Main Menu

DoN merchant list anywhere?

Started by Kaynin, February 16, 2005, 04:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaynin

I realise it's early yet, but can any of you super-surfers find something like this?  Just curious on what to look forward to  :mrgreen:

Iskandar

The Merchant list displayed items up to 300ish point value before I had even taken a Mission if ya want to swing by and check em out :)  Can't say for sure, but it doesn't look like it "hides" items like LDoN Merchants do (either that or it just has a really large range it displays).
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Kaynin

Yah im just bored at work and wanted to check it out  8-)

How many points are given for a successfull mission?

bham

The highest I can see is worth 340 shards. I had one misison that gave 38 points that I couldnt complete and one that gave 33 shards that I did. However, I 4 box my so my beastlord main has 132 shard already :)

I saw:

18/19 claw with 100 fire DD proc for 340 points.
14+1 / 18 club with 300 DD proc for 340
100pt lifetap augs
Level 5 focus effect augs for everthing you could want (ID, IH, mana pres, range, EE, Burning affliction etc) for 250 to 280 points.
55 hp augs for 5 different slots
50 hp augs for 5 other slots
FT3 aug

and more

The armour itself is nothing flash, up to 115 hp / mana with just 1 type 7 slot. Tier 1 omens armour is better, it has similar stats and effects built-in, in addition to the type 7 slot.

The mission we won was fairly easy, go to the instanced zone and collect 15 drake fangs, the one we quit was more involved and difficult with no map or idea of where to go in the zone to get the win.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Gotog Ironskull

I did 1 of those hunts yester day got 33 Shards.  But there the GOOD Side ones, also got a rock.  Im a Orger so is ther a way to Swap these shards? where are these merchants?

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Grbage

The shards are tradeable, go find another player to swap with or sell them.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

kharthai

Quote from: bham on February 16, 2005, 10:02:12 PM

Level 5 focus effect augs for everthing you could want (ID, IH, mana pres, range, EE, Burning affliction etc) for 250 to 280 points.

Type 7 or 8, or both?

Kaynin

I'm confused a bit, do i need to do some faction tasks from the brotherhood camp?  I've done a couple but some of the people are still apprehensive to me in the good side camp.  Once I gain enough faction, the group ldon style adventures will open up or can I get them right off the bat with a group of 3 - 6?

Iskandar

When you complete a Mission you receive two things: the first is a small allotment of the faction-specific shards (these will show up in the new UI slot on your Inventory screen -- note, if you don't see it, you will need to load the ikky default UI :oops: )... at the same time, you will also receive a no-drop Token. To receive the faction for the appropriate camp, you hand this Token in to the Merchant in the camp and receive a positive hit for that faction and a negative hit for the opposing faction.

This is the method used so that people pursuing faction from opposite camps can do a Mission together. Here's an example: I am working on my Norrathian faction. My group takes a Mission from one of the Norrathian NPCs and invites a friend following the Dark Reign faction to join us. When we complete the Mission, we will all receive 30+ Norrathian shards and a single no-drop Norrathian Token. I will hand my Token in to the Norrathian merchant to get faction, my friend will delete his since he doesn't want to lose Dark Reign faction. I can spend my Norrathian shards at the Merchant, my friend can sell them in the Bazaar or trade them for Dark Reign crystals. The same will happen if my friend invites me to join a Dark Reign mission... I will receive Dark Reign shards at the end, and a Dark Reign Token. (Note: If I am not KoS to Dark Reign yet, I could turn in my Dark Reign Token to the Dark Reign Merchant and gain faction with that camp, also losing faction with the Norrathians.... if I am already KoS to Dark Reign, I will need to do Missions from the Brotherhood to "switch sides.")
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Mahes

While the merchants are out of the game, you can turn the faction tokens in at the Wayfarers camp on the Northeastern edge of the largest lake of lava in Lavastorm.  There are two NPCs next to each other that speak of gaining faction with either the good or evil camps.  Just hand it to the appropriate one.

bham

Any word on when the merchants will be back up?

I have about 1000 crystals burning a hole in my pocket.

I want to buy the FT3 aug and 100pt lifetap aug from the good faction camp, then start handing in my tokens to max my evil faction. That way I can get 2 FT3 augs and 2 lifetap augs, one from each faction camp....

I have FT19 but am currently using an FT2 and 3 FT1 type 7 augs to get it. With 2 FT3 augs I can hit FT20 and save 2 aug slots in the process. (and sell my ldon augs to buy 40hp augs until I have enough shards to replace them with 50 and 55hp augs)
Bertox

Nusa

Can you spend your shards without making a faction commitment either way?

bham

I think you can buy items of up to 340 shard value in both camps without getting any faction hits.

I am pretty sure that to unlock the level 69 spell you will have to get some faction in one camp.

I think getting enough faction hits in one of the camps to unlock anything else (including the 69 spell) will lower your faction in the other camp so much you cant buy anything.

Thats why Im gunna buy some good stuff before worrking up my evil faction.

No matter how low you get in one of the factions you can always switch sides by doing enough tasks from the neutral camp that increase either good or evil faction.

Bertox

Grbage

Seems there was a way to dupe crystals so they wont be back until it can be fixed.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Cyphen Wilder

And I bet IGE will be blamed for all the shard duping, and how it has screwed up the shard economy, and if it wasn't for them, shards wouldn't be so expensive in the bazaar...hehe...devils advocate here.. :evil: