Main Menu

DoN merchant list anywhere?

Started by Kaynin, February 16, 2005, 04:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhajah

Bham - how hard are the missions you're 4 boxing?  I have a 4 box crew too - 68 SK, 65 Cleric, 63 Shaman, 63 Beastlord - and I'm wanting to 4 box missions as well and pool my shards for my Beastie.  My SK has around 11k HP, 2200 AC, so he does pretty decently.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks.

bham

You have more than enough defense to survive.

Try "grounding the Drakes" for starters. Just beware of the false floor half way in. When you see the big flat open area, sneak around to the right and down the ramp, kill the mobs at the bottom and walk up the other side. If you walk straight across you drop down in the middle of them.

Get some more DPS from the LFG tool.

You can /open the eggs. Everyone you open gives exp, and some of the eggs pop an extra mob to kill, however the drakes from the eggs do not drop the fangs you need to win. If you have decent DPS and open all the eggs you can win in 1 hour and get almost 2 AA in the process. If you skip the eggs you can win in 45 mins and get about 1 AA.

Some of the drake wander long distances, so watch for adds. Your SK can probably tank 3 at once if required.

All the early mission seem easy once you work them out, some are easier to work out than others.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Rhajah

Many thanks!  I did two of that particular mission - would be appreciative of any tips on other missions.

bham

Downlaod themap of stillmoon temple from Eq-toolbox (and any others that are there for DoN)

I cant remember the exact name of the mission, but it involves getting the plans for a new construct and destroy a prototype of one. It gives 38 shards.

Once you zone into the stillmoon instance (not the actual stillmoon temple, follow the compass indicator!) fight your way east as far as you can go. The corridor then hooks north and leads into a cluster of three room. Clear the trash from the first room. There will be 1 stone staue (the prototype) and 3 goblins that are non-aggroable. Ignore them for now. Once you kill enough mobs (all the trash on the way in and in these rooms) a goblin warlord will pop in the NW room of the 3. Engage him and kill him as fast as possible. As soon as you attack, the goblin guard next to him will run for help. The guard can not be stopped or killed. He will go and aggro the stone statue, and if you are unlucky, the 3 goblins in the big room as well. To win you must loot the plans off the warlord and kill the statue. The third room of these 3 has a clickable zone out.

There is one that involves goblins in the delve. Zone in and fight your way straight ahead until you see the goblin taskmastert. Use a level 58 warder to pull him single and kill him and loot what he carries. Once he dies 3 sets of 3 goblin guards spawn, you must kill these 9 and get to the entrance in a time limit to win. The first set of 3 guards spawn right where you are probably fighting the taskmaster, so pull him around a few corners so that dont spawn on your group, then go and single pet pull them and start working your way back. If time gets low you can evac or stealth to the entrance, finish that part of the task and then kill the remaining guards at your leisure.

Another mission is to kill spiders in the ascent. From the zone in, take every right turn you can, killing all the spiders and pumas as you go. You will kill the 15 required spiders, and about 20 other mobs, by the time you get to the final room with the lairmistress, she comes single but has a nasty poison AE that killed my wizard and was hard to cure, but her melee was nothing flash.

I THINK that the named mobs required for the mission wins spawn in the same spot each time, but only after you kill a certain number of trash. Most missions seem to have a few see invis mobs scattered through them. The mobs repop in some misisons and not in other.... I have never seen a loot dropping named that was irrelevant to the mission, but they may exist.
Bertox

Rhajah

Thanks - here's what I've learned...

I tried the Death Comes Swiftly  mission - the one you mention with spiders.  It seemed pretty straight forward.  The problem however is that unlike the Drake mission, these mobs respawned - probably 15 min or so.  So the instance wasn't like the usual LDoN types.  I found it difficult to stay ahead of the respawn before I was stuck in the middle of mobs.  It's a shame - I really like the zone.  However I just don't see an easy way of keeping my team ahead of the respawn in safety to reach the warders (the 5 you have to kill) and the naemd without repops. 

Lemme know if you come across any others that would be conducive to 4 boxing.

Thanks bro.

bham

Apart form the drake mission they all seem to have repops. All I can suggest is add 2 DPS from the /lfg tool to allow you to move faster and stay ahead of the repops. As my 4-box consists of beastlord, mage, wizard and cleric, DPS is rarely a problem for me. Also my friends list seems to be full of more mages, wizards, necros and rangers and the like.

For pure crystal and exp grinding I just redo Drakes over and over again. If I skip the eggs we rip through in 40-45 mins. DoN missions have a minimum time before you can restart, like the compulsory rest time after a really fast LDoN adventure. It seems to be set at 45 mins.

To advance the faction quests and gain the special AAs you have to do a set of missions. I am not working on faction yet because I want some augs from both camps, and I being delayed by not being able to trade my crystals yet. However friends of mine are and I have some info on them. To get the second AA and access to the level 69 spell you have to finish the "Calling Emboush" event.

The event is for 24 people max and only gives 6 shards to advance the quest. Also there is 3-day lockout on anyone who finishes the event, weather you get a shard or not.

It may be possible to have 18 people quit the event and port out right before Emboush dies to save them from the lockout, but that may be difficult to time, and possibly considered an exploit.

To win, you fight to the final room (easy to fight there).

There are 3 mystics with Emboush, Emboush cannot be hurt unless all 3 mystics are unconscious (ie, fight and kill the mystics, but they quickly repop), put all your DPS evenly spread on the 3 mystics and once they are all down all DPS goes to Emboush, once a mystics wakes up, beat him down again and then switch back to Emboush. There is 1000pt AE every now and then. I didnt time it but I would imagine every 45 secs or so.
Bertox

Urim

Quote from: bhamThere is one that involves goblins in the delve. Zone in and fight your way straight ahead until you see the goblin taskmastert. Use a level 58 warder to pull him single and kill him and loot what he carries. Once he dies 3 sets of 3 goblin guards spawn, you must kill these 9 and get to the entrance in a time limit to win. The first set of 3 guards spawn right where you are probably fighting the taskmaster, so pull him around a few corners so that dont spawn on your group, then go and single pet pull them and start working your way back. If time gets low you can evac or stealth to the entrance, finish that part of the task and then kill the remaining guards at your leisure.

This is actually part of the evil faction progression series, its called "Have Note Will Travel". It's the group mission after the second set of 3 tasks and before the "Calling Emoush" 24 person raid.

Quote from: bhamI am not working on faction yet because I want some augs from both camps, and I being delayed by not being able to trade my crystals yet.

You can start working on faction. The merchants don't care what your faction is, only that you have the crystals to buy the item.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

bham

Quote from: Urim on February 24, 2005, 08:50:10 PM
Quote from: bhamThere is one that involves goblins in the delve. Zone in and fight your way straight ahead until you see the goblin taskmastert. Use a level 58 warder to pull him single and kill him and loot what he carries. Once he dies 3 sets of 3 goblin guards spawn, you must kill these 9 and get to the entrance in a time limit to win. The first set of 3 guards spawn right where you are probably fighting the taskmaster, so pull him around a few corners so that dont spawn on your group, then go and single pet pull them and start working your way back. If time gets low you can evac or stealth to the entrance, finish that part of the task and then kill the remaining guards at your leisure.

This is actually part of the evil faction progression series, its called "Have Note Will Travel". It's the group mission after the second set of 3 tasks and before the "Calling Emoush" 24 person raid.

Quote from: bhamI am not working on faction yet because I want some augs from both camps, and I being delayed by not being able to trade my crystals yet.

You can start working on faction. The merchants don't care what your faction is, only that you have the crystals to buy the item.

I am currently threatening to the guards at the good camp. I have heard that the good merchant will not sell to me once I hit scowling?
Are you saying that this is not true, and I will be able to buy the good version of the 125 lifetap aug (so that I can have 2) even after I completely trash my good faction by doing the evil tasks??
Bertox

Urim

QuoteI am currently threatening to the guards at the good camp. I have heard that the good merchant will not sell to me once I hit scowling?
Are you saying that this is not true, and I will be able to buy the good version of the 125 lifetap aug (so that I can have 2) even after I completely trash my good faction by doing the evil tasks??

I am VERY VERY scowling to the good side and the merchant on will still sell to me.
Maelin Starpyre

bham

Bertox

Knodey

From what i have seen they are the same items , good and bad both sides have the same equip. so your idea about getting two Ft3 Augs and two 125 LT augs is kinda outta the question.

Urim

QuoteFrom what i have seen they are the same items , good and bad both sides have the same equip. so your idea about getting two Ft3 Augs and two 125 LT augs is kinda outta the question.

They are the same items and they are both Lore but they have different names so getting one aug at one camp and then getting the other exact aug at the other camp is possible due to the difference in name. I myself have bought the Lifetap II augs at both camps.
Maelin Starpyre

Dakat

I hear they are nerfing some of the missions. Lot of people are doing one mission over and over. One in particular only takes 3 minutes to do. In a full group each member was getting 38 gems.  It one for the cave. Theres some basalisk at the front. You invis the group, paci your way to the named. Kill him and your done. Mobs were real spread out so if you get the right spawn, you don't even have to pacify.

Zesh

Quote from: Knodey on February 28, 2005, 03:13:22 PM
From what i have seen they are the same items , good and bad both sides have the same equip. so your idea about getting two Ft3 Augs and two 125 LT augs is kinda outta the question.

Even though both camps have items of the exact same stats, they have different names. So if someone wanted to they "could" do it with alot of faction grinding. example: a person could do Alliance camp untill they got thier Aug. Then do alot of Dark Reign faction Tasks until they where able to goto the Dark Reign camp and do those.

So no its not out of the question, just a little extra effort.

bham

Quote from: Zesh on March 03, 2005, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: Knodey on February 28, 2005, 03:13:22 PM

Even though both camps have items of the exact same stats, they have different names. So if someone wanted to they "could" do it with alot of faction grinding. example: a person could do Alliance camp untill they got thier Aug. Then do alot of Dark Reign faction Tasks until they where able to goto the Dark Reign camp and do those.

So no its not out of the question, just a little extra effort.

It took me a little while to get my head around it too, but the faction is irrelvant. All you need is enough good crystals and enough evil crystals to pay for them and you are set. To earn the crystals you might need to group with someone who has the faction to start the missions, but your faction is irrelevant. Then you just invis past the guards and buy what you want off the merchant.

After todays patch I think the crystals are droppable again, so if you are doing evil faction, you could just buy or trade for the required number of good crystals, invis to the good merchant and buy whatever you want.
Bertox