Main Menu

Level 61 and Solo and Homeless.. Now What??

Started by Zeek Noblesquire, March 03, 2005, 12:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

GE mobs were really best back when 65 was the max, and you had a good number of AAs, and some nice dps.  Beastlords are best when soloing mobs that they can just mow through; for GE to be good experience, you need to be quite a bit more powerful than the mobs but still have them be dark blue.  Now that the level cap is 70, GE mobs are still good for those who had lots of AAs before the cap raised, but if you are just rising through the levels now you'll have to figure it out for yourself.  In general I usually avoided the guys in the robes and instead killed the lunatic and alien mobs.  I had a nice loop that started about halfway to the center on the Dawnshroud side, looped past the gate to the center and back around...I think at the time I quit I could finish about 3/4 of the loop before I got repops where I had started.

I was going to extol the virtues of Torgiran Mines again, but then I realized that I already did so earlier in this thread.  :)  I don't know how good it is at 62...I really didn't solo much until 65+ a few AAs, since I was lucky enough to get PoV and BoT groups during my grind to 65, and only when I got sick of that did I solo when LFG for LDoN (and later I just preferred soloing rather than bother waiting around in WoS for a group).  But I think TM should work out okay for a 62, even without the 65 slow.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nekokirei

Tried Torg Mines--it was ok at 62, but the camp spots were pretty much taken and I kept stepping folks toes.  Tried it again, found different groups there.  On Stromm, your secret is out Oneri. =D
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Sorien

Yeah, if I could find a good spot where there are only those lunatics, I would be there permenantly since I can mow through them pretty easily.  hehe  When I solo, I do not like to get outside buffs, so it's just all my buffs & such which is probably why I am having problems with the robe guys.  The only fact that I think I can semi solo the robe caster guys is because I invested in the First Aid 3 AA & got myself an Embalmers Skinning Knife.  This let's me sit and med and BW up when the robe caster guy is down to 40 - 45 %, but I usually have to wait for a good 1 - 4 minutes after killing one of them.  The other guys are easy & I get up right after MOB dies to go get the next.

I went to Nurga last night.  I think I found a pretty good spot.  that let's me kill non-stop.  I went up the Waterfall to the Stabber Remmy fountain and fought my way through all the LB'S until I found DB'S.  From there, I went north into a place that had two Taskmaster Named on the map.  One in a little alcove off to the North, and the other with a bunch of gobbies off to the east.  I went north and found myself in a rotation of killing maybe 10 - 13 Gobbies where the Taskmaster Named should pop (Did three rotations & never seen him).  It was good because I had a few LB'S scattered through the rotation which let me med while pet was killing the LB.  I will probably add a few more mob's in the rotation hopefully which will allow me to kill without waiting for the next pop.

Spent maybe an hour & some minutes in that spot which gave me a net of around 200pp and two or three gems.  The XP was pretty nice.  I entered Nurga with 20% AA & in about three hours got to ~82% AA.  The first two hours though were spent exploring and killing LB'S.  Can't wait for this patch to be over with so I can get back in and see what more I can do.  :)

Sorien

Yup, just looked at the Nuralopedia.  I was in section D in Taskmaster Crizz's camp :)

Nekokirei

There ya go Sarinth!  I run the hall that leads to Taskmaster Hufflan.  I start at the Droga zoneline and clear to  tunnel,  cross the cavern and work down the wall to Hufflan, clear the alcove,  work up the other wall back to the Droga line.

Try that if Crizz gets dull--he's only popped for me once but Hufflan pops a lot.   Like I said, Tiroon and I never even bumped tails down there.  Tir was working the Jopela section and I was working the Hufflan section.

Place is fantastic for beasts.  I'm freakin' loved in Chardok--"your standing with Brood of Di'zok could not possibly get any better" =)

FYI, If you're looking for Di'zok faction, keep the Mt Death Mineral Salts and Green Goblin skins to turn into to the Herald just inside Chardok.  I say that b/c I sold the stuff off as vendor trash before realising it was worth faction--handy for those Cleric Epic Chardok raids not worry aobut angry aggro. =D
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Nekokirei on May 11, 2005, 05:31:30 PM
Tried Torg Mines--it was ok at 62, but the camp spots were pretty much taken and I kept stepping folks toes.  Tried it again, found different groups there.  On Stromm, your secret is out Oneri. =D

Ah, well...I was on Kane Bayle, where highly populated meant 200 people in the Bazaar and 75 in PoK.../mourn KB.  Well, maybe not /mourn, because near the end it was just getting silly...too underpopulated.  Anyway...that's definitely too bad, I don't really have any other suggestions.  :P

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tiroon

What? Torgiran crowded? *sigh*. I spent quite a bit of time there at 60/61 when there was a nice mix of dark and light blue mobs in the big area around the Dulak zone in. At 62 I had to find different mobs and found the dark blues now to be very hard hitters. I promised myself to come back later after getting a few AA's. Ahh well, I hope the fashion fades and I'll be able to go there sometime i the future. 

Quote from: Nekokirei on May 11, 2005, 08:53:26 PM
Like I said, Tiroon and I never even bumped tails down there.  Tir was working the Jopela section and I was working the Hufflan section.

Yes I usually work Thabis/Joepla and pull the bloodthirsty rat's placeholder out of rebellious goblin's room to Joe's area. Nice mix of casters and melees with the chance of getting at least 1 of the 3 nameds. 

All the nameds pop pretty regularly. On two occasions I even manged to get the full tier 4 collection: Thabis, Joepla, Bloodthirsty Rat, Crizz and Huflam  8-)

Quote from: Nekokirei on May 11, 2005, 08:53:26 PM
Place is fantastic for beasts.  I'm freakin' loved in Chardok--"your standing with Brood of Di'zok could not possibly get any better" =)

FYI, If you're looking for Di'zok faction, keep the Mt Death Mineral Salts and Green Goblin skins to turn into to the Herald just inside Chardok.  I say that b/c I sold the stuff off as vendor trash before realizing it was worth faction--handy for those Cleric Epic Chardok raids not worry about angry aggro. =D

Salts and skins are at a premium in bazaar after Chardok B became a hot zone and people discovered just how big a pain it is to get to Chardok B while kos in Chardok. Nice thing about salts/skins is that they improve Sarnak Collective faction as well. I'm back to amiable with the Sarnaks in The Overthere even though i killed so many of them for the gate hammer that I became non-kos to the Cabilis guards. :lol:

And don't forget to go for the damage shield ring as soon as you get the necessary faction. The quest is very doable solo at 62 and I love the insta-click damage shield for fighting unslowables. Sure I have to make a run to Chardok every so often for a recharge but ususlly I need some drink as well and can combine the two things.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nekokirei

Ti,

Little off topic--have you ever noticed Boil or Ignite Blood overwritng and blocking Chlroplast?  I noticed last night when I'd get hit with one ofthem, Chlro would "dispell" as it were, and I when I'd try to recast I'd get "You spell would not ahve taken on your target" (paraphrasing there).  Once Boil or Ignite wore off, I could recast.

I've never known that to happen prior to the patch and sorta puts a crimp in my style!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Prelgor

Quote from: Nekokirei on May 12, 2005, 05:19:36 PM
Ti,

Little off topic--have you ever noticed Boil or Ignite Blood overwritng and blocking Chlroplast?  I noticed last night when I'd get hit with one ofthem, Chlro would "dispell" as it were, and I when I'd try to recast I'd get "You spell would not ahve taken on your target" (paraphrasing there).  Once Boil or Ignite wore off, I could recast.

I've never known that to happen prior to the patch and sorta puts a crimp in my style!

I can confirm that at least part of this is not new after this patch.  I had been having it happen a lot lately from the necro mobs in Acrylia Caverns.  According to Lucy, Chloroplast gives HP regen in slot 1, while Ignite/Boil Blood do their DOT thing in slot 1 also.  I haven't tried this since the patch, but what used to happen to me often was this:  Chloro up, get hit with BB/IB, Chloro icon is still up.  I did NOT used to notice the spell icon go away.  I never looked closely enough to see if I was still getting the HP regen from Chloro.  If Chloroplast wore off just before or during the fight with the necro, I was unable to renew Chloro until after the DOT had faded, just as you mentioned.  From what you say, it sounds like now, the DOT is dispelling the buff instead of temporarily overriding it.  Bug or feature? 

My first thought for a workaround was to start putting Chloroplast at the top of my stack of buffs.  That way, I could dispell the BB/IB, rebuff, and move on.  Sadly, I have a hazy recollection of all dispells being changed to random rather than from the top.  "Random" is of course defined as (60% chance, KEI; 30% chance, Virtue; 10% chance, any of the rest). :)  Can anyone confirm this?  The DOT not being poison or disease makes it hard to remove.  Are there any other ways to get rid of it selectively? 

Of course, my usual, practical workaround was simpler.  Go single-pull a caster mob while the DOT wears off.  The mobs casts (or tries to) while Binky and I interrupt it (thank you, warder stun procs!).  I have decent Magic Resistance.  Very few blue-con mobs have high BFS resistance (Big ... Stick).  I take nearly no damage and end up with a dead mob.  Renew regen buff, pop Greater Healing as needed, and look for something else to kill. :) 

Tiroon

I never had the necro dot dispel anything unless you count the one time where I had KEI on top and no buff slot free. (/kick self)

My experience is pretty much matches what Prelgor writes. Chloroplast does not land if one of those dots is running and Chloroplast is not already up, i.e. I can refresh Chloroplast without problem. Last time I looked, the dots killed most regen but not all of it (standing regen was down to something like 3 HP/tick) so I put it into the "minor nuisance basket" and forgot about it. I just live with them landing and keep working on fire resist.

I was in Nurga last night too and I cannot recall having had to recast Chloroplast unless when it was dieing of old age. Then again I was there with a cleric and a pally so looking at my health bar and casting heals were not foremost on my mind. 8-)

Quote from: Prelgor on May 12, 2005, 09:40:52 PM

My first thought for a workaround was to start putting Chloroplast at the top of my stack of buffs.  That way, I could dispel the BB/IB, rebuff, and move on.  Sadly, I have a hazy recollection of all dispels being changed to random rather than from the top.  "Random" is of course defined as (60% chance, KEI; 30% chance, Virtue; 10% chance, any of the rest). :)  Can anyone confirm this?  The DOT not being poison or disease makes it hard to remove.  Are there any other ways to get rid of it selectively? 

I thought if we dispelled ourselfs it would be top to bottom.

Mobs' dispels work depending on how the dev felt. They have different dispels like oldest first, random etc. in their tool kit. All in all the dispels in Nurga are not too bad given that the mobs cast it on themselves half the time and it seems completely random what buff they hit when cast on a player.

It will be interesting to see what the changes made with the last two patches brought. The changes regarding fear made with the April patch seems to have pretty much stopped the Nurga mobs casting it. I've seen a necro do it last week but the days of them chaining it seem a thing of the past. Of course not casting fear gives them more of a chance to cast Annul Magic.....

Does anyone know what changes were made to Ingite/Boil Blood with the last patch? I hope they did not give it much more power lol, it just lands too often on me.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

DontPetBear

I was fighting in Torg Mines right after patch and Boil Blood was overwriting Chloro.  Usually gone a minute or so after fight was over, so not a big deal.  But i don't remember ever resisting it either.  My buff was in various spots when overwritten, none of them the 1st spot.

I remember fighting in AC a long time ago, and i was unable to click my fungi stick if boil was up.  It didn't overwrite it then though.  While this isn't a big deal to me at 68 with a bunch of worn regen, I bet it will slow down many others there.

Also, I was bored and killing the Dread/Deathguards down in the lower areas.  They gave really good exp., like 3 kills=1 blue bubble of AA.  Nice exp. just really boring i think.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord