I am prepared'
What things?'
There is more?'
Our world?'
What problem?'

You Receive Peculiar Unshapen Piece of Wood

The Parts For Combine
Grimling Medallions-

Found in Grimling Forest from apparent random spawn mobs, hailing Scout Husman reveals.
You say, 'I wish to end the great threat in the grimling forest'
Scout Husman says 'Ah, I see you have come to help with the growing problem in the forest with the Grimlings. They were already a big enough problem, but some have changed and become ever more powerful and twisted. There are two in particular trying to amass a powerful following. You will mostly likely find them wandering in the forest from time to time as they recruit. Good luck to you friend.'

Colonel stationary at -240, 100 then roamed to +480, -750 and stopped again. Killing Colonel spawned the General which was roaming and stopped at +500, +400

However - it is said they are random spawns also.

Both dropped the eerie medallion.

The Blood
Jaggedpine Forest-

Dismal Darkpaw Mystic in JP spawned at +3400 +380 in the gnoll caves Hit for 921 max, fully slowable and AE's Cessation of Health http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4430&source=Test. Nasty Dot level 71 hit for 1k max slow first or his dps with dot will make a bad combo on your tank.

Drops the Gnoll Blood

The Clay
Erylasi the Kingdom of Wind-

Drops from the Spritfrenzied Phoenix on Phoenix Isle. Respawns when ring resets,  approx 2 hrs.
(on the same island as Melernil Faal`Armanna) 100% certain it is isle 6. As you go onto isle 6, it's almost exactly at that little rock in the SW quadrant of the isle. might be a little bit more south, say about neg800-850, pos 600ish. You will get most always Balikor the Cursed and Calebrohial. They are harder than the mob and that is what makes this part hard. You can try monks and necros to just do it for you, but they have to know what they are doing.

6 island being the reference on this great map where the epic mob spawns-
http://eq.netadmins.org/everquest/image/poair.jpg

Drops Fierce Spirit Clay

After you get the parts
Go and see Muada-

You say, 'make the totem'
Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'

The Combine
Do the Combines in PoK (IMPORTANT) -

Step 1
The kiln next to small bank in pok.
Combine 2 medallions, blood, and clay (100 pottery skill required)
Step 2
Then, Take gilded clay, wood, and essence to oven over by main bank combine for new totem. (100 baking skill required)
Step 3
Then, take totem and mold to forge over by there. Combine for Spiritbound Totem (100 blacksmithing required)

Go see Muada in Shar Val-

Text from Muada after obtaining Spiritbound Totem. (you don't have to hand in the totem and if you try you will get a message saying it doesn't work so keep the totem for now. After you get the totem say. - )

You say ' I have finished the important duty'

Elder Animist Muada says ' Now you have a fine instrument which is a reminder of your ascendance as a beastlord. Keep it close to your heart as you need that item of your very essence if you choose to advance further as an animist. Now...to continue your journey. First you must once again help to rescue the tortured spirits of our kin. The seething darkness in Discord has once again [trapped spirits] of the wild that we implore you to retrieve.

You say 'What trapped spirits'

Elder Animist Muada says ' There are discordant beasts that have become twisted through no fault of their own. You may think of it as a spiritual plage, whicha has us mystified, but we need these creatures stopped. As they grow more infected with spirits, their strength is growing out of contol. We need you to go to that realm and find the source of the problem. They are incredibly large beasts, so beware and do not go alone. Go seek the scout.'

Nobles Causeway
Go to Jillea Oogblat

You say 'Hail Jillea Oogblat' (pos 800 pos 950) - This spaws the mob!!!!!

Jilea Oogblat says, ' Ah, you have the totem. Me call you friend. So friend, we gots big trouble here. Dem bazu are out of control. It not as dough dey weren't tough enough already! Dey gots da wrong spirits running in deir bodies. Dere is no way to calm dem eider. So we are going to have to kill them to get da spirits back. You must do dis. I tink dey know I'm here. Dey close by!

AES - http://www.magelo.com/eq_spell_info.jsp?num=4451 and http://www.magelo.com/eq_spell_info.jsp?num=3971
The Fight in NC starts out easy.
The scout seems to be on 1 hour up 2 hours down.
Clear mobs at spawn point.
Have raid set up on ledge at neg 50 pos 250.
Terror and 4 adds spawn.
Adds are mezzable.
Terror hits for 900 and has an AE.
Once you kill it, It Drops Feral Dust non dropable lore.
Then you are in for a Surprise.
DDA spawns again and is so small that you cant see it in terror's corpse.
It hits up to 500 but has a stun / mezz proc that mezzes for 3 minutes.
it instant agroes raid and summons.
After killing it you get DA wand also lore no drop.

Recieve Feral Dust from Terror and Discordant Animist Wand from Discordling Dark Animist.

Go see Muada in Shar Val-

Return to Elder Animist Muada in Shar Vahl and hand him Dark Animist Wand with Feral Dust
You say, 'I agree to take on this charge
Receive Blended Elixir of Fortitude

Return to Jillaa Oogblat in Nobles Causeway
You say, 'Hail Jillaa Oogblat'
Give Jillaa Blended Elixir of Fortitude

YOU RECEIVE A FLAG =)

Tormented scout
The Bloodfields

Hail, Tormented Scout'
say  'strong'

Kill Discordling Dark Animist & 6 Savage Ferans

spawn is shown on this map for anyone that needs -
http://eq.mapfiend.net/view.php?map=bloodfields_1_4444.txt&bg=b&id=280

Spawns DDA again. A lot of different strats and not very hard for a 2.0 fight. He is near the Girplan Slashers.

It was a really easy fight, had me (about 11k buffed), a warrior (about 15k buffed) a cleric and a druid.   I just had them wait at zone in inside one of the cubbys and then i trained the whole pack of things and zoned.  They run really slow, much slower than sow.  I had sow and when i came back they werent even to the tunnel.  At this point they were staggered quite a bit so I tagged the DDA and he followed me to the zone single and we just killed him there pretty quick.  Resisted most of his ae's and he really isn't that tough, hit for like 500-600.

Name of the spell he cast is Mezz is Call of the Ikaav
http://www.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=4666 Now this cure  is remove detrimental/purify soul, rc1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, epic 1.5 cleric clickie, 2.0 also i would think

loot Gemmed Dark Animist Wand from DDA
'Hail Tormented Scout
Give the Gemmed Dark Animist Wand to the Tormented Scout

Receive Wrapped Gemmed Dark Animist Wand back

Return to Elder Animist Muada
Shar Vahl

Give Wrapped Gemmed Dark Animist Wand to Elder Animist Muada in Shar Vahl
You say, 'lost'

Get the Globe of Discordant Energy
COA.
Drops from Jelvan and Arch Magus Vangl. Drops from Warden Hanvar, Ture, and KTH after they are all dead.

Return to Elder Animist Muada in Shar Vahl

hand him Globe of Discordant Energy & Spiritbound Totem

Get Letter from Muada/Letter to Alladnu

Hollowshade Moor and Locate Alladnu Araihse

(Alladnu Araihse is SE of the zone from Shar Val zoneline. Once you get to water look along the shore and find her. )

You say, 'Hail Alladnu Araihse'
Give Alladnu Araihse Letter from Muada & Savage Lord's Totem (1.5)

Fun little script don't try to play around you just want your epic of course =).

Say ' I am done '

After the script is over you get 10 aa's and your 2.0!!!

You Get

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/beastlord.jpg ( particle effect )
and
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33360  :mrgreen:

Vahaus Warder

I've also got a guide started, compare yours to mine at the following location. Just click on the walkthrough on the left

http://eq.netadmins.org/everquest/beastlord

Zanois

Once you have globe from anguish........

You say, 'Hail, Elder Animist Muada'
Elder Animist Muada says 'I will say 'tis very good to see you again.  Shall I assume we have some business to tend to?'

Hand the Globe of Discordant Energy and the Spiritbound totem to Elder Animist Muada.

Elder Animist Muada appears overwhelmed.  'There is no limit to your greatness, is there? You have done more than any other to save us -- the masters of the wild.  Your time has come, savage lord.  You are about to meet one of the very first beastlords of Luclin.  Her name is Alladnu Eshiara.  She is often found in the wild, studying nature and the ways of feral creatures.  Find her, give her this letter and your Savage Lord Totem and she will complete your journey.  I will be there in spirit friend.'

Ok head to Hollowshade Moor and find Alladnu Eshiara.

You say, 'Hail, Alladnu Araihse'

Alladnu Araihse says 'Ah, I can sense that you have truly walked the path of a commander of the wild spirits. You have your Savage Lord's Totem imbued with your spirit, do you not?  Well, we will now put it to good use.  You must give it to me as well as proof that Muada has sent you so we can proceed with final steps of your journey.'

Hand in the letter and your epic 1.5

Alladnu Araihse says 'Follow me, Zanois.  We will embark upon the final steps of your journey.'

There is a little script that is carried out from here, I won't post it as to ruin it for you all, but that is basically your epic, you do not receive your epic until the script is completed and you say to Alladnu Araihse at the end, "I am ready".

(yes I did notice that the last name is spelt backwards in the dialogue from Elder Animist Muada.)

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Vahaus Warder

Two things:
1. What is the name of the Letter Muada gives you this time?
2. What drops the Discordant Energy in Anguish?

Edit

Never mind got it, apparently you Kill the Orb of Discordant Energy which spawns upon the death of Warden Hanvar. Loot the Globe of Discordant Energy after killing the Orb.

Mahes

The orb is essentially a loot drop you receive after beating Hanvar, Jevlan, Arch Magus, and it's assumed OMM...though haven't heard for sure yet.

Zanois

you can either kill it or just merely type /open with it targeted...

/shrug always wondered why most people wanna melee it to open it.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Vahaus Warder

Quote from: Zanois on March 30, 2005, 03:33:47 PM

/shrug always wondered why most people wanna melee it to open it.

We're beastlords. We don't open a door, we bash it the hell in, and walk through shattered frame.

Rokath

Quote from: Garrote on March 13, 2005, 03:55:53 PM
Name of the spell he cast is Mezz is Call of the Ikaav...
http://www.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=4666 so yup, plan on having people mezzed, RC2 cures it so does RGC so its not horrible but its bad

RGC doesn't cure anymore, I looked at the spells and you need osmething with Remove Detrimental, which means purify soul, rc1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, epic 1.5 cleric clickie, 2.0 also prolly.... so stock up on those classes for this fight.

Just finished this fight with Paladin and Warrior as Main Tanks, rest of us shared tanking duties but they wre the assumed tanks and held their aggro most of the fight,  Had me, rangerX2, and Shaman  3 clerics..

Set up for raid was 3 clerics +2tanks = group 1, Shaman, rangerX2, and me = group 2.  Clerics take turns curing mez, keep dps on him, you win!
Wildcaller Rokath
70th Beastlord of Immortal Wrath
Terris-Thule server

Zruk

I have comfirmed that you do NOT need to hand in the spiritbound Totem when handing in the Feral Dust to Mauda after the NC encounter.  I gave him just the Dust and the Wand (which he gave back) and the messager came and I was able to get the elixir. Can save yourself 5k pp

Has anyone found a use for that first Dark Animist Wand?  Sounds like it should be given to Jillea Oogblat right after the NC battle however haven't tried to see what she says.  I am just waiting on the Orb from anguish and don't want to risk messing with any hidden quest flags that might reset progress. 

Zruk

Garrote

Hey if you want to risk it go for it, but i would spend 5k and not lose my Spiritbound totem and CoA piece. Tell us if it works it will take off a step. Maybe the totem you get after the PoK combine works with CoA piece and you can get your 2.0 sooner, but  i don't know. All i know is it's not worth the risk, but if you do it and it works tell me please. Make this epic the easiest of all of them as if it wasn't already.

Zruk

There is no way turning the Totem and Orb without doing the rest will work because of the hidden flags.  But the way I have done it still follows the script I just didn't lose my Totem.  Mauda never asked for the totem when the feral dust was turned in.  I just think he ate it because he wanted it later.  The NC wand he rejects because at no time does he want it.

Zruk

Zruk

Turned in the Orb and Totem without a problem getting the letter(think it is "Sealed letter from Mauda") turned it and 1.5 to npc in the Moor with no problems. So can save yourself 5k by not giving the totem to Mauda after the NC fight, he only needs the Dust.

Zruk

Went back to Jillaa Oogblat today after fininishing 2.0.  Hailed her and got no repsonse.  So than I gave her the Dark Animinst Wand from NC encounter, she took it and I got the experience sound but no experience message and she said "Me no time to talk. Go 'way!'

So now I am convinced that you are supposed to give her the wand right after the NC enounter before Seeing Mauda, prehaps when you hail her she asks for the wand than tells you to go give the dust to mauda after you give the wand, but that is purely speculation on my part.  Every previous time we have had a "scout trigger mob" we have handed something to them right after the encounter, have a feeling this one was supposed to be the same way.

Zruk

aleg

Zanois

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre