Main Menu

Preliminary GoD spell list

Started by Misser, January 08, 2004, 10:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkal_Shihar

Thanks Emrysx, lately ive been acting shaman and that group buff would be a blessing.
now just to get my 65 slow and im set :)
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

EmrysX

I need to look into this pet hold/regen thing. That's the second time I've heard of it.

So you mean if your pet is tanking, you can say pet hold and it will be able to actually gain health (focused) while it's getting beat on?  That seems a bit too good to be true, and I wouldn't think it'd be as intended.
http://www.drew.idlegames.com/images/temp/sqlsig.jpg" />

Ghoat

Pet root is gonna rock!  Pet will root mob, quad it, and poof, no mo root!  Nice idea in theory, t3h suck in application.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Drye

Looks good so far but I hope there's more.  Personally, I'd like to see a new pet proc buff.  Something like:

Spirit of <insert GoD-related name here>
Decrease Hitpoints by 165
Increase Hate by 50 (does this really do anything?)
Stun 2.75 sec

Resist: Poison or Disease
Restist Adj -10

Mahes

Don't see it as being too handy.

Mainly because the root is a proc with a very short duration.  The odds of keeping that mob rooted while you're rotting it seem very slim.

In my personal opinion, the root proc is more worthless than Hobble...which isn't saying much.

Rhaynne

Have to agree.  I never bought Hobble and I likely won't buy the new pet proc root.

However...

New dot, new nuke and Group IOS?  Hell yes.

Kilern

New damage is always good so I really like that.

Not real sure how good a root rot strat would be but being able to stack another dot before you engage a mob is never a bad thing. Lets hope there are even more spells that we havent seen, but the addition of these two spells is a defenate plus,  most have been asking for group infusion and they appear to be giving it to us. Getting what you want is a good thing.  :D
Kilern Sechar
Level 56 Beastlord
Venril Sever

Surash Shadowclaw

Any word yet on how we will acquire the new spells?  Wondering if they will be dropped, vendor sold, quested, or turn in type like with PoP.   Just curious if i will be needing to save a ton of money for the new 65 spells if they will be dropped only  :(

Surash Shadowclaw
65 Beastlord
Surash Shadowclaw
65 Beastlord
Fennin Ro

Kryq

For a new pet proc, I'd like to see an unresistable mana drain.  Root as an AA proc is just silly.

-Kryq

Murkk Dakruul

If by mana drain you mean mana tap, than I am all for that idea.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Razimir

Woah! Pet procing mana sieve would be very nice idea imo!

-raz

Fozzik

Group IoS would be fantastic. I imagine quite a few more groups will be asking for that, even if there is a shaman, because of the added stamina. We'll end up casting that, and the shaman will stack wrulan, boar, and daiku on it. Stat sweetness.

As for the nuke... my question is what will the reuse time be? I would love a nice high-dmg nuke with low reuse time like blizzard blast. The 30-sec wait on frost spear gets old.

I think for the dot it's sort of moot. Maybe good for soloing... but when I'm in LDoN the only reason I cast a DoT at all is if I'm tanking / offtanking and need aggro. Otherwise the mobs are dying too fast for it to really be efficient. I think maybe a different spin on our dots would be cool... like maybe a mini-bane type DoT that did 225/tic or something. =)

fozz
Fozzik - Feral Lord, Sol Ro

DiosT

Group IOS is fine..

1) It's better than being a downgrade to one of the other 2 spells we get
2) It might create a desire for the spell (casters/clreics etc. usually like it, because most of the time they dont want focus--now they can get it free, like it, and dont have to ask for it)
3) It's in line with what we should get for our 3rd spell... they DONT want us to gain too much power in this expansion.. and if people sit down and look at how you can now stack 2 DoT's and almost double your 'efficent DPS by spell' now, you'd see it's nice.... ~50DPS by DoT damage if you stack these 2... it kicks the boxers off the old ~30 DPS you could do if you did scorpion + snake, it's also more efficent, and less likely to fizzle than the shaman DoT we share

4) This is the wrong forum