Main Menu

this irritates me

Started by MowtaynLyoness, March 16, 2005, 05:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MowtaynLyoness

I know it's probably just me.  But, it irritates me that I grind and grind and get to the max level so I can say "ok I've maxed my level and now to work on other areas"......ie AA abilities, quests, tasks, missions, etc, yet the real thing is now I can grind in the same old zones hoping beyond hope that a rune drops that is of the level i need and i will win the roll.

But, why are my spells a quest.........if you can call it a quest.  Why is it that from 65 to 70, there wasn't enough spell rune drops etc, that I could have all my spells?  Why is it when I am running around with a cleric at level 70, I still don't have conviction(67 spell)?  What is the point of leveling or grinding?  I don't get anything out of it......other then to say  "lvl 70 bl & cl LFG"  only to get offered a group in some zone that doesn't even drop runes (DoN).  Conviction is a level 67 spell.......i can't even after grinding my ass off, pick that i actually get that spell when I turn in a rune, I've got to turn in 6 lesser runes (the rarest of runes it seems by the baz price) in order to get that spell.   

I just think I would enjoy this game a whole lot more that when I completed a level it actually meant something.  I think spells/abilities should be automatic when leveling and equipment be quested throughout your time of leveling.  Not the other way around, which seems to be the case.

:-o  Iknow .......stop bitching, get logged in and get those spells!!!  :)

DontPetBear

If you're just looking for the 66-68 runes, there are a cpl camps in NC that you could duo easily.  The bad thing is they are probably perma-camped.  They are on my server by necro's or 3-boxer's farming runes....day after day after day.  Only good thing about this is the price drop on runes and the Tier 1 quest items they are farming.

Oh and btw, that is probably why i am still level 65.  Don't see any point to going onward to 70.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

BloodCelt

Quote from: DontPetBear on March 16, 2005, 09:56:51 PM

Oh and btw, that is probably why i am still level 65.  Don't see any point to going onward to 70.

Thats pretty much my feeling as well,  with the meltdown of my raiding guild a couple of months ago, I can see no reason to level up for now when I mainly solo in EQ1.    I'm going to wait on the leveling and just fart around till the servers are merged and there is a larger population base.

To poster 1:  you aint alone, its worth bitching about.

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Dakat

If you haven't gotten your runes for 66-68 then you are not playing enough in those zones.  The arch camp in WOS is your best bet.  The zone is underpopulated now days and you can pretty much have that camp and Hill camp to yourself.  That's 5 named to yourself and the named drop a rune at almost every kill.  I have collected enough Runes for my Beast, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Mage and Bard and I still have several in bags and in the bank, just in case a friend or alt needs one.  On average it takes 4 runes per class to max a level in spells. So you can see how many I have gotten 6 characters x 4 per level x 3 levels each =  72 runes and I still have leftovers.  Get to WoS and Farm some. It will not take you long to get 4 Lesser Runes. Which is the rune you need for the level 67 cleric spell (Conviction)

kabbus

Quote from: MowtaynLyoness on March 16, 2005, 05:17:28 PM
I know it's probably just me.  But, it irritates me that I grind and grind and get to the max level so I can say "ok I've maxed my level and now to work on other areas"......ie AA abilities, quests, tasks, missions, etc, yet the real thing is now I can grind in the same old zones hoping beyond hope that a rune drops that is of the level i need and i will win the roll.

But, why are my spells a quest.........if you can call it a quest.  Why is it that from 65 to 70, there wasn't enough spell rune drops etc, that I could have all my spells?  Why is it when I am running around with a cleric at level 70, I still don't have conviction(67 spell)?  What is the point of leveling or grinding?  I don't get anything out of it......other then to say  "lvl 70 bl & cl LFG"  only to get offered a group in some zone that doesn't even drop runes (DoN).  Conviction is a level 67 spell.......i can't even after grinding my ass off, pick that i actually get that spell when I turn in a rune, I've got to turn in 6 lesser runes (the rarest of runes it seems by the baz price) in order to get that spell.   

I just think I would enjoy this game a whole lot more that when I completed a level it actually meant something.  I think spells/abilities should be automatic when leveling and equipment be quested throughout your time of leveling.  Not the other way around, which seems to be the case.

:-o  Iknow .......stop bitching, get logged in and get those spells!!!  :)

I agree with you.  In fact I posted complaining about this in the spell forum, I didn't read you post here first.

This is just more typical Sony/Verant logic that they have had since day one when the game first began.  Its also the reason why some other games learned from Sony/Verants mistakes and changed things like this.  I know that in Dark Age Of Camelot you receive your new spells automatically soon as you level, and you didn't even have to go hunt down a merchant to find them.

Sony has ruined this game by not allowing us to easily get our spells.  I also have absolutely zero desire to get past level 65.  I don't like grouping as it is.  And these muramite runes cost mega-platinum in the bazaar.  Where people are getting the money to afford this stuff is beyond me, I've never had money like that *ever* in my 6 years of playing EQ.

I've tried raising my tradeskills lately, but its just as I thought before, a HUGE timesink, intentionally put in to waste money and time.

kabbus

Quote from: Dakat on May 15, 2005, 05:27:50 PM
If you haven't gotten your runes for 66-68 then you are not playing enough in those zones.  The arch camp in WOS is your best bet.  The zone is underpopulated now days and you can pretty much have that camp and Hill camp to yourself.  That's 5 named to yourself and the named drop a rune at almost every kill.  I have collected enough Runes for my Beast, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Mage and Bard and I still have several in bags and in the bank, just in case a friend or alt needs one.  On average it takes 4 runes per class to max a level in spells. So you can see how many I have gotten 6 characters x 4 per level x 3 levels each =  72 runes and I still have leftovers.  Get to WoS and Farm some. It will not take you long to get 4 Lesser Runes. Which is the rune you need for the level 67 cleric spell (Conviction)
If these runes are so abundant as you claim, then why are so many people charging 25k or higher, per rune, in the bazaar for them?  From my experience, that only happens due to things being rare or extremely hard to get.

Urim

For a LOT of people these days 25k is merely a drop in the hat. They are charging that much not because they are "so rare" but because there are a ton of people who are impatient or just don't want to exp in the zones that drop them.

It's pretty much simple economics, say at 25k they can sell 10 runes a week and if they dropped it to 15k they would increase the amount they would sell to 15 runes a week. The first way they make 250k, the second they make only 225k. People are going to charge the amount the delivers the most money possible.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

knute

think thats bad wate till the 60/70 runes come into play, thos HAVE to be farmed and cant be bought at any price.

then you got 2 choices , join uber X raiding guild that does rift or mpg trials in there off time and hope to get lucky.

or take some friends to the one group camps that have a 'chance' to drop one of these runes. ive been doing one in RCoD for weeks now and have seen 1 glowing run drop now thats 24 of these runes we need total at 1 rune per 2 weeks , and i mean like a solid 5-7 hrs a day farming that will take almost a full year to get just the 6 of us our runes.

i dont know about you guys but im sure as shit not going to spend a year doing nothing but farming runes just to get spells and be 2 expantions out of date when i finaly do.

ive allways though taht the idea of not being able to get ALL your spells no matter WHAT your class with a reasonable ammount of SOLO effort was ignorant, this shear stupidity of requiring you to be in uba raid guild 443698 to even see one drop ................... THAT is the kind of dumbass mistakes that kills a game like EQ imo.

i could actualy solo cap out tailoring in less time than its gunna take me to fill my spells slots and thats just to much. i dont mind working for something, but when you see basicaly NO chance of progressing your toon further w/o being forced into joining a raid guild thats ............ arrrg

Knute

Zanois

I really don't understand why people bitch about the 69/70 runes, SoE HAS increased the droprate of both those runes in PG/RS and since then I have seen both drop fairly common, granted 69 runes drop a little more common than the 70's, but in the small amount of time ive been grinding in RS mainly for leather tier 2 quest peices for our bracers, now thats rare drops:P anyhow ive managed to complete a few bots 69/70's whilst doing that.

The problem with this game is people dont want to work at something, you want it all handed to you, there is nothing challenging left at the moment, you try something, you die you summon your corpse voila zero gamble, damn if someone said to me you can't do that or can't go there, well ya know what, id go there and do that just to prove them wrong.

Take some friends, go explore and have some fun in the places you call only "uber guilds/people" can go to, its mentality like that, that is ruining the game, not the game itself...

Sorry to rant but all the posts about the runes are the same, you'll never get em if you dont try for them.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

bham

I am unguilded. I have all the 69/70 spells I want. My bots are starting to get theirs. Hit MPG and RSS and you'll get them too. You dont need raid gear or a perfect group to do either zone.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Rhoam

Well, it is tough to get groups in MPG or RSS unless your guild tag is that of a raider or you have 4 accounts and can 4 box a group into these zones. I will not give up my guild to join a raiding guild, nor will I shell out the money for 4 accounts and box these zones. The real question is whether you need the 69/70 spells if you dont group in the zones where the content requires the upgrades the runes give you. In the beastlord class, heh, the only 69/70 spells that are real upgrades are the pet spell and the new slow spell. The other spells are not upgrades and therefore I am not so upset about not having them, much the same as I am not upset about lacking my GoD spells. The final question is why the spells in GoD and the 69/70 spells are so poor that I dont miss having them, but that is another rant for another post.  :|

bham

I assume you are level 69 or 70. If you are in a guild I assume some (maybe 5 or more) of your guildmates are also 69 or 70? All I am saying is that it doesnt matter whether you have raid gear or not. If you can put together a slower, a tank,  a cleric and some DPS you can kill RSS names and get greater and glowing runes on a regular basis, you dont even need a CCer, as most of RSS is single pullable. You dont need to box them, in fact you are better off if you dont because a well played group of non-boxers is faster and more efficient than a boxed group.

I think that most people have the perception that RSS and MPG are very hard zones. Expect to spend more time summoning and rezzing than you do fighting the first few visits, but learning the zones is well worth it, especially for non-raiders, where every drop will probably be an upgrade for someone in the group. Both zones have safe spots where you can pull all singles, including some names. Give it a go, you might surprise yourselves.
Bertox

Tannyon

Quote from: Rhoam on July 01, 2005, 04:57:36 PMIn the beastlord class, heh, the only 69/70 spells that are real upgrades are the pet spell and the new slow spell.

Ummm, the new slow spell is no upgrade. Trust me, i got it, and its like having the same spell i have now. In MPG / RSS / PoF, -30 resist check means squat.

bham

Quote from: Tannyon on July 03, 2005, 07:20:56 PM
Quote from: Rhoam on July 01, 2005, 04:57:36 PMIn the beastlord class, heh, the only 69/70 spells that are real upgrades are the pet spell and the new slow spell.

Ummm, the new slow spell is no upgrade. Trust me, i got it, and its like having the same spell i have now. In MPG / RSS / PoF, -30 resist check means squat.

I find the the new slow to be a slight but definite improvement.
Bertox

hakaaba

You wont catch me dead using the new slow unless im in MPG :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))