Main Menu

Level 61 and Solo and Homeless.. Now What??

Started by Zeek Noblesquire, March 03, 2005, 12:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeek Noblesquire

I have read, and re-read many of the posts here and am still not sure where to go to grind out a couple levels  :|

I hit Velks from 58-61 and Loved it, i could take 20 mobs and never med and I did not have KEI or Virt... very fast and easy exp...

Call me spoiled, but I am looking for more of the same at level 61.. Velks slowed way down now that most of the spiders are Lt. Blue..  :x

Was thinking mainly of Greig's... I like the zone, but I have to get Virt at least, and the hours I play (Night mainly) there are not as many Virt casters available.... Ho Hum... And I have to med much more here than in Velks...

I can live with GE, but if anyone has a better idea, I am all ears  :-D

I know... Zeek is a spoiled rotten little bratt that wants his exp handed to him on a silver platter! Lol.... Nah, I just have to start back to School soon and was hoping to make 65 as soon as I can...   :wink:

So anyone know of a place that may be similar to Velks at level 61-65ish?? Naddox mabye?

Thanks in advance fer yer help!

----Zeek Noblesquire
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Hereki

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am sure you have asked this question before (a couple of levels ago) and are going to get the same answer:

Fungus Grove is an option.  Mushrooms, buff with DR (I think it's DR, if not it's PR), and Savagery.

Nadox is ok, but it's slow.  Mobs hit relatively hard, and have a lot of hps.

Grieg's End is ok, you should be able to handle it.

Nurga is ideal.  You want tier 3 or 4.  You may get some short duration fears, usually from the necros (death caller, etc), sometimes from the sks (blood knight, etc).  Make sure that you have some MR gear and keep the buffs on you.    You will resist most casts simple through level.  Nurga is the fastest solo exp from 62-65, and possibly at lower levels as well.

Anywhere you go, the ideal for the fastest experience is to get a few light blues in the mix - you want the lowest dark blue mobs around, and getting a couple of light blues just proves their level.

Terrya Anuuazz

If you read over the areas to hunt, you'll see that there are some common re-occurrances of suggestions.  Nurga, Droga, and GE are perhaps zones that were simply designed for the soloing beastlord.  For Droga, I'd most definately advise gettting hobble of spirits, but GE does not give you any runners.  I have time and time again suggested GE to beastlord friends and just about any class that wants a place to solo.  What I've found is that GE is very easy for beasts because of our slow.  I've been soloing in GE since I first learned about it at 65, but I think if you use caution, you could easily solo it at 61 if you use caution.  Even now that GE is not a hotspot zone, I can still solo an AA faster there (about 1 hour, 20 min) than I can in UP (about 1 hour 45 min) simply due to the fact that I can kill 3 or 4 GE mobs in the time it takes me to kill one UP mob.  There is a reason you hear beastlords speak so highly of GE; simply put, it's most likely the best investment of your time if you are going to solo.  Anywhere there are Dark Blue mobs you can get experience, so there are tons of viable places to hunt.  But don't beastlords serverwide will always find a good time in GE.  

Will it be slow at 61? a bit I'm sure, but if you are careful, you'll do well.  I would suggest if you plan to hang out in GE to at least get 62 for the new pet though, since it will most likely be tough going at 61.  If you do find GE too rough to be efficient, then try out Nurga... Deep Nurga is viable up to 65.  

I personally spent large volumes of time in Droga once I picked up Hobble of Spirit.  Regardless of where you go though, find somewhere you enjoy going, and learn it well.  Any place you pick with experience giving mobs will do just fine, and there is nothing wrong with exploring the world to find that new secret spot.
Terrya Anuuazz
Level 70 Wildblood
The Tribunal

Nekokirei

Quote from: Hereki on March 03, 2005, 02:08:18 PM
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am sure you have asked this question before (a couple of levels ago) and are going to get the same answer:

Fungus Grove is an option.  Mushrooms, buff with DR (I think it's DR, if not it's PR), and Savagery.

MR and DR.  To be honest, with the barzar gear and LDoN--or other--augs,  that's available, you can almost forgo MR and DR and stick w/Savagery.  I've let all three wear off while in FG and resisted everything other than the occasional turn into the giant mushroom spell--can't recall name but you take 200 pt non-melee and have to fight as a giant pizzatopper for anywhere from 1-20 second.

Shadel Bandits otoh, are a different story--I've had no luck single pulling them and usually take a bit of a tail whippin'.  Stick with smackin' shrooms. =)

Benefits are merchants, banker, and you're not off in yonfarcountry.

QuoteNurga is ideal.  You want tier 3 or 4.  You may get some short duration fears, usually from the necros (death caller, etc), sometimes from the sks (blood knight, etc).  Make sure that you have some MR gear and keep the buffs on you.    You will resist most casts simple through level.  Nurga is the fastest solo exp from 62-65, and possibly at lower levels as well.

/nod
Went back and stuck with Tier 3--from stabber remmy room, found I could continue killing past Rebellious Goblin into Angry Goblin room.  Was really nice AA  and not so-bad regular XP--both at level 60.

QuoteAnywhere you go, the ideal for the fastest experience is to get a few light blues in the mix - you want the lowest dark blue mobs around, and getting a couple of light blues just proves their level.

That bit of advice from you Hereki has *never* failed me.  It's amazing how hard headed folks are about it though--you practically have to drag them kicking and screaming and show them.

On a side note, since dinging 50ish, I don't look too  close at xp per kill prefering per hour as a metric, however, my first time in PoV, I checked the ol'AAxp bar and nearly....well, let's just say it was a pleasurable thing to see that one kill was more blue than I'd seen in a long time.  After a couple of hours, I was like a freakin' meth addict. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Oneiromancer

Torgiran Mines should be decent for you.  The best place to start is the big cavern area with the bridge over the lava.  These mobs are pretty much all single pulls, although running to the other end of the bridge is tough because of targeting issues.  But now that your pet survives Invis, it's not an issue anymore.  Anyway, if you can survive there fine, you might want to move North into the fortress, where there are some pretty good drops from the named there.  There are a few camps that drop good items, and one is a FT1 necklace.  There's a post on the boards somewhere detailing the camps.  I only went there at 65, but even with very low AAs at the time, the place was a piece of cake; I never ever came close to dying.  I am sure there are some good places for a 61 Beastlord to go (although it will be much better when you hit 62 and get that new pet).

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Zeek Noblesquire

:oops:

Yah, its true. But Different people sometimes have different answers...

And There are a bunch of great ones in this post, thanks.  Really liked the post on GE, mayhaps I am in the right place after all... Cant wait to get to 62 though, have the pet spell in the bank atm... I have heard tell that it is a really nice new pet, A great upgrade indeed...

I appreiciate all the replys  :-D

----Zeek Noblesquire
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Grbage

Veksar is another good zone. Start witht he gobbies at zi and as you level you work in deeper. As a whole the mobs are single pullable with a little practice. This zone has a mix of live and undead mobs so pick up some ITU potions in the bazaar then switch back and forth between ITU and invis for exploration.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Zeek Noblesquire

Nurga is ideal.  You want tier 3 or 4.  You may get some short duration fears, usually from the necros (death caller, etc), sometimes from the sks (blood knight, etc).  Make sure that you have some MR gear and keep the buffs on you.    You will resist most casts simple through level.  Nurga is the fastest solo exp from 62-65, and possibly at lower levels as well.

Went to Nurga last night and wow, talk about a great place to grind out some decent exp...  I saw all the posts about this place, but hesitated to go because I took such a whooping in my low 50's there.

When I went in, I shrunk myself and my pet, turned to the right and swam up the water fall.. the first 20 or so mobs were light blue to me at 61.  Then as I started to get deeper in, they all turned Dk Blue.

All in all, very easy kills, they cast alot and I have fairly good resists so I was just whooping on them as they were casting spells and doing literally no damage to me... even the Sneaks and other Melee mobs were not real tough...  Had to watch them when they would flee at the end... One or two dd ice spells handled that...

I highley reccomend this zone to anyone who is grinding, or even looking for a new and decent zone to adventure in... very easy solo... I even quit slowing to save mana for dd spells and buffs...

If the exp stays good till 65, I plan to stay here till 65 and explore the whole cavern...

One word of advice to anyone who plans to go there,  Bring either a gate potion, or a Worker's Sledgemallet to zone out unless you just plan on logging right there.  I like to play the bazaar, so it is a long run back!  But my Worker's Sledgemallet gets me to the Overthere so it is not so bad...  :-D

Well thanks for the great suggestion as always  :mrgreen:

----Zeek Noblesquire
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Nekokirei

Hafta admit, returned to Nurga meself.  After hitting 62 and AA'ing, bought CA2 and figured that with gear and new warder  I'd be the shizznit  and just make the Scaret Desert side of GE my home.

Wrong.  The only way that worked was having Virt/Vict and KEI--which inevitably a Mangled Clarevoyant would dispell.  Said the hell with it, stocked up on Fuzzcutter and Misty Thickets and moved back into Nurga.  Working the Tier 4 (?) mobs--the yellow D's on the Nurgolpedia map.  Good mix of DB and LB.  Completely doable with my mix of gear+ AA+self buffs.  Pretty much live with Boil Blood(might be ignite not positive) in my buff box but resist most everything else--though there are some DDs that get through and of course the HTs.  Did a couple of EF adventures and bought the aug that procs Mirror I, not incredibly useful but it's pretty cool when that 5% chance to reflect works and a mob ends up dotted with its own dot.  :evil:

Haven't been there long enough to get a good handle on the time/AA ratio, but it seems a lot better than what I was doing in GE w/the downtime from the poundings or OOM.  Also, have gotten some ok gear from named--pretty handy as I've got a baby SHD and thusfar, everything that's dropped is twinkage for her.  Granted, not uber gear, but it's free.   :mrgreen:

I still can't get over how much milage Nurga has in it for beasts.

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Grbage

Easy way to deal with mobs that HT. Send in pet first. When a chunk of their HP's disappear with one shot it is safe to start meleeing.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nekokirei

Thanks Grbage! That's been working really well.  It's also helped with the DoTs--granted, Fuzzbutt grumbles a tad, but he gets over it. =D
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Sorien

I might go back in and try Nurga again.  I tried it at the lower 50'S and was just disgusted at myself.  It took me too long to get any decent xp.  I think w/62 pet and my new equipment, I might be able to crush these guys. :)  Let ya know how it goes. :)

Nekokirei

Sarinth,

I'm usually down there for an hour or so on weekday mornings anywhere between 5:30ish-7:15ish.  Weekday evenings--except Mondays as I have class--anytime after 6:00 up to 11:30 but it's really a gamble as to when I'll be on.  If you add to friends list and see me down there, send a tell and I'll show you the area I'm camping.   There's actually quite a bit of room for two lvl 62 soloing beastlords--Tiroon and I never stepped on each other's paws over the weekend. =D  OH! All times are PST.

Hereki is right about Tier 4 being optimal for a 62 Bst to solo AAs--in a couple of days went from CA2 to CA3 and have 2 AA banked.

Not bad plat down there either.  I'm not averaging anything insane like 5k an hour,, more like a couple hundred--gems and plat, no idea about  named drops as it's all either  going to an alt, guild bank, or tribute.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Sorien

Nice!  Thanks for the offer.  I might have to take you up on it in the next few days. :) 

FYI, I went over to GE last night and today just to check it out since it is recommended as well.  I can semi chain solo them at times, but it is not as efficient as I want it to be.  I get interruptions in between with the Dress wearing guys because I have to sit and BW up to 95% for a bit longer from their spell casting damage.  I guess if I had better resists it wouldn't be so bad, but I do not like to waste a peridot every five minutes...  Looks like I might go back there in a few more lvls or AA'S and try it out. 

Oh well, I will probably be on tomorrow looking around in Nurga, so expect a tell from me :)

Thanks again for the offer!

Nekokirei

Cool!  Didn't get a chance to log on last night, and guess they're patching this AM.=(

I think Hereki or Oneri pointed out that Luclin mobs have insane regen and high AC--making GE not so optimal for our level, but, if you can hang in GE, more power to ya.  I loved the AA I was getting at the SD side, but it was so slow due to down time.  If I could chain or even moderately keep a steady flow I'd be back.  Damned dispelling mobs! =)

Yesterday morning, I went though and timed Nurga and watched AA bar--in an hour and 45 minutes got 70% of an AA with steady slaughtering of gobos.  Had KEI and Virt andlogged when they faded.  Figure the AA/time ratio wil go down some w/o them but can't imagine it'll be such a huge difference as to be frustrating like GE.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to