gotten any higher on my gems than I have is because I have benn unlucky thus far.  Oh and to address your attempt at making me look stupid by stating I am making up facts, I am not referring to the Tiering as in normal Planes, because PoHate is still considered a tier 1 plane.  I am referring to how the new PoHate is broken up.  There are 5 distinct areas within the new Hate.  I may not have made myself clear on that point in my original post.

Oh and he does Solo in PoTactics, but wanted the FT3 item for ranged so he can upgrade some other stuff.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: HerekiWell, the Nurga quests are trivial, just take a long time to get all the drops (I have about 20 of them taking up bag/bank space atm).

I will call the Nurga quests trivial.
Dangit I really meant to say Droga.  Indeed, Nurga quests can be deemed trivial for the levels in question.

Oh and to address your attempt at making me look stupid by stating I am making up facts, I am not referring to the Tiering as in normal Planes, because PoHate is still considered a tier 1 plane. I am referring to how the new PoHate is broken up. There are 5 distinct areas within the new Hate. I may not have made myself clear on that point in my original post.
I'm not trying to make you look stupid, I just want you to not confuse people by making up that there are 5 distinct tiers in hate.  There are *4* areas and this is is how Hate has been talked about since the revamp.  If you'd like to attempt to correct me, by all means do so rather than repeating yourself then explain your 5 tiers.  Here's my, and everyone else's, 4 tiers, for your reference:

Tier 1:  Old ground floor of hate mobs (cleric of hate, abhorrant, ire ghast, spite golem, etc) LVL <55, Bosses level = 50
Tier 2: Old 2nd floor hate mobs (vicar of hate, grim abhorrant, fury ghast, vengeance golem, etc) LVL <60, bosses level = 60
Tier 3: Wussy dark elves (champion/templar/sage/knight/etc of hate) LVL  <63 bosses lvl = 63
Tier 4: Nasty dark elves (warlord/high priest/sorceror/gravelord/etc of hate) LVL <65 bosses lvl = 65

Unless you want to somehow throw Inny and Maestro into a 'tier 5', well I'd then argue that your 65 chanter friend wouldn't be soloing tier 5s as you stated.  I have a hard time seeing that there is another reasonable scheme for dividing up the denizens of hate.

Tooflus Wunder

I mispoke about the tier 4 and 5 soloing.  I meant to stated 3 and sometimes 4.  Yes the way the enchanter has mapped it and color coded his map (drawn map because the map system doesnt work in the new PoH) he groups inny and maestro in 5.