Main Menu

Some people..

Started by Dasquid, February 24, 2005, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

Lately I have been offering up 100k for loot rights to Savage Platinum Fists. Since  I cant get any of my friends to go to PoFire because they always seem to be raiding when I am on. I know there are better weapons out there, but I like the idea of the pet proc weapon, plus I have about 415k plat and nothing to spend it on.  So anyway, I get the usual avalanche of tells when I ooc in the baz "If you are PoFire flagged and interested in making 100k plat, send me a tell"

One guy sends me a tell saying "your offer isnt worth it, it only comes out to about 20k per person, make it 100k per person and it might be worth it"  500k? For Savage Platinum Fists? I told him for that price he should get me an Ethereal Destroyer.  Is he just greedy? or is SPF rare enough that I shouldnt bother? What do you guys think?

Jkal_Shihar

The guys an ass  :evil: 100k is more then reasonable to me. Whether its 20k per person or what not. I've been wanting the same weapon myself and during my break my friends kid got jkal PoF flag. Which, I wish he wouldve asked me though.
Now I cant find anyone to go just like you.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Khayden

My advice would be to find a cleric and ranger and then persuade them to camp in fire before a patch and log back in soon after.

Kill any field one named which have popped.  If no luck then come back next patch day.

There's usually one up after a patch, sometimes two - eventually you'll get lucky.  This way you're not asking them to camp low xp trash for hours just for the chance of one.

And that guy was a grade A moron.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Tastian

The drop is really random/rare(ish) now.  Actually camping it just for the SPFs would be a bit of a pita.  I saw a few pairs drop while camping Gimel quest pieces.  Actually saw a couple drop while camping the belt for some people.  If you can find people that are possibly interested in other drops that helps.  Also checking after patches or solo'n the F1 trash (if you can) until the names are up works.  Personally I've sent /tells to atleast a dozen beastlords over the years letting them know spfs were rotting.  Just seems like one of those cases where it's better to be lucky than hard working.  8P  Good luck though they are a really great item for us.  8)

Stingite

I've complained about this before . . . they either need to up the exp from field one trash (make the mobs harder if necessary) or up the chances of a named mob spawning . . . or . . . something . . . .  Dragging people to camp this item makes me feel like I'm torturing them with slow exp gains and crappy intelligence caster candle wax burns on their bare flesh.

Dasquid

Went to PoF after servers came back up on patch day. 2 named up in first courtyard, both dropped Ivory Candle Skull. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Thanks for the tip though.