Best L 70 solo spots .. So far ..

Started by Tatter, March 03, 2005, 11:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleg

mpg is a uba place to solo, i get like 10-12% a kill

Dakat

Most people cant solo MPG, even if level 70. Now boxing thats a different story

Mahes

If you access, and decent gear (you don't need top-end Anguish gear, but some upper GoD, MPG raid stuff should suffice) you should check out the first castle in PoFire.

I solo there with self buffs and KEI, no pausing to med, and generally do the upper and lower level of both walls of the castle before repop.  Repop is about 40 mins.  Mobs usually require 1 heal per mob, if that.  I have 2 lifetaps, 11k unbuffed hps for reference.  For the most part, they will barely hit you and when they do, it's not for much.  Ends up about 6% per kill, can usually do an AA in 20-30 mins.

The main drawback is, it's boring as hell.  Aggro range is so tiny on those mobs and only named see invis, so essentially you just walk mob to mob and kill.  I'd guess it could be a bit slower depending on gear, but I'd imagine any level 70 BST with PoFire access could still do an AA per respawn.  Just easy exp in general.

Dreead

Mashes you need a magelo link! I keep clicking that name in your sig, but then nothing happens :(

Anyway, I will check out fire today with my lesser gear, roughly 7k unbuffed. But I will go with conviction. Ill post tomorrow if it was worth going there for me or not.

With 11k unbuffed, you most certainly put out much more dps then I could, so it might take me a bit longer to take mobs down.

Dreead

Barely over 11k!
And I meant that i'm roughy 7.7k unbuffed.

PS(dont mean to derail, but work and you know)
Whats max crit with VW3 with epic 2.0?

Mahes

Believe it's been 622 with Lion's (no disc or Growl), 708 with Lion's and Growl.

Dreead

Ok I did really well in Fire last night, was really much eaiser then I expected at c1.
First aa in about 38 minutes, 2nd in 36 minutes. Then I died had a lag spike and ran into 3 mobs but was fun anyway. I'm sure I'll be back there

Saab

PoFire C1..I need to check that as well...  I just tried Drunder Pit.. recently... seemed pretty good..  Iim 9100 un buffed, 510 + AA's
PoFire F1 sux xp wise..Valor is fast and easy comparitively. I duo C2 courtyard with a cleric friend ..was nice and easy...

Best Group spot these days is Nest instanced... red cons, undeads for cleric dps! and pretty easy kills. like or better than RS, but undead!

Zebrn Beasword

Kiting in the next nets good good exp, just need 3 people in the task or whatever.
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

KirishuRN

What are the names of the instanses for The Nest.

I have been trying to find them with very little luck.
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Zebrn Beasword

not sure of the name of the instance we use.  All I know is there is a big hole right near the zone in and we just kite around the zone in area.. its like the Tables of DoN
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Dakat

You do not need a Instance to zone into the Nest.  Zone into BL and go to center of the lake. Fall in the pit that looks like a volcano. You will not take any damage because you will zone before you reach the bottom. Soon as you zone in, you can look to your right for the little pad to zone back out.

I've zoned in on accident before when I ran into the large cavern in the center of the lake in BL. Remember the name, but never actually killed in there.

KirishuRN

There is also a zonout at the bottom of the pit if you happen to fall off the bridge. Wont matter to much though if you do not have levy because "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT" will get you zoned out to  :-)
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shieara

I found another spot with dark blues last night.  I certainly doubt it would be a "best spot", but it is likely to be uncrowded.  I'm talking about the hobgoblin caves in PoNightmare.  All easily slowed, hit for like 300 max but missed me a lot and rarely hit for full damage..   I kept myself going with ease using lifetap procs and the occasional heals when I got an add.  Singles are pretty easy to get but there are a few roamers so you have to watch yourself.  Loot:  occasional gems, tainted planar essance and hobgoblin meat spiced with several helpings of nothing.

I never bothered to download a mod for exp %, but it seemed like about 1/3 a blue per kill or a bit more.