Main Menu

This is a rant.

Started by Latang, February 12, 2005, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koullyn

He has certain words in a filter here so it can only catch some when the post is made. I have not known Jaeren to do much moderation here at ALL. Supposedly most of us are adults or at least mature so he doesn't have to.

Lat---you finally made a good post and good case here. That works much better for people instead of your first. A newbie isn't going to be turned off on that thread though because there are some very good posts for and against the opinions of EQ. Those of us that have retired aren't simply going to go away because a lot of us have a lot invested. The fact that threads are allowed to move their own way here does give the community a lot of freedom and that is what people will see first.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Mahes

My fault Kaspi.  I made the assumption you were the same person as I had not realized there was a change.  That guy drove me nuts with his posts.

If rules are relaxed here, so be it.  I honestly don't know why I posted earlier other than I have nothing better to do at work and I got my panties in a wad.

Jaeren

The other box admin dumped us off of his box after he posted some rants about berserkers (as he runs/ran/whatever one of the various sites vying for the userbase) and they weren't looked upon nicely here. That was back in um, August or Sept I think. As soon as we found out and posted we would be moving very quickly, Kaspi stepped up and made a very good offer to host us.

As far as the post about the nude picture, I didn't use it to bring up the topic of that thread again, just to show that people have been given pretty free reign in the past to say stuff.

And as far as missing the rest of the words, blah, I was running on 3 hours of sleep at the time, lucky I could still read let alone function, my job is driving me into the ground with crazy shifts like work all night then come back in the morning kind of stuff so I'm on all hours of the day & night and sleep very little now, my system doesn't know when to get sleep, it usually tries while I'm AT work ;)

I understand your point now Latang but your initial post really pissed me off. I try not to moderate too much here and let stuff flow as it will. It's true that I no longer play EQ (though I still do have all three accounts, I just let them expire), I do care about the community and thats why I continue to the run the site, if I didn't, I woudl have closed it down or passed it along to someone else. Kashmiir though he is rarely on here and rarely posts, paid for the domain name to be renewed out of his own pocket. So we are still active in some form, just not active in the actual playing of EQ.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Latang

I was feeling pretty angry at everything, and when I came to Bst.org to see if something uplifting was available, as I scanned down the page there it was. This has been a real shitty week, and I'm sorry the tone of my first post was mainly whiney. I just needed to vent. I vented. It didn't help much so I haven't done it lately.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Gotog Ironskull

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Jaeren

World of Warcraft,, multiplayer online game set in the Warcraft world.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ is the official page, http://wowgamers.com/ is the site I am setting up about it.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: Jaeren on February 15, 2005, 10:04:08 PM
Kashmiir though he is rarely on here and rarely posts, paid for the domain name to be renewed out of his own pocket. So we are still active in some form, just not active in the actual playing of EQ.

I AM THE MASTER OF YOUR DESTINY! I AM THE ALL POWERFUL OZ WITH LIQUID HYDROGEN AND A PUPPY!

errr... sorry flashback from the summer of '87... too much purple gel...