Main Menu

Best L 70 solo spots .. So far ..

Started by Tatter, March 03, 2005, 11:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatter

I did this in the 65 - 69 forums and it not only helped me but others as well ..  So open up you ubers and let the mouse out of the bag . Where do I take my L 70 Wildblood Iksar  to solo ..  I want to secure  70 well then AA ..

I wantg efficent and fast moving ..  Not 20 minute fights for 5% exp  please .. Ok a few of those is ok for those who are liking that kind of battle .. I just like it the other way .. =0) .

Thanks in advance .
Feral Lord
Tatter [ http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1081882 ] L 70 BST
Tunare

Moogasourus

No offense Mr Rarrum (1000+ aa's Time geared Xev's Ubah Bst)
Im not sure WoS caves is for the average EP or less geared 70 bst.   I have roughly 6400 hp's unbuffed and 270 aa's.  WoS caves scare the crap out of me still 8P.   I am just to the point where I can semi tank in MPG with a decent healer.   

Just yesterday while waiting for a group to get there butts to MPG. I was in WoS at the ZI to MPG.  Nobody else in the zone buffed and waiting for others i decided to try a Kyv near the ZO.  It didnt take me long to realize i had to ZO.  The Kyv are a few lvl's higher then the murks I beleive but still.

From pharming gimp augs for my pud alts in H.S and Bloodfields I got really decent AA on LB mobs. Chewing them down with little downtime. prolly an aa in hour 15 min.  Plus without the worry of finding a rez because its pretty safe there.

Also with the addition of DoN. I started working on the faction quests.  lavaspinners zone is halfway decent aa as well.   With the lil xp gained for completing the tasks/quests

Pharmin tribute in Droga / GE / Veskar  is weak xp per kill but fast kills.

NC murks i think gave me 3% aa a kill but too much downtime for myself.. with kei and  worn FT10

I like to solo ALLOT in eq.   70 bst main toon and 67 necro alt.  ... I used to use my necro to pharm gear for my bst... as necro was much better at solo'n named mobs that acually dropped loot you could sell for tons of plat..

BUT the tide has turned a bit.... now I been solo'd necro (pud alt 3k hp's /flex ) and when the named dragorn pops.. i log the bst and invite a necro to help me kill it duo'd.... My Bst can disc and pet tank um down with help of necro dps.. lots of fun

/babble off

back to my point

Solo xp for average lvl 70 bst is best in H.S.....BF......DoN tasks/quests......Droga/GE

I assume (hope!) my guild will make it to Time in the next few months.   Will reply back in a few 100 aa's and more HP's AC ect ect.....

Moog

Tatter

Thank you finally answering ) . the the common man .. I dont have a lot I am not uber .. And nly got 130 AA or so .. hehe But What is BF ? And HS? ..  I think Howeling Stones >? .. Still lost on the BF .. hehe . So sorry .. Mabe .. Bloodfields ? ..
Feral Lord
Tunare

Grbage

Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

tiggerroo

Even if you aren't doing solo tasks, you can still xp in zones like Stillmoon Temple or the zone-in to The Ascent, for pretty good xp.  Just watch out for really large agro ranges in some spots.  Most of the time, I can pull singles or doubles unless I'm not paying attention.  At 70, the spiders in Lavaspinner's Lair are mostly light blue and green.  I didn't check the drakes.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

Iskandar

Where to go at 70 for decent solo exp will depend a lot on your gear. What's easy for one of us may be a suicide run for you, so test the waters and be very careful before you commit to a new soloing spot. Study the maps as best you can and explore some if you can while invis to learn the lay of the land.

For me, I like The Ascent in DoN -- there's several spots there that make excellent camps, or just clear up and down the trail. Dispell the mobs a time or two to make them run at a normal speed (I pull with dispell there) and it's a fairly easy exp zone for well geared Beastlords. This may not be a good spot for a player with weak gear however -- I suggest trying the lone puma that paths to just outside the zonein room... if things are going poorly, the zone is just a few steps away, and if it goes well... well, you're gold :)  On the bad side, lots and lots and lots of folks come here for DoN progressions quests, killing everything they see in bulk, so it's often hard to find a spot out of their way.

Stillmoon Temple has a few decent spots to set up camp at too -- I suggest avoiding the entry courtyard and the first few rooms off from the staircase, as these are pulled heavily for people doing progression tasks, and avoid the direct hallway path to The Ascent zone, as many of the game's less considerate players like to just train through. Again, dispell the mobs before you slow them (let the warder take a round or two while you do this) to keep the runners moving slow. The dojo, the temple, the bathhouse, the library, either of the gardens -- these are all excellent out-of-the-way spots to set up camp at.

Grieg's End on Luclin also has some good exp there -- the central area past the iron grate door (when coming from Dawnshroud) is dark blue at 70. The mobs have low hp, low dps, and offer about 1% AA a kill, maybe a bit over. Before DoN I gained quite a few AA very very easily here, plus tribute from the named drops -- self buffed only, I could easily handle multiples (though, again, gear makes a lot of difference -- obviously, you don't want to try multiples if you have trouble with a single :-P). I don't recall any ever trying to run, and the spacing of the mobs makes it ideal for solo or small groups to pull. This was a great spot, because the mobs allowed for fast low-stress kills that allowed the AA exp to add up fast :)

Bloodfields and Harbinger's Spire in OoW are about equal in terms of mob level and difficulty -- the difference being that Harbinger's Spire has Girplan and Dragorn, while Bloodfields is Muramite models. The procs from the two types of mobs are different, so go with what you resist the best. At 70, mobs in both zones are light blue near the zonein from Dranilk's Scar, scaling up to dark blue the further in you go -- so the further in you go, the less solo-friendly the mobs become. Exp is the same in both zones -- a bit under 1% AA for light blues, a bit over 1% up to about 2% for dark blues.

Nobles Causeway I had mixed experiences there... I could solo the Murkgliders in the valleys, but never had good success with the Muramites or Dragorn. Downtime will be heavy here -- I suggest a C and an Oak if you can get it to help with mana regen. You can test the waters here by dropping down into the valley to the left of the path near the Dranik's Scar zone and pull the first Murkglider you see a short ways down... pull him far back, as they will try and run, and there is a wanderer that paths down close to where the first Murkglider spawns. Exp per kill here was good, a bit over 2% a pop, sometimes 3%, but the kills-per-hour was low, making this zone unsatisfactory for me personally.

The Elemental Planes, such as Nightmare, offer some fast easy solo experience too. The mobs are fairly easy, ranging in con from light blue to dark blue, and giving about 1% a kill for light blue and around 2% for dark blue. Pulls can be fast, downtime is light, and it's decent exp-per-hour... but respawn can be slowish, especially if several groups are hunting there, and pulls can often bring adds due to all the wanderers.

In Taelosia, Riwwi was good solo exp too. Personally, I found this no more difficult than Nightmare... but the gear plays a large role there, as others call this zone a pita :lol:  Exp is about 2% a kill.. best strategy, choose a zone tunnel system and keep it cleared -- this keeps you close to the zone if you need to bail, and helps you avoid wanderers. Set up at the end of one of the side canals that branch off the straight path to the zone to avoid the inevitable trains.

The kennels near the zoneline in Quinimi were a popular spot for me before Riwwi also, though I don't recall if they were blue or light blue at 70. Each kennel can be single pulled, and many groups or soloists just set up near the Natimbi zonein to avoid wanderers. There are three static spawns between the zone and the kennels, plus two wanderers that path into the valley. On the bad side, those wanderers are placeholders for two named mobs that are needed for the BiC quest... they're mean. Very mean. If the placeholders are nonaggro (stonemites), just leave them alone, as these guys spawning on your head is NOT fun :-D

I hope some of that is of help to you :)
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Dakat

Lavasoinner's Lair in the back, all the drakes are blue. I really didn't check the exp cause I wasn't there that long.

The only bad thing is you are pretty far from an exit. If you get in trouble, which can happen even to the best of us, you would have a real long run to the zone out. Boxing a druid or wizard would be wise.

Just be careful. Mobs were hitting around 300s while named was hitting around 450.

Tatter

Good stuff man thanks so much . .Lots to try ..
Feral Lord
Tunare

Dreead

I solo in PoMicheif a lot. Usually I just invis, kill some stuff, invis run around, get lost. find some new place I don't remember and kill more stuff. I think I was getting 4% per kill for giddy monkeys? they hit for about 400, but miss a lot. I dont know how i got there, just wandering around.

Tatter

They nerfed the Annull of sow / selos .. on mobs in  stillmoon on tuanre . It was a stealth nerf .. Since yesterday I can figure ..

I annul 3 times and when they low on health they now running at selos + speed causing nasty problems .. So .. I guess till hobble thats out . I have not tried Lavaspinners yet to see ..
Feral Lord
Tunare

benedintwo

another place u can try is tirr delve off of lavaspinners, mobs hit 200 to 300 max, dont hit max too often, and give around 2% per. u will have to kill 2 at a time the 1st round, but after that, if u kill fast enough, u can get em single, and i was staying above 90% hp on the solos, and didnt have any down time. just make sure u always kill the clerics 1st on double pulls or else u will be fighting alot longer than u need to

Iskandar

Two dispells still seem to work just fine when I do my runs, Tatter... did some hunting in Stillmoon and Ascent just today to get a few easy AA.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Dreead

Quote from: Tatter on March 30, 2005, 06:03:26 PM
They nerfed the Annull of sow / selos .. on mobs in  stillmoon on tuanre . It was a stealth nerf .. Since yesterday I can figure ..

I annul 3 times and when they low on health they now running at selos + speed causing nasty problems .. So .. I guess till hobble thats out . I have not tried Lavaspinners yet to see ..

I belive that you are slowing on pulls, then dispelling after your pet has already hit the mobs a few times, would be my guess. When you are dispelling, you are mostly likely dispelling pet snare + 1 buff, so if they have many buffs, which most do, then you aren't dispelling their sow.

Anyway, got the IH V aug yesterday, off the first stonewing, make me a happy lizard. Solo'd pretty easy, hit for around 500 max i believe, tried to CH itself after it 50%.

Klahw

great ideas on places to go, going to have to check them all out :)
Klahw

a Torv refugee