Main Menu

Gear Check

Started by Krashi, March 10, 2005, 06:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krashi

I'm a first time poster to these boards, wish I'd found them much sooner in my EQ life then my main would be my beastlord. I have a level 54 beast as my alt and was wondering if I was heading in the right direction with her gear or if there is anything I've overlooked that I might need. I do have focus effects on in tribute as tribute haste is pretty much useless for me right now with epic 1.0 in off hand. Any upgrade suggestions would be appreciated. My main is a 70 cleric and my best friend runs a 70 pally/shaman/wiz/enchanter combo so really, nothing besides raid mobs is out of reach for us. 

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1079148

On a side note, what a great community here. I've been reading these boards for the last month or so (since I have nothing better to do at work than answer phones and date stamp faxes lol) and have been impressed with the level of courtesy and general helpfulness I've seen.

Krashi

Rhsai

A couple items that spring to my mind, but you couldn't do them til you get to 55:
- Buy ornate boots.  Who can say "no" to 3 mana regen?
- With you and your friend's mains, picking up Watchman's Breeches from Riwwi should not be difficult.  Or you can be lazy like me and pick em up in the bazaar, hehe. 

Your gear looks pretty solid to me.  8-)
Rhsai
Iksar Feral Lady of 65 seasons
and Gameon
High Elven Archon of the 66th corpse run
Torv. Server

Rhoam

I was surprised to see that you had the primary of the epic loaded, I dont think I ever used mine except for corpse recovery runs  :roll:. I would look for a decent one hand bash or level appropriate h2h to replace the mainhand epic for faster delay and higher damage. The only h2h that spring to mind are the velium inlaid (level requirement would be prohibitive) and the golden wraps of the compact (I think they are useable at 54?) Other than that, your gear is well thought out and level appropriate. I agree on the ornate boots, I still use them when I run low on mana in exp groups. Good luck to you.

Krashi

Thanks for the suggestions. I totally forgot about the ornate and really didn't know how difficult Riwwi is or is not. Hoping to figure out EQ Windows and pick up EQ Platinum/OoW/DoN and move my cleric on her own account so the beast can fill out my group with my friend.

Oh, the epic primary, she just got those last week and is still loving walking around with them. They sparkle! I have a Copper Hammer of Striking, Architect's Sceptre and Entwood Mace in inventory for one hand blunt, a couple of pierces and hand to hand weapons as well, and for a two hander, I have a Geomancer Sandshaping Staff. I want the Stave of the Eternal but have yet to really find a decent price on it on my server.

Thanks for the good suggestions!

Krashi

Et^Cetera

I always recommend an Obulus Death Shroud to ANYONE under 60.

Anything that reduces your mana consumption has to be good.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Oneiromancer

Get a Ceramic Shield of Valor for 15% buff extension, and do Tak LDoNs to get the Diamond Prism of Companionship augment for the pet focus.  Actually, the pet focus doesn't do a lot of good until the level 62 pet spell, but the earlier you get started, the better.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Gungagunga

Pretty good stuff yes and the augs on earrings are a plus.  If your into tradeskilling i'd look into 8th Coldain shawl steps 1-4 and 8 can be MQ'd.  The 8th shawl will give you an extra tick of healing/mana on top of the normal done with SCF3.   For possible upgrades there is semi rare tunic drop in Riwwi near the Quimmi (spelling?) zoneline off of trash mobs:

Baleful Blood Soaked Cuirass
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP 
Slot: CHEST 
AC: 25
STR: +10  STA: +10  WIS: +10  INT: +10 
HP: +90  MANA: +85  ENDUR: +85  SV FIRE: +10 
SV MAGIC: +10  SV POISON: +10
Regeneration: +15
Required level of 55.
WT:  2.0    Size: LARGE
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BRD ROG BST BER

I would think you and friend could go on killing spree there and get one to drop...god knows i would love to have it.  For other ideas feel free to check my magelo in sig as I am only 3 lvls higher than you now.

Happy hunting

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Gungagunga on March 11, 2005, 09:12:24 PM
Pretty good stuff yes and the augs on earrings are a plus.  If your into tradeskilling i'd look into 8th Coldain shawl steps 1-4 and 8 can be MQ'd.  The 8th shawl will give you an extra tick of healing/mana on top of the normal done with SCF3.   For possible upgrades there is semi rare tunic drop in Riwwi near the Quimmi (spelling?) zoneline off of trash mobs:

Just a few corrections...the "extra tick of healing/mana" seems like you are referring to Paragon.  However, focus effects do not work on AAs.  Paragon is extended by SCR3, and is one reason Beastlords have been clamoring for SCRM.  But not focus effects.  The 8th shawl is great to have; FT3 besides the 20% buff extension.  But I mentioned the Ceramic Shield of Valor instead because it's much easier to do if you just want to hunt, instead of doing the huge quest that is the 8th shawl.  Just seems to me that if the OP is depending on his friend and his main to get drops, that he probably doesn't want to spend the time on that huge quest.

Second, while I agree that near the Qinimi zoneline in Riwwi is the best place to get the Cuirass solo, it drops off of any non-named mob in the zone.  And...lol...it's definitely not just "semi" rare...if the OP went with his friend's combo they should go to the arena and kill the nameds that spawn for decent loot (like Dedgerex's Flintforged Cudgel, a great Beastlord weapon) and hope that the Cuirass drops.  Can also stop by the Watchman when he pops to get his items, all of which are Leather I think.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Karve

Absolutely sure I got my  ornate boots at 52. Seeing asyou can get into Potranq at 46,don't think there was any reason why they couldn't be done then. (is there, am I mistaken.. its been a while)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Gariyn

From memery the dwarf wont let you do the combine unless your 55.

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Tiroon

I thought it was 55 unless flagged for HOH, BOT, Tactics.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.