Main Menu

Any New Places to Solo?

Started by Gorrill, March 11, 2005, 02:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorrill

I am stuck. I am at lvl 45, and my mind is numb from hunting in Echo. From browsing the boards I have found the only places to solo thru these hell levels are:

Echo Caverns
Oggok - Bouncers

Is there any new places that would be soloable at level 45 thru 49? I can't remember if I had my main necro at skeles in DL or at KC in DL. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gorrill
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1171383

Oneiromancer

My first thought is to try the boats in Dulak Harbor (LoY expansion).  Nurga is probably best in the 50's, and even if it used to be okay earlier, the recent accounts of people being Feared makes it more dangerous than it used to be.

Boats 1-3 should be soloable at 45, I believe.  Find the one that gives the most efficient experience.  Move up to the next one when they turn light blue (not sure if Boat 1 will be light blue at 45).  I believe they are all easily single pulled until you get to boat 4.

I don't know about the rest of the zone, I did pretty much all of my hunting there at the boats.  But it's about the right level for you, and mostly single pulls in most of the areas.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Oneiromancer

My first thought is to try the boats in Dulak Harbor (LoY expansion).  Nurga is probably best in the 50's, and even if it used to be okay earlier, the recent accounts of people being Feared makes it more dangerous than it used to be.

Boats 1-3 should be soloable at 45, I believe.  Find the one that gives the most efficient experience.  Move up to the next one when they turn light blue (not sure if Boat 1 will be light blue at 45).  I believe they are all easily single pulled until you get to boat 4.

I don't know about the rest of the zone, I did pretty much all of my hunting there at the boats.  But it's about the right level for you, and mostly single pulls in most of the areas.

Game on,

Hereki

45 is too low for boats solo, IMHO.  Stormwave is dark blue until 55/56, I think your memory is playing you tricks :).

If you want to solo in LoY at 45, then scouts at Dulak ZI are still ok, and some of the buildings are the next step up.  Gunthak tunnel is good, too (apart from the possible trains).

Outside of LoY, and the two mentioned spots...

A lot of the tribals in Dawnshroud are dark blue, and will be for some time (lookouts, etc, near Maiden's Eye).

Some people swear by SolB, hunting at a SolA zone line - but they are still runners, so a snare proccing pet weapon, and being fast on the draw with nukes is a good idea.  Staying at one of the SolA zone lines is an important tip.

Lower Guk.  Again, some people just love it.  I'd guess that you'd want to be at the safe hall, and would need to fight there.  From the safe hall you can pull from south (lower mobs), north and NE (highest), or NW (in between).

Overthere, SW corner.  Mostly light blue, but some good blues here.  Dragoons rarely find their way into this corner, but they can.

Dreadlands.  45 is prime time for Dreadlands, and a lot of people have been here rather than Echo.  Pull to north wall of Karnors, and you'll have the zone to yourself most of the time.

Eastern Wastes.  Ulthorks will be starting to get low, but rhinos and mammoths and everything else won't be. 

If your server is low population, you can also try the hill giants in Rathe Mountains, more for money than for exp, although I think they will all be dark blue still.

Oneiromancer

Okay, I guess I was in the mid 50's doing Dulak boats, not the mid 40's.  Actually, the Dirulia boat (boat 1 I assume) has level 40-42 mobs on it, so those are dark blue at least (and not white or yellow).

Gunthak still has a bunch of mid-30's mobs though, so that could be good.

Game on,

Gorrill

Thanks so much for your help. I had soloed some at the entrance to Dulak, but it seems it is always camped. The amount of mobs I could kill compared to downtime wasn't that good. I am thinkin starting tonight I shall be campin in DL, and maybe throw EC back in when DL gets boring and mind numbing.

Gorrill

Tillath

Other places:

- GD - right near the EW zone line killing giants - soloed there at 45-46 (alternated between GD and Echo)
- DL - skellies at the Combine Spires don't start turning light blue until 50 and are single pullable with spells
- Gunthak - fort area.  bonus is that you can also get the wolf to spawn for the 52 spell Bond of the Wild.  Mobs here run though and some run very fast
- Dawnshroud - I stopped hunting tribals near ME at 45 when most of them turned light blue, but stonegrabbers are still dblue. I did grabbers until 49 when I moved to the hoppers.

can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head that hasn't already been mentioned, but if I remember any more will add them
Tillath Silverwolf (and his trusty warder Dammitt)
65 Feral Lord of the Tribunal
Husband to Margay Silverwolf, Storm Warden of Tunare
Brell Serilis (now Cazic Thule)

Hereki

There are something like six goranga lookouts and other close to them that will be dark blue into low 50s - in Dawnshroud.  Close to the stonegrabbers; my wife used to sit killing them for hours on her mage while I was thinking how slow the grabbers were :).

Dulak boats are, starting from the first one immediately south of the zone in:

Stormwave
Lady Dirulia (same level as Stormy, but more of them, and slightly closer together)
Dandolak's Run (higher level)

Then Windscorn and one other that I always forget.  These two are much tougher, with caster mobs including healers, events and it's hard to single pull.

Oneiromancer

Well, I just checked my old guild's Ding section...my first ding with that guild was level 47, in Dulak Harbor...and I distinctly remember soloing boat 3, Dandolak, while waiting for guildmates to show up.  I wasn't very well equipped...think I had a SCHW as my Haste item, and a Belt of the Great Turtle, everything else was untwinked.  So, yeah, better than someone with no high level friends at all, but otherwise about typical for a mostly LDoN character.

Anyway!  It's certainly possible.  Boats 1-3 are definitely all easily single-pullable, and boat 4 is except for the ramp leading up to it, and two pirates near the front.  I can't remember what boat 5 is like, I might have gone there once when PLing my girlfriend but I can't fully recall now.

Game on,

Tiroon

Stormwave and Lady Dirulia are good in the lower 50's.

Dandolak's Run would have even cons for a level 47. I dinged 60 on that boat and quite frankly think below mid 50's there are much better camps in Dulak's Harbor. The only place for a level 45 would possibly be Dando's pier. The mobs there are green by the time the boat becomes a viable solo spot.

Oceancrasher's mobs are about the same difficulty as Dando's but, unusually for Dulak,  have a big aggro range.

Windscorn I've never been on but with a crew of level 47 shadowknights to level 55 melees (not to forget the templar with CH on the way in) I was never really tempted to do more than hunting architects in the yard.

As for where to go: I spent my time in the mid-40's in Eastern Wastes looking for snow griffs to get the eggs for the Shawl quest. Not many griffs but enough light and dark blue mobs to keep busy and EW is still my favorite zone.

My preference now though would be hunting sarnaks in the OT for the braids (and the VS faction from the turn ins). The gate hammer is still my most priced possession.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Pondain

I did a lot of the early-mid 40's in Emerald Jungle, at the far northwest corner.  Lot of wanderers out in front of the ruin, but they're all easy single pulls and if you kill behind the ruin adds are VERY rare.  Virtually no loot, but reasonable and peaceful xp...

Did those before moving to Oggok at 45 or 46, and actually I wish I'd gone there sooner.  Xp moved along well, relatively low risk, and with the ability to sneak profits were very nice as well.

As far as Dulak, I'm now 55 and contemplating the move from Lady D to Dandy.. Last run through there Lady D was relatively easy, was able to keep the entire boat clear solo... Dandy was definitely doable, although I found myself having to heal quite a bit.
Karaltayn Darkmane, cat of war
Pondain Steelforge, sugar daddy
alive and kicking on ErollisiMarr

Grbage

EW-is good until 50 killing ulthork war's, mammies, rhinos etc. Lots of DB mobs who go down fast.

DL-hate that place and I never thought the xp was that great but kills are easy.

Dulak-Go to the wall (on torv anyway), this is a big open area next to the pier for one of the boats a little bit past the armory. You set up camp next to a wooden wall and mobs don't path to that area. Single pulling is easy, playing with a necro alt there and mobs still DB at 52.

JP-Think the basiliks are still good at 45 then move out of the caves and start hitting dryads, good xp and pp. Also the poachers are good xp.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dakat

I don't know why but most people always seem to miss out on Kunark expansion.

Kunark was there when Beasts first got started. As more gear and items got circulated in the game, they had to create tougher/harder mobs to make up for it. Hince new expansion, newer mobs with quite a few more HP then when I was a growning Beastlord. Kunark is still there and it will support leveling from 1 through 60 fairly quickly. I was an untwinked beast when I was growing up, I didn't hand down gear from another character that I had, I started with basic leather and worked my way up to Polished Ulaks, I was uber then. I remember DSP was giving me a hard time. Not that I could kill them, just it was taking to long to kill them. 

The way I looked at it back then, If it takes you more then 30seconds to kill the mob, then your hunting the wrong one.

If you can go back and seach threads I've posted numberous times on this subject, I can sum it up for you. Stay in Kunark. Level your ass off in half the time someone else would.  You can grab a KEI from PoK or C2 think 46 is cut off for KEI. Head over to FV book and you can kill in DL, but mobs have been scarce of late due to 6th Anny. I recommend holeheartedly stopping in Burning Woods. I went from 46 to 52 in a couple days. Making 1 1/2 to 2 levels each day in about 3 hours each day. All in BW.  Reason so, is the mobs offer a nice exp bonus, not the greatest, but decent. Mobs have so little HP it's rediculous, and they don't hit that hard.

Go try BW out, come back and let us know how you did.

Grbage

I leveled up in BW also but could not efficiently solo there until 49 with the new pet.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Gorrill

Ok, so as to an update. I am now level 48. I have done Dreadlands, with a fellow BST or two. The exp there was nice. When I soloed there it wasn't all that bad. Although it seems there are less mobs there now since the 'Event' happened. I tried BW, about the only thing I could find woth killing, was Skeles, but they hit so hard, with Virtue on, it still knocked me around. Dulak made me feel like I was in BW again.

So to answer my own question, EC is still a good place to solo. DL is ok, better with company. I have figured how to pull Taskmaster room without geting adds, well kinda. Only got first skele and TM.

So thanks a lot for your help

Gorrill