Main Menu

For Me CoM > Dulak or Oggok at 45

Started by Dontae, October 06, 2004, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dontae

Just want to post my opinion, so anyone behind me can get one more view on things.  After dinging 45 in Dulak I returned to PoK for some gear upgrades and such, and spent a while trying different areas.

I returned to Dulak, killed some uglies.  Tried Oggok, killed some even ugliers.  Thought, what the heck, lets make the run to CoM and give it a whirl.

WOW

To be fair, I have my friends 65 Druid following me around, so I can't reccomend CoM at 45 to soloers, because almost every pull I've had was at least two, and sometimes three.  There was also the occaisional yellow wandered add that might spell disaster for a soloer.   I'm sure some areas can be singled, but with druid buffs and DS, getting two everytime was no big deal to me.

I would pull with slow, kill the slowed one (in most cases in under 45 seconds), then kill the add that I didn't slow.  The mobs there deffinately hit harder than in Oggok/Dulak, but they also seem to have 1/3rd the HP.  There is also a MASSIVE difference in difficulty of the various DBs.  Some of them I can kill in under 30 seconds with losing 5% of my health, others take several minutes and require a fair amount of druid healing.

So, if you are two-boxing or have a friend to tag along, IMHO you will be hard pressed to find better exp for your time and effort than in CoM.  I went from 1 yellow into 45 to dinging 46 in roughly 90 minutes.  And that was with a no-res death in the middle due to a massive train from somewhere deep that wasn't announced.

CoM might be hard solo at 45, but it is a two-box haven.

-Dontae

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1117092">Dontae
Brell Serliss

Jzath

Good to hear your experience.  I just hit 40 and going to be taking groups there.  I have been following the new XP hot zones Sony setup now for two reasons, the xp (doh) and the fact I never really did spend alot of time in these zones.  CoM is suggested 40-45.  Just came out of spending a few levels in Kaesora.

Sounds like I need make sure I take a few others as I have in Kaesora.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Dontae

Just to update, I did 46-47 in almost exactly 90 minutes this morning.  And once again, that was with an unressed death in the middle. (The trains can be quite nasty heh)

I would say now at 47 most entrance mobs are LB now, but even killing LB I'm getting exp faster than I was in Dulak, just becase they die so darn fast!

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1117092">Dontae
Brell Serliss

Hereki

You should find the stables area a good camp - it stays dark blue to 51, I think - there might be one or two light blues per round at the most.   It is probably still a good camp at 52.

After that, I am not sure - either the temple on the north wall opposite the stables, or the goo house.  Both are significantly higher mobs.

Latang

I've been playing a zerker in this zone since lvl 28 (ok, using a 70 max-ft potime cleric) and it's.. amazing. Bought 10x10 charge big DS potions, and with cleric pulling mobs with the 69 damage shield, then casting the 54, the little zerker would end up with effectively a 74 pt damage shield! Woot! Starting at the zone in between 28 and 33, then into the yard surrounding the goo house until 38, then from 38 to 41 down towards the gazeebo causeway thing.

Once I get him to 47 I'll group up with Tang and autofollow on him, then move inside the reaver house. Mobs there are almost all green to 70, but max level of 47 ish i think (except named which are 49 and reavers which are 51). Or that is the plan anyway.

Any better places than CoM? So far it's incredible, but im wondering how much exp a 70 bst will suck up, despite killing a mob every 20-30 seconds.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Dakat

BW is another place you could go, however CoM has one of the highest ZEM's in game for a non-hotzone. In BW I could go to level 54 in a snap of the wrist. Maybe if I went to CoM a little sooner. At 51 mobs turn green at zone in. Now with Fabled in game again for all kunark zones, you should be careful as to what mob might be incoming.  It could be crowded with over zealous questers trying for a fabled item thats just not worth the time.

BW though, close to DL zone was a great place for me from 46 to 52. I was always alone and I had plenty of mobs. Mobs here have a short memory span. If you over run their agro radius they will go off on their own. So keep em close, but not to close when bringing to your camp. Otherwise, its even better to just mobs where they stand. Keeping vigilant eye for roamers. Avoid Zealot sarnaks for now. Don't think most untwinked/unboxed characters can handle them at those levels.

Oneiromancer

You forgot to post where Burning Woods was this week!  ;)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired