Main Menu

Fire solo at 70

Started by Kaynin, September 30, 2004, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreead

Quote from: Tastian on June 20, 2005, 05:04:49 PM
Sometimes you have a big string of slow resists too.  I usually have atleast one string of 6+ in the course of a small grinding session.  9+ isn't uncommon. 

Also learn the different mobs there.  If I'm just grinding off vet exp then I won't bother with chaplains because they can CH a lot and I don't always get the pet procs when I need to stop them.  The casters are pretty easy and with AA/lifetaps I don't even bother to slow them hehe.  Again though it will depend.  The mobs are all easily single pullable.  I'd just float over and head out to the charm birds spot, set up and then pull the fire mob there by the steps.  Play it safe at first until you get a feel for it, but you shouldn't have much trouble.

Different people different preferances! Though I do hate when I get that string of slow resists.

Regarding the chaplains i love them! Sometimes I'm low on HP and I want them to CH themselves just so I can leach my HP back.
Field 1, and the mephits in c1 seem to mess me up much more then the soldiers of fire, and are less xp. MAy just be me, but I always have to heal while fighting them.

-Gariyn I would love to say yes you can, but I really don;t think it would be efficiant(sp) for you to solo in fire. With your lack of life tap procs, and no healing aa's I think you would have much downtime. But I am not positive on this.

kharthai

Thanks for this.  I just recently got fire flagged, way late yes I know :P and have been messing around there.  C1 is pretty good, at least compared to other places I'm used to (soloing, that is).  Definitely seems to be the occasional mob that'll resist 6+ slows, but a nice change of pace and fairly simple to do, easy pulls especially.

Tastian

By casters I meant the magus and diviners.  They hardly melee and lifetap procs cover it for me. 

Also when it comes to being low on hps I just don't usually find myself in that situation, but if I am I will usually let my pet tank for a bit while I burn replenish on it and then it get back down to enrage level hps before stepping back in.  Play style/gear/luck/etc will all impact it.  Seems like I keep getting a solider of fire or something that I bounce 5+ slows on.  The other night I had a mob down to 43% hps before slow actually stuck on the mob.  /boggle

Kanan

Dunno why I hadn't thot of c1 before for xping.. has been great the past week or so.  Nice steady 6%/kill, taking abt 2 mins/kill (90 sec slow cast to pull em to fire bird setup wears off around 15 to 20%).  The healing and crack potions help a lot too in saving/restoring mana.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Dancolen

Hmm, not related to Fire exp, tho I could ask how hard for a 600aa bst 6850 unbuffed to play in here.... tho I got an answer in another thread...

But off topic.. what is needed to get people into Solro chamber and kill solro.

I know you can zone into solro tower with WW kill
Ive heard that in addition to the minis, you need Rallos.

My question is this...
We have about 10 or so fully flagged with every flag up to SolRo's dead mug, barring no ele god kills as 10 people cant do much in earth/air/water.

Do you know if we can do MB, Rallos, run mini raids, and everyone will get into chamber(assuming most did WW kills).

Yes, its not that hard to do LMM, HoHx3, AD, TT, Bert, Hedge, Grummus, Carprin, Saryrn.... TZ/VZ... but it does get time consuming.
Im just wondering what is required minimally to get into chamber without 85ing.... 
And then I assume, even if we can get the WW killers in.. that they will have to redo full flag up to solro tower to get into fire...  tho im not sure.

Basically when you click solro chamber, does it just check rallos/minis....  or does it check solro tower flag... not just the key from WW

Dreead

Just need the 5 sol ro minis to get into the chamber.

But do you plan on solo'ing this? Since this is the level 70 solo hunting grounds forum.

Dancolen

No...

Just...  was asking what was required to get into the zone so i could solo... so it... was...  sorta on target.. ok i missed it by a mile..

/sigh.. I said it was offtopic.
Just wanting to solo in fire and possibly get SPFs, but still held back because of issues with chamber :(

Sides, im not 10k unbuffed, so i probably get one rounded in fire  :P

JillieMT

Quote from: Dreead on August 25, 2005, 03:26:21 PM
Just need the 5 sol ro minis to get into the chamber.

But do you plan on solo'ing this? Since this is the level 70 solo hunting grounds forum.

Actually, none of the Hunting Grounds forums are restricted to solo information only. Duos, groups, any hunting at all is perfectly acceptable.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Shieara

Kind of as an aside here.  We found out that hard way that if you have the alternate access to Sol Ro, even if you do the five mini-bosses you still cannot zone into chamber.  Apparently you need full and legal access to Sol Ro to get in.

This was a couple months ago though so maybe it has changed.

Tannyon

Yes and no. We've done SolRo several times, so here is his current thing about that:

* if you are gimped into SolRo through the WW kill, you cannot zone into SolRo's chamber by yourself; you will need to be piggy'd into a raid using the 80/20 rule (meaning for every group of 5 that zone into his chambers, 1 unflagged can zone in)

* bear in mind that if you wait outside SolRo's chamber for your raid to drop him, so you can run in and hail the projection when he dies, good luck. From the time SolRo dies to the time the Planar Projection despawns is a timed 5 minutes. If you try to zone into his chamber without a raid invite, you wont be able to if the raid numbers (above) dont work. If you are running to the Planar Projection and someone disbands the raid making you the odd man out, you get a 10-second warning before being auto-booted from the chamber, so get your invite and RUN FAST and hail!

* if you are piggy'd into his chamber and are part of the raid force that kills him, you need to zone into PoF from his chamber. Be ready to take a 20k hit when you do that. You will get the PoFire flag, but will die getting it.

* if you dont want to be piggy'd into SolRo's chamber, you need to have the 5 minis from SolRo killed and get their pre-flags, AND have killed Rallos Zek the Warlord. No way around it; just having the 5 minis isnt enough - you need legal access into SolRo.

Dancolen

Repop time in Field 1 Fire?

Just wondering.

Grbage

Quote from: Dancolen on August 25, 2005, 08:46:33 PM

Sides, im not 10k unbuffed, so i probably get one rounded in fire  :P

You don't need to be 10k unbuffed to solo fire, I found this out the hard way. Sitting around 7.7k buffed and was heading to C2 to join a group when invis dropped. Of course it did it at the worst time and was immediatly jumped. I was still looking healthy and had the gaurd down to 40% when there was an add. Since running wasnt going to do me any good I tried to take the sucker down anyway. Was able to slow the add then go back to killing the original mob. With both pounding on me the first mob died right before I did. Of course it does depend on your aa's, I hit the defensive ones long before getting any offensive aa's.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

like has been said here, the c1 mobs tend to only hit for max of just over 700.  Its a lil rough on the max hit triples that occasionally come out, but that's what the HoT potions are for.

I'll go in there with a stack of them & usually only leave after I've burned em, usually at one per mob when selfbuffed.  At lower hps, u might need them supplemented by self-healing, but it should still be good, doable xp there.

heh.. its totally ruined my ssra farming for tailoring.. so much great xp, so hard to pass on & get abt half a %/kill in ssra ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kherash

I love soloing in C1. At level 69, I can managed about 6-7% AA per kill. You just need to find the right spot to start (Not hard to find really.)

Although I am not a "top" end Beastlord, I still can managed C1 with eased. You just need the following:  1) Buffs: Convict/Virtue 2) some form of KEI 3) some HoT potions (not required, but very helpful 4) and Conviction/Virtue on pet (Really really helps. My pet can tank the guards without a hitch). 5) Some form of gate potion/item.

Zone in to Fire and have pet sit/hold at ZI. Levi + Invis up and head towards C1 (Right wall). Climb the right wall as high as you can and float down to top wall. Then, go down stairs and make a right to dead end (there will be on guard here). Make sure your ass is hitting the back wall/end and then summon your pet. The guard has a small aggro and will not come after you. Buff pet if you haven't and pull guard. I suggest poping your defensive ability while you "try" to slow him (might hit first time, might take 4-5 times). Once slowed, guard is good as dead. You should be able to single pull other guards without hassle (again, just watch roamer) using both levels.

When fully buffed, I am @9k in HPs w/ 217 AAs. I still think this can be done with less HPs/AC and AAs. If you do, make sure your pet is fully buff (Convict/Virtue) to take up the slack. You can self heal yourself while pet tanks the mob. Again, the exp is awesome without the hassle if done correctly. I do this all the time while waiting for groups.

Here is a quick map. Follow the pink writing.   :wink:

Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur